Two years on the diet…and counting

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Two years on the diet…and counting

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  mossysocks 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Hello All,

It’s been a few months since I was last on the forum and thought it was time to come back and see how everyone’s been doing, and keep up to date with the latest news on the diet and protocol. It seems that in my absence a few things have changed around here. Able has apparently been banned, the protocol is dead and buried, and somebody called Lisa has her own diet. Anyway, I’d like to give a brief update on my current condition and would appreciate any feedback, moral support, ideas etc that you might find worthy of my attention.

I’ve been suffering from a candida infestation for about three years now, and following the strict forum diet (Able’s diet) for the last two years. I feel like I’ve made some progress over the past two years, but am certainly not ‘cured’. I’ve only cheated a handful of times on the strict diet and not that badly. My diet consists of veggies, eggs, some organic chicken, buckwheat, teff, quinoa, occasionally millet, flaxseed meal, occasionally almond meal, coconut flour and oil, hemp protein powder, chia seed flour, EVOO, ACV, lemons, Himalayan pink sea salt along with the other recommended herbs/spices, milk kefir, probiotics, and a number of different antifungals. I’ve rotated a number of antifungals over the past two years such as olive leaf extract, neem, garlic, ginger, oregano oil, grapefruit seed extract, SF722, black walnut, more than I can remember. When I stick to the strict diet I feel fine, almost normal again, but it’s been a long two years and I still haven’t managed to eradicate the candida and return to complete health. The longer I continue the more I wonder if I’ll ever be able to get over it.

A few months ago I decided to change tack and try something completely radical. I chose to visit an ayahuasca retreat in the Amazon jungle (Google if you’re not familiar with it). I’d read quite a bit about it over the past few years and felt that it was something I wanted to experience, and not just because of my condition. About a month ago I took part in a 12-day ayahuasca retreat and participated in a number of ceremonies. The diet I followed while there was very similar to the candida diet so the food was not an issue I had to worry about. I felt that I cleared out a lot of crap during the ceremonies and also felt quite reinvigorated and alive again, even though the first few ceremonies were quite physically challenging (lots of vomiting and diarrhea). For the first time in the last three years I actually had lots of energy and positivity. So much so that I decided to try a few different, non-candida diet foods to test whether I’d have a reaction or not. I spent two and half weeks after the retreat ended traveling around Peru and eating more regular foods such as bread, rice, pasta, some beef, and even a little ice-cream and the odd slice of cake. All the while I felt pretty great and had no bad reactions, except for some slighty dry, sore lips for about three or four days. But all of my other past symptoms such as indigestion, nausea, lethargy, brain fog, and an itchy rash did not bother me at all. It was only when I got back home that I started to feel a little woozy again after eating a bowl of noodles. Since then I’ve been back on the diet. For a while I thought I’d found a cure but now think that the medicine (ayahuasca) helped to clear out an awful lot of crap but did not cure me completely, and that I should have continued the strict diet after I left the retreat (albeit difficult to do when traveling).

This in a nutshell is where I currently stand. I’ve been thinking about doing some tests such as a candida immune complexes blood/stool test to see whether that might help shed some light on my condition. I believe that the cause of my candida infestation is due to overuse of antibiotics over the past 10-15 years. If anyone has any advice that they can give or recommendations then feel free to throw them my way, or ask any questions you’d like.

Thanks for reading, and keep on fighting the good fight!

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

You might have mold or other toxins in you home, or something you are allergic to. If you felt so good while still eating more sugary foods, but a bowl of noodles set you off back home I do not think it is the food. Maybe all the diarrhea and vomiting helped clear out toxins as well. I’m guessing you weren’t having as many BM’s once you returned home, how many do you have on average?

If you can work up to 4 a day I think this would greatly help you out.

Then you need to find out why being at home is setting you off. It could be lots of things, stress, draining people around you, mold and other toxins, allergens, etc.

I think the best thing for you to do now is sweat as much as possible, 4-5 times a week or so, increase BM’s if you having less than 3-4, and figure out what is setting you off at home.
    Do you take anything to support you liver?

M

I live in a small, one-room apartment with a separate bathroom. The building is fairly new and in good condition, and I’ve been living here for two years now so I’m certain it’s not my living conditions. I did live in a moldy apartment a few years back, and along with the overuse of antibiotics is probably the main cause of my infestation.

