two persistant symptoms

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions two persistant symptoms

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Hello Everyone!

I have been on the diet since last May. I have two persistent symptoms that I’d like advice on:

One is that I’ve had painful neck and upper back for almost a week. It feels like toxins are sitting in the muscles at the base of my neck and they won’t go away. I’m thinking a massage could help, but the last time I got a massage it was not good. I suspect my body was having a hard time eliminating toxins, and it only moved the toxins towards my already backed up liver. This resulted in screaming migraines and rolling nausea for 2 days after the massage.

The other is that my adrenal fatigue is ever so slowly getting worse. I thought I had it cured before starting the diet. Little by little I’m waking up more in the night and having trouble going back to sleep. Now it’s rare that I can sleep past 5AM. Any suggestions?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I think massage could be beneficial, but since it catalyzes detoxification in the body (as you’ve experienced!), you should be careful with it if you feel like your liver is in a similar state as last time you got one. A friend of mine used to get mowed down by massage, too, same sort of symptoms you mention. As a massage therapist, I would recommend trying a massage that’s 30 minutes or less, like a 15-20 minute chair massage. Not as luxurious, but if you specifically need to work on the neck and upper back anyway, more focused work could minimize detox symptoms while still addressing your areas of concern. Be sure to drink a lot of water, before and afterwards. Do as many nice things for your liver that day as you can, like maybe hit a sauna or steam room, too. You already take a ton of vitamin C. Maybe take an extra molybdenum?

If you don’t want to do a massage yet, just doing slow, controlled, yoga-style neck circles and shoulder rolls in each direction for a couple of minutes in the morning can help loosen things up.

mrs.candida

Thanks Shay! If I were in an English speaking country I would go for a massage and explain what’s going on. I’m just having too much trouble with the language barrier, too much gets lost in translation.

So, you think my best bet is to work it out slowly somehow? It’s been sitting there for almost a week. I know I shouldn’t let if fester because this is the type of pain that sets me up for throwing my neck/back out with one wrong tuen of my head.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

What are you doing for your adrenal fatigue? Are you taking any supplements to help restore cortisol levels? What is your stress level like typically?

mrs.candida

What are you doing for your adrenal fatigue?

Candida diet, and high doses of vitamin C. I’m not a fan of taking any sort of pig or cow adrenal glands. I don’t believe it’s a long term solution.

Are you taking any supplements to help restore cortisol levels?

I have high cortisol, I’m not sure how to bring it down. I’ll look into that.

What is your stress level like typically?

I have the least amount of stress I’ve ever had in my life as I’m a full time Candida patient, all I do is take care of myself most days.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

mrs.candida;35559 wrote:

What are you doing for your adrenal fatigue?

Candida diet, and high doses of vitamin C. I’m not a fan of taking any sort of pig or cow adrenal glands. I don’t believe it’s a long term solution.

Are you taking any supplements to help restore cortisol levels?

I have high cortisol, I’m not sure how to bring it down. I’ll look into that.

What is your stress level like typically?

I have the least amount of stress I’ve ever had in my life as I’m a full time Candida patient, all I do is take care of myself most days.

Well, if you want rec’d for supplements let me know. Also, exercise reduces cortisol levels and is a great anti inflammatory.

mrs.candida

Of course I’d like a recommendation for supplements.

Exercise? I was a runner when adrenal fatigue hit. One of the ways I originally cured my adrenal fatigue was cutting out exercise. Then I started walking for sport when I got pregnant. However, I never recovered from my pregnancy and exercise is out of the question given how sick I currently am.

mrs.candida

I just looked at things to help bring cortisol levels down, and came across something interesting.

The B vitamins. The last time I had a blood draw my B12 level was off the chart at 767. If my adrenal glands need B12/folic acid then why is my body not using what I’m taking? Is there anything that can be learned from a high level of B12?

My doctor seemed shocked, and I’m thinking I should get retested.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

If you feel unable to effectively communicate your needs to a massage therapist, I would recommend going the yoga route. Getting into a daily routine of stretching and engaging the muscles should help.

mrs.candida

Thanks Shay! I didn’t even think about yoga. I will look into some poses. Rolling around on a tennis ball helps.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the adrenal fatigue. Are the bits of animal adrenals the only way everyone else is curing themselves?

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I just got some amazing adrenal teas from an herb shop by me, but I have no idea what’s in them. I’ll find out and get back to you.

Also, I get the worst stress/pain/backed up shit in my shoulder blade area (I call it my “wing” because it’s where my angel wing would come out). There’s this yoga pose that is the best ever for it. It’s called supported fish and a google search will get you some photos…but basically you put a yoga block (or something that’s firm and about that size) on the ground with the long side to the floor (so it’s tall but not super tall). Then, you lie down on your back so that the block hits right between your shoulder blades. You’ll probably have to squirm a little to find the right spot, but trust me, you’ll know when you find it 😉 Set your arms out to the side and let your head fall back. If the bend is too much, you can also put a folded blanket or pillow under your head. Then, just lie like that for a few minutes. It’s a yin yoga pose, so they are intended to be held for several minutes at a time.

mrs.candida

Thank You Alex. I will try the yoga pose, and I’d love to know what’s in your tea.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Mrs. C.

According to research studies, teas made from adaptogen herbs have the most benefit when it comes to restoring the balance of the adrenal glands. Two of the strongest adaptogen herbs are licorice and Ashwagandha.

You can make licorice tea by adding 1 to 5 g of dried licorice root to the water and drinking it three times a day, or I imagine tea bags can be purchased.

Ashwagandha tea can be made from the roots or leaves, and of course the tea bags are available in some health food stores. Drinking it a few times a day would be good, plus, I would definitely take the Ashwagandha capsules three times a day if you’re not already doing so.

Able

mrs.candida

Thanks Able.
    I take licorice root and ashwagandha in capsule form daily. But it sounds like I should add teas or switch to teas?

I worked out my neck today by laying on a tennis ball and yoga poses. The strangest thing happened, as soon as I finished my ears started ringing.

This yeast sure is an elusive little bastard.

sushified
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 31
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘two persistant symptoms’ is closed to new replies.