(UK) Cadburys Bournville Cocoa Powder

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice (UK) Cadburys Bournville Cocoa Powder

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Glowstone
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

Hi everyone

Sorry for those folks in other countries who havent a clue what Im on about 🙂

I hear that pure Cocoa is very good for you, high in antioxidants and promotes many other benefits…
    Im on a mostly Candida diet and have been drinking Bournville Cocoa as it comes..the lable says its just pure cocoa, but the NI table shows some carbs….which obviously break down into sugars?

Whats your opinion about Cocoa…??

PS I stay well clear of anything like normal drinking chocolate, Options or anything like that

Many thanks for reading

MJ

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Good quality chocolate is healthy but I don’t think the caffeine is helpful while you’re healing.

Glowstone

As far as i know theres no Caffeine in the powder..I am prone to the odd coffee tho!
    ( I live above a coffee shop)

many thanks

MJ

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

All cocoa contains caffeine. It’s not an added ingredient. Cocoa may have prebiotic effects though.

By the way, few plant antioxidants actually make it into the blood and have a negligible effect on oxidative stress. I haven’t seen anything specifically on cocoa, but green tea antioxidants end up in the toilet within 2 hours. Oxidative stress also has important roles within the body, like destroying antigens or signalling for repair. If you supplement vitamin C after exercise, for example, your progress will be slower.

Glowstone

Javizy wrote: If you supplement vitamin C after exercise, for example, your progress will be slower.

So if I take Vit C then my recovery will be slower, does that mean Vit C slows the Oxidative stress process?

In the case of Candida dieting, is the body under alot of this kind of stress generally?…I guess its hard to say with so many diverse factors to consider…I think I noticed that taking vit C when in the Die Off period was a good thing..surely the body is under alot of stress?

Ahh thats something I diddnt know about the caffien tho

thanks

🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Glowstone wrote: So if I take Vit C then my recovery will be slower, does that mean Vit C slows the Oxidative stress process?

The statement was, “If you supplement vitamin C after exercise.”
    Vitamin C is an important part a Candida treatment and is listed as a supplement on our forum protocol.
    According to a research study reported by the International Journal of Microbiology Research in 2009, just 150 mg of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) was able to stop the cell growth of Candida albicans. A higher level of 250 mg reduced proteinase secretion which is an important mechanism reflecting the effectiveness of Candida albicans as a fungal pathogen.
    You definitely want vitamin C as part of your treatment against the infestation. Just don’t take it immediately after exercising.

In the case of Candida dieting, is the body under alot of this kind of stress generally?

The Candida itself causes stress and so does the die-off toxins if you don’t make plans to control these beforehand. The diet can be stressful in the beginning, probably because of having to become accustomed to living without so many carbs and sugar.

Able

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘(UK) Cadburys Bournville Cocoa Powder’ is closed to new replies.