Unexpected Reaction

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Unexpected Reaction

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rob1748
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi, been managing my Candida fairly well for some time now. New here but just wanted to share my experience and gain some insight as to a possible explanation for an unexpected reaction I had on a trip recently.

First, some back story. I went to a dermatologist in town (Juneau, AK) who explained my skin irritation issues (redness and discoloration on face and chest) were likely due to bad diet. I had been putting up with this on and off for maybe 3 years prior and did not want to continue using steroid creams. He recommended the White Diet to me which yielded remarkable results but was difficult to maintain after a month (all symptoms went away…including the foggy brain and irritability associated with Candida). Then, after a few months of trial and error and researching what Candida was and how others were dealing with it I implemented my own diet with manageable results. I would eat mainly frozen unprocessed meats (chicken, fish) and cooked vegetables (spinach, carrots, onions) for breakfast lunch and dinner. This seemed to work well, but I would cheat on weekends with maybe I gluten free pizza and some hot wings (I know, not the best idea but I was satisfied since the symptoms were controllable).

Anyway, fast forward to a trip to Seattle, WA from 6/28/2014 to 7/3/2014. Day 1 I decide not to burden the group with my specific eating habits and just eat whatever I wanted and enjoy myself. My daily meals consisted of mostly foods I should be avoiding. Breakfast: eggs, cheese, bacon, peppers, potatoes, corn tortillas, eggs. Lunch: hamburger, wheat buns, ketchup, fries, brown rice, fish. Dinner: wine, beer, all kinds of food with sweet sauces, cheese covered whatever, gluten filled whatever. Nightly regiment included a face wash with one of those motorized skin scrubby things with exfoliating cream followed by my own concoction of almond oil, tea tree oil and jojoba oil. Morning: 20 min shower, face scrub and another oil treatment as I was expecting a massive flare-up. Anyway, the point of this post is that I saw little to no flare-up and in fact my symptoms seemed to be getting better. Cut to 2 days later with my return to AK and my symptoms returned while returning to my normal anti-Candida diet. My question is has anyone experienced something like this before? What’s going on here that I’m missing? Is it the environment? Relative humidity? My initial unscientific hunch was maybe the water (hard/soft) is making an impact. Could be stress related but not likely as it was a business trip. Grasping at straws here, but your insight or even speculation would be welcome. Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

When yeast and bad bugs die in the gut they produce toxins. These toxins then are detoxed via the skin if they are not detoxed via the liver. When yeast and bad bugs are fed they don’t typically release as many toxins and so no symptoms.

If you support your liver while on candida diet you likely won’t have any detox side effects.

Eventually you’ll get to a pure state where you won’t have skin problems on the diet or not on the diet.

-raster

rob1748

raster;58367 wrote: When yeast and bad bugs die in the gut they produce toxins. These toxins then are detoxed via the skin if they are not detoxed via the liver. When yeast and bad bugs are fed they don’t typically release as many toxins and so no symptoms.

If you support your liver while on candida diet you likely won’t have any detox side effects.

Eventually you’ll get to a pure state where you won’t have skin problems on the diet or not on the diet.

-raster

Thanks. So, if I understand correctly the skin irritation is a die-off symptom and a good sign that the yeast and bugs are dying? So, by engaging in my cheat days I’m perpetuating the die-off cycle? I would assume this is incredibly variable from person to person, but what type of time-frame would you guess I should expect to experience the skin irritation for if I engaged in a strict diet?

raster
    Participant

Oh its hard to say. If you support your liver, you could experience immediate results. If you don’t it could last for a long period of time.

-raster

rob1748

raster;58370 wrote: Oh its hard to say. If you support your liver, you could experience immediate results. If you don’t it could last for a long period of time.

-raster

Thanks. This is really helpful. Any recommendations for liver support? Supplements? Type of foods I should increase or decrease intake of? I’m very active and tend to sweat a lot. I try to take in a bunch of protein and water prior and maybe a small meal after. Just thought I’d mention that since some supplements have affected my performance adversely in my trial and error method to find a proper diet. Thanks again for your time. Greatly appreciated!

raster
    Participant

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

In general, I would focus on liver cleansing herbs such as milk thistle, dandelion, nettle leaf, etc.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Unexpected Reaction’ is closed to new replies.