I tend to have one or two bowel movements per day. Generally on the diet I don’t have a problem clearing things out. I’ve never had three or four bowel movements per day even before I came down with this problem. That seems like an awful lot to me. In terms of stress, I don’t really have any. My job is pretty easy-going and I don’t work many hours. I have virtually little if any social life so there are no people draining my energy or getting on my nerves.

I used to take Milk Thistle to help my liver but stopped quite a while ago since I wasn’t experiencing any noticeable die-off, but I might start up again soon.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Peru and an ayahuasca experience has been on my bucketlist since reading The Spirit Molecule and learning about the Nazca Lines.
    I would love to hear more about your experience.

Sounds like cleaning out your system (not to mention how many herbs are naturally antifungal anyway) was a huge player in your recovery, and getting your eliminatory organs back in good shape may be your only problem.

Herbs that get the kidneys really filtering well, support the liver, maybe all you really need to do is clean the lymph and rest the body. I was told that when your organs/glands are working so hard every day to filter and clean, its easy for pathogens to overwhelm the body. Once they are revitalized, everything bad is kept in check.

Sounds like a really positive experience, and I what im taking from it is that im going to do more to eliminate and clean.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Try out the liver cleanse my naturopath created:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3877_Rasters-late-in-your-treatment-liver-cleanse.aspx

It could come down to one organ messing you up such as your liver, galbladder, pancreas, etc. I also think you should try to improve your digestion to 3bms per day like tdog mentioned…this is a great goal to aim for. I never ever got there throughout my life until the last year.

-raster

M

@Vegan Catlady,

It was an incredible experience, and one I’m profoundly grateful for. I’m definitely going back at some point. I haven’t finished with aya yet, and would like to go deeper next time in terms of visions and insights. The first three ceremonies were basically about purging, out of both ends, along with some insights that kind of told me that I need to put a name to my illness because once you name something you can then conquer it. I also read elsewhere that the very act of naming an illness has a healing effect. This has led me to conclude that I need to undertake some specific testing to see what strain of candida I’m suffering from. I’ve had basic testing for candida albicans twice before and both times it came back negative although I’m not sure how effective or accurate the tests were. I’ve read that the candida immune complexes test is supposed to be a good one so I’m going to look into that.

I truly believe that I cleared out a lot of crap from my system, and the fact that I was able to relax and spend some quiet time in a jungle setting with a group of nice people, along with some delicious and healthy natural food really contributed to my improved situation. On the other hand, I’m concerned that I may have negated some of that healing by pigging out after I left the retreat. I’m wondering what would have happened if I’d stuck to the strict diet a little longer. It just seems weird that during my travels I felt pretty good, and the moment I get back home and eat I came down with some brain fog and started feeling a little funny. Is it just a coincidence? Or was it just a matter of time?

I like your idea of cleaning out the organs/glands. That certainly could be beneficial. Which herbs would you recommend?

Peru is an amazing place, so of course I’d highly recommend it.

M

@raster,

How would you recommend I try to increase my bowel movements? Are there any products that would assist me in achieving this, or is it just a matter of eating more?

I’ve thought about doing a colon cleanse of some kind. Would you be able to suggest anything?

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Tdog333;54674 wrote: You might have mold or other toxins in you home, or something you are allergic to. If you felt so good while still eating more sugary foods, but a bowl of noodles set you off back home I do not think it is the food. Maybe all the diarrhea and vomiting helped clear out toxins as well.

x2

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Move to the jungle 🙂

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

M;54712 wrote: @Vegan Catlady,

It was an incredible experience, and one I’m profoundly grateful for. I’m definitely going back at some point. I haven’t finished with aya yet, and would like to go deeper next time in terms of visions and insights. The first three ceremonies were basically about purging, out of both ends, along with some insights that kind of told me that I need to put a name to my illness because once you name something you can then conquer it. I also read elsewhere that the very act of naming an illness has a healing effect. This has led me to conclude that I need to undertake some specific testing to see what strain of candida I’m suffering from. I’ve had basic testing for candida albicans twice before and both times it came back negative although I’m not sure how effective or accurate the tests were. I’ve read that the candida immune complexes test is supposed to be a good one so I’m going to look into that.

I truly believe that I cleared out a lot of crap from my system, and the fact that I was able to relax and spend some quiet time in a jungle setting with a group of nice people, along with some delicious and healthy natural food really contributed to my improved situation. On the other hand, I’m concerned that I may have negated some of that healing by pigging out after I left the retreat. I’m wondering what would have happened if I’d stuck to the strict diet a little longer. It just seems weird that during my travels I felt pretty good, and the moment I get back home and eat I came down with some brain fog and started feeling a little funny. Is it just a coincidence? Or was it just a matter of time?

