Turmeric Tea

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Turmeric Tea

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

There was a mention of Turmeric somewhere here and I can’t find it now… I bought raw Turmeric root at the market and tried to make tea by grating it into boiling water – it tasted ok but was really gritty. Anyone else making it more successfully?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lucylu wrote: There was a mention of Turmeric somewhere here and I can’t find it now… I bought raw Turmeric root at the market and tried to make tea by grating it into boiling water – it tasted ok but was really gritty. Anyone else making it more successfully?

Hi, Lucy.
    This is a link to the instructions for making turmeric tea from the roots.

http://www.theediblelibrary.com/tea/fresh-turmeric-tea/

Lucylu

Thanks Able – made it that way (sliced and boiled) and it worked much better. It didn’t taste as nice (much weaker) than my grated version but as leasy I didn’t have to filter it through my teeth! The thought of the ginger in it makes me shudder – can’t stand the taste of smell of it! Which is a shame because it had so many beneficial properties.

Lx

Able900
    Spectator

Lucylu wrote: The thought of the ginger in it makes me shudder – can’t stand the taste of smell of it! Lx

Lucy;
    Glad it worked better for you, although I had a feeling it would present a wee weaker taste – Wow I like saying that out loud. So here I am, sitting in the old US of A repeating that something contains a wee weaker taste. Wonder what happens if someone hears me?

And believe it or not, I’m agreeing with you 100% on the taste of ginger. Did you have to toss your first box as well? I remember I couldn’t even give mine away.

Able

Lucylu

Step away from the Apple Cider Vinegar Able… it’s obviously gone stright to your head!! Did anyone hear you? I had to chuckle to myself at you sitting at your desk saying that out loud… were you saying it in an awful staged Irish accent?!!!

Please can we drop the subject of the ginger now?! Its making me feel queezy even typing about it. Ughh.

Able900
    Spectator

Lucylu wrote: Step away from the Apple Cider Vinegar Able…

Hey, you, leave my ACV alone. It’s the closest I’ve come to getting a wee bit tipsy since somebody said “NO alcohol” … damn him anyway.

Did you actually ask if I used that awful staged Irish accent? Luce, I’m sitting somewhere on the Eastern Seaboard of the United States, and the only ancestors I’m aware of are from the Susquehanna and Cherokee Indian tribes. Exactly which type of ‘staged’ Irish accent did you expect if not awful? Now stop laughing at my Irish accent while I have a wee bit of my ACV.

“Abel”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Turmeric Tea’ is closed to new replies.