Two years of Mold inhalation…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Two years of Mold inhalation…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

meeshe11e
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

So.. I’ve come on this site looking for help. I feel like I’ve been searching for answers forever now. Two years ago we moved into a lovely little home. I work from home, so I was excited that we had a finished room in the basement that I could convert into my home office. Shortly after, I started getting sick with sinus infection, after sinus infection, after sinus infection. The first year it was just one or two, but by the second year it was four or five. I kept on going on antibiotics, two courses were usually needed in order to wipe it out. But lately, I’ve noticed that antibiotics weren’t even helping anymore. I started doing reasearch and realized that I most likely was dealing with a mold issue. I moved my office upstairs, and my husband took apart the framing in our basement only to find a crack in our foundation and mold covered.. well… everything. I had been working 9hr days down in that for the last two years. I started taking Quertecin with Bromeline, all sorts of vitamins, and I’ve been on the candida diet for about two weeks now, with terrible die-off symptoms. I’ve ordered diffusers and essential oils to help, but I just want to know if an internal fungal/mold infection can be helped with the candida diet? I feel like I’m grasping at straws. The drs haven’t been much help, they just throw prescriptions at me and send me on my way. If any one has any advise or information, it’d be really appreciated. I can’t imagine I’m all alone in this. Hopeing someone will be able to help me. Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I also had a toxic mold related overgrowth and basically what it does is cause the yeast in your body to bloom. You might think you are infected with mold but its really a yeast that produces hundreds of symptoms.

Western doctors only prescribe medications and there isn’t a single medication out there that can treat you and get you better, this is why regular doctors aren’t being helpful.

Plan on a long term recovery, I am still at this after 3+ years on the diet (mostly symptom free).

What I recommend is doing the candia5 test which is a pretty cheap test you can take at home for diagnosis. After that I would consult a good naturopath who has experience treating people with yeast problems for 20+ years. They will put you on the right supplements to get better that are more effective than what you have researched.

You likely have a variety of issues right now including constipation, liver issues, general toxicity, minor thyroid issues, minor adrenal issues, dysbiosis, bodily ph problems, etc. All of these should be addressed at the same time if possible so you can get better as quickly as possible.

-raster

meeshe11e

Thanks Raster,

Can you tell me where I can go to buy the Candia5 test? Also, I’ve been taking 2 teaspoons of Apple cider vinegar a day. I started taking it to help treat my sinus issues before I found out what was causing all this. I read that vinegar should be avoided with the Candida diet, is that true? Will a small amt effect me? I’m trying to use it to keep my body in an alkaline state to help boost my immune system. Also, I’ve been on the diet for two weeks today and I am getting dizzy spells, insomnia and anxiety. Is this normal? How long will this last and is there a way to ease it at all?

Thanks again!

raster
    Participant

Go to the candia5 website to order the test…

If you are consuming raw ACV then it is fine but if its the pasteurized heinz type stuff, then it does benefit the yeast.

Your symptoms sound like die-off symptoms and you need a sound detox plan to get over the symptoms:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

In general, if you focus on detoxing, this should reduce the symptoms until you decide to get more aggressive in your treatment.

-raster

meeshe11e

Great, thanks again.

Yes, I’ve been using Braggs raw ACV. I was oil pulling for a little while and I have also started some essential oils to help me get back to a normal state of health. The die-off comes in waves, and it really knocks me over. I’m hoping it will fade in time. Thanks for that link. Okay, just another question regarding your last comment. You said to do the detox before getting a more aggressive treatment. I was under the impression that the diet would really resolve everything, no? What else am I looking at? I’ve heard some people also take anti fungal supplements, but it feel like I’m looking in a million different places and seeing a million different things.

raster
    Participant

meeshe11e;59693 wrote: Great, thanks again.

Yes, I’ve been using Braggs raw ACV. I was oil pulling for a little while and I have also started some essential oils to help me get back to a normal state of health. The die-off comes in waves, and it really knocks me over. I’m hoping it will fade in time. Thanks for that link. Okay, just another question regarding your last comment. You said to do the detox before getting a more aggressive treatment. I was under the impression that the diet would really resolve everything, no? What else am I looking at? I’ve heard some people also take anti fungal supplements, but it feel like I’m looking in a million different places and seeing a million different things.

No the diet doesn’t cure anything by itself and you’ll need to spend hundreds of dollars in supplements per month to really get better (imo)…to where you felt before the mold. And most of all you will need time…

I did just the diet with a few minor supplements like you did at first and didn’t get anywhere in the first 3-4 months. Thats when I consulted a naturopath and the first week I healed the equivilent of those first 3-4 months. So if you really want to save yourself time and trouble, seek a professional.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Two years of Mold inhalation…’ is closed to new replies.