I like your idea of cleaning out the organs/glands. That certainly could be beneficial. Which herbs would you recommend?

Peru is an amazing place, so of course I’d highly recommend it.

I definitly see the value in naming the illness.
    It serves the purpose of moving forward, and creating a timeline. Hard to gain momentum on a nebulous surface! Atleast in the physical,lol.

I wouldnt get too lost in the specifics though…just like naming can push a journey, I know from experience that details can glue you to the spot…over thinking, getting complicated.

Sounds like you were keeping it simple in the jungle.

Sigh. I wish that on myself.

🙂

Herbs work really well on a light,hydrating diet.
    Glands and organs cant recoup if they are working hard. Its like going on vacation, but bringing your work with you.

Apparently we can pee without our kidneys really filtering well. If our adrenal are over-worked,shriveled little raisins ( or maybe just mine are?) then no amount of medicine is going to help. they need to be brought back to health,too.
    I am using “Gaia Herbs” now, and Dr Morse’s “God’s Herbs” soon to replace Gaia.
    Google the formulas, maybe your taking something similar to them now?

This candida was a gift, to truly put my health first as a symbol of self-worth.
    I wonder how many people here, dealing with candida, are in the middle of life-changing perception. Realizing their value and gaining self esteem by being forced to slow down and feed the body instead of the ego.

Where do you focus “here” that you were completely not focusing on in the jungle?
    Is there a theme your mind is always on?

Im thinking its likely that pigging-out when you came back was only a trigger, but not the reason candida came back,if it even did. It could just be that you felt out-of-sorts throwing a bunch of “less than great” food into a super-clean system.
    Are you sure the candida is back?

I look forward to hearing more about your insights.

I have chatted with Dr Brien Foerster http://hiddenincatours.com/ on FB about Peru…he has me fascinated with it. The elongated skulls of Peru have been an obsession of my artwork for years.

Hope you dont have to wait too long to visit again.

M

Well, I’m pretty sure it’s come back. I’m experiencing some of the same symptoms I’ve experienced in the past. I actually pigged-out while I was traveling around Peru after the retreat ended and not after I got back home. I’d been eating regular food for about two and a half weeks. The only issue I had was sore, dry lips for a few days but other than that felt fine. Then the first night I got back home, I started to feel a little fuzzy/woozy (take your pick) and came down with some brain fog. The next day was the same thing, so I decided to go back on the diet and have been feeling a little better since then.

My focus here is mostly on my condition, and perhaps a little about my future and where I want to be. Not being able to eat what I want and when I want is a huge drain on the system, psychologically and perhaps even emotionally.

I’ve been in a kind of limbo these past three years, and would really like to get some clarity regarding my condition. Perhaps only then can I truly figure out what I need to do to combat this thing in the most effective way. I think that’s what the plant spirits were trying to tell me. They cleared me out and gave me a head start, but now I have to finish the job myself and continue the work.

Thanks for the tips about the herbs, I’ll look into it. I tend to order all of my supplements from iherb since they stock tons of good stuff and the shipping and costs are not too bad.

Yeah, I’m familiar with Brien Foerster, and find the elongated skulls issue quite interesting too. I saw some while I was over there. There also appear to be many similarities between Egypt and Peru, leaving me with no doubt that there was contact in the past between those two cultures. Fascinating stuff.

M

@impossible,

If it were that simple I’d move there tomorrow 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

M you might want to get proper testing to figure out what you are ill with for certain and maybe consider going to an allergist.

From my experience, if you were to go strict for about a month or so, you’ll feel pretty good afterwards. No big setback.

-raster

M

Yeah, I’ve found a couple places here that do those tests, and have emailed for more details about costs etc. Waiting for a reply now.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Like another poster said, mold is something I would investigate.

Electromagnetic hypersensitivity is something I just recently uncovered and know hardly anything about it, except that a large number of people seem to be very sensitive to EMF waves from WiFi, cell phones, etc. This could explain why the jungle seems to treat you so well. Seems crazy I know, but check out this thread: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-electrical-apocalypse-can-we-avoid-it.26545/

This gives a new perspective on the stereotype of the tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist, lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Two years on the diet…and counting’ is closed to new replies.