UK ORDERS FROM I-HERB + CODE

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions UK ORDERS FROM I-HERB + CODE

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  eskimo_pup 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

PM me for a code to get $5 dollars off your first order.

I’ve found i-herb hands down cheaper then anywhere in the uk with the downside being you have to wait a few weeks.

IMPORTANT:
    For uk users keep all purchases including postage below £15 or you will be liable for customs duty and/or vat duty and a post office handling fee of £8.
    Exchange rates change so always check at the time!

Even limiting myself to £15 + $6 postage it is still hands down cheaper, i’ve checked every single item i’ve brought via amazon uk.

Don’t get probiotics unless you are assured they will be suitably packaged.

Just wanted to spread the word as i’ve been finding it very expensive especially the molybdenum and milk thistle which goes fast. Here is an idea of what i bought recently with shipping and converted to pounds:

country life molybdenum
    amazon uk- £10 for 1
    i-herb- £14:47 for 3 [£4.82 each]

milk thistle
    amazon uk silamarie- £12.56 for 120
    i-herb eclectic institute- £13.26 for 250

doctor’s best vit c
    amazon uk- £15.19
    i-herb- £12.12

Anyway i’m really happy going to save quite a bit, the molybdenum was particularly stressing me out but now it’s half the price. Hope this helps someone to save money and not fall into the duty/postage charges trap.

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Thanks for this information, I’ve come across this before but needed to make sure I fully understood before I went ahead and did what you’ve done.
    So what your trying to say is order 2-3 orders of £15 and below rather than one big order of £45 say for example?

I’ve spent a small fortune so far and really need to start cost minimising rather than frantically buying everything at astronomical prices!
    Just forked out 56 squids for thorne b12 and thorne sf722…yes I have been robbed.

Best Wishes fellow UK sufferer & Keep strong,
    JD

eskimo_pup

1533jd;33284 wrote: Thanks for this information, I’ve come across this before but needed to make sure I fully understood before I went ahead and did what you’ve done.
    So what your trying to say is order 2-3 orders of £15 and below rather than one big order of £45 say for example?

I’ve spent a small fortune so far and really need to start cost minimising rather than frantically buying everything at astronomical prices!
    Just forked out 56 squids for thorne b12 and thorne sf722…yes I have been robbed.

Best Wishes fellow UK sufferer & Keep strong,
    JD

Hi,
    that’s correct, I was apprehensive so i e-mailed them to make it clear if i placed 3 orders in quick succession i would not want them to be combined and they confirmed they never do this.

Thorne b12 is £10.16 for 60 + £3.78 p+p [with the $6 option].

the sf722 is £19.21 for 250 + 3.78 p+p

sadly that one will take you over the £15 threshold for duty/vat and will also be an automatic eye watering £8 post office handling fee [which they claim they make no profit from *cough* *cough*].

I will stay as far from the threshold or find out at the time exactly which exchange rate they are using.

There are also many good quality options within £15 bracket I certainly haven’t gone for the cheapest, i will be getting zinc/calcium/magnesium orotate for example which is the most expensive form. I can only get the smaller tub but it saves me a small fortune on uk prices regardless.

Information and links are on this thread:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4378465&highlight=

lee26
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

Iv’e been using iherb for 3 years now, from the UK. It’s the first place i go when looking for herbs, vits etc i even buy toiletries off their such as shaving soap, toothpaste, soap, mouthwash all free from nasty chemicals.

As for the shipping, yes choose international airmail and the tax levy is £15, but the thing is i very regularly place orders for the maximum of $80 and i was never charged with customs fee’s once for around 2 years. This changed last april when all of a sudden all my orders over £15 where getting added on fee’s and couldn’t get my order off royal mail until i had paid it, which was like a nightmare considering how much i rely on the site. But more recently iherb changed International airmail to be delivered to the UK by DHL and then passed on to Royal Mail once it’s here, and since then i’ve tested the new system 3 times by placing orders over £15 and i haven’t been charged anything extra at all. I just hope it continues like this.

I suppose it’s still a risk, but so far so good for me. 🙂

1533jd

Thanks Lee for this very interesting insight. Asides from the minor hassle of making 2-3 individual orders it seems to me there no real point in taking this risk of doing it in one order, surely? Just on the basis that if they do charge add ons I would be at risk of paying £7-15 more more overall than the 2-3 orders I would make per say. Btw Lee have slow connection but clicked on your link & leaving to load your video about GMO. Something I know nothing about, but seems pretty interesting.

Thanks Eskimo_Pup for your insight aswell. Crikey, I get what you mean about steering away from trying to be too close with the threshold, when taking into account exchange rates. It really is criminal how much Uk suppliers can get away with setting such high prices for these products, I suppose thats good old supply and demand, and there’s not much we can do apart from head to Iherb.

Also good point about the probiotics, I thought to myself well its fine they would provide ice packaging with it, then I realised it would most likely only keep it cold for a maximum of 3-4 days surely?

Thanks,
    JD

1533jd

I suppose I am being instructed to use this form of delivery being “Global Priority Mail by DHL — $6.00” rather than “DHL Express- International — $11.31” as that would be pretty ruddy expensive with 3 orders!

JD

lee26
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

Asides from the minor hassle of making 2-3 individual orders it seems to me there no real point in taking this risk of doing it in one order, surely? Just on the basis that if they do charge add ons I would be at risk of paying £7-15 more more overall than the 2-3 orders I would make per say.

Yes this is true if your only buying a few items that you can make in 2 orders both under £15, but if you order lots and lots of stuff then all those $6 dollar shipping charges start adding up. I sometimes order 8 or more items in one go so if i kept it all under £15 and made around 6 separate orders then that’s an extra $36 that i basically don’t have to spare so for me i just take the risk. Also it will probably be only a matter of time before you need to purchase an item that’s over £15 and either can’t find in the UK or the price is so much more in the UK that you may as well just take the risk and even if you do end up paying custom charges you’ll still be saving money.

I’m really not entirely sure why UK prices for vits are so high. I remember reading along time ago that it’s partly because most vits are made abroad outside the EU like the US so they have to pay crazy custom fee’s just to get them here and so the customer picks up the tab. If it wasn’t for iherb then the high UK prices would be crippling me, i struggle as it is.

I suppose I am being instructed to use this form of delivery being “Global Priority Mail by DHL — $6.00” rather than “DHL Express- International — $11.31” as that would be pretty ruddy expensive with 3 orders!

Yes Global Priority Mail is the new name for international airmail it should be Royal mail that delivers the order to you door though not DHL. If you choose DHL Express then expect to pay high customs and other charges

all the best 🙂

eskimo_pup

I was going to say if you have a large order add up the savings and see if it offsets the vat/handling charges, chances are you are still saving money [yes that is how much cheaper they are!]

This code will get you $5.00 of the first order so practically covers postage costs:
    BCL944.

I might try the big shipment but only if i still save money, i would be gutted if duty and handling charges mean i paid more or made no saving.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘UK ORDERS FROM I-HERB + CODE’ is closed to new replies.