Turkey sandwich

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Turkey sandwich

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  djnagle525 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hilary
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 25

I know a sandwich probably seems so simple to most, but of all of the things I’ve made these last 6 weeks, this has been my favorite. So I thought I’d share it with everyone.

Coconut bread with lemon (I also add alcohol free vanilla and cinnamon to this bread sometimes and it’s super moist)
    Slow cooked organic turkey breast- cooked at 300 for 2 & 1/2- 3 hrs
    ACV mustard
    Romaine
    Sautéed onions, fresh chopped garlic, and grilled jalapeños (chopped with seeds out) in olive oil and a little coconut oil and salted to taste ( I make large batches of sautéed onion mix and add them to an avocado dip/dressing that I make and cauliflower soup, etc.)

Enjoy! Great lunch for kids and hubby!

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

well i have given up on making bread. i have made about 10 loaves and none have pleased me. they either taste terrible or smell horrible. The bread isnt light like store bought. its dense and heavy..
    with the flours we have been given to work with..i find it all sucks. Very disappointed actually. i want some real bread. so i suppose i am about to go on a search for bread all over the web..cause this has gotten costly and ridiculous.
    turkey sounds good..not the bread.

Hilary

I am extremely picky about my bread. I’ve been gluten free for about 12 years and I almost never eat bread because I just don’t like the taste of the GF recipes, but this worked very nicely for me. I followed Able’s coconut bread recipe and just made a couple of alternates and it was very acceptable to me. (I’ve thrown away about 4 different recipes that I tried this week prior to making this one).

3/4 cup coconut flour- I split this into two equal parts of coconut flour and teff flour
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/2 t Himalayan Sea Salt
    3/4 tnaluminum free baking powder
    6 organic eggs
    2T alcohol free vanilla
    2T freshly ground cinnamon
    Squeeze about 1T lemon juice (I didn’t actually measure this so it might have been a little more)
    (for those that are able to use Stevia I’m sure you could add some, but I can’t so I don’t know how much to add)
    Use olive oil to grease small bread pan and pour batter in.

Cook at 345 for 40 minutes instead of 50 and it comes out very moist

I was desperate for something with flavor so that’s why you see cinnamon, vanilla, and lemon. It has a nice texture and flavor. Again, I would give thin one more try, because I’m extremely picky about breads and I actually like this.

I hope this helps!

Doggiemama

have not tried adding the vanilla. but have done everything else. the coconut flour has too strong of a taste to me. havent tried the Teff..maybe because its red..and doesnt make bread look like bread..LOL

Doggiemama

Does yours come with a faint rank smell after baking? thats a big problem i have//the smell…

Hilary

No I don’t have the smell after baking it, but I do if I toast it. That is a very common smell for many gluten free bread products and it really turns me off of it. But this is moist enough that I don’t need to toat it! Give it a try! 😉

djnagle525
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Your sandwich recipe leads into a question I’m trying to get answered. Is lettuce allowed on the diet? Its not on the list of “foods to eat” but not on the “to avoid” list either. I don’t see why it wouldn’t be allowed. Its not at all starchy. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Btw, in relation to those talking about finding a good bread recipe, here is a bread recipe I found on the web. I have made it a couple of times and was very pleased. Its so quick to make, it cooks in the microwave and if you ask me it tastes kinda like whole wheat bread. I think it took longer to cook than indicated in the recipe so I just added more time in small incriments. That could of just been because my microwave is old, though.:

Author: Louise Hendon

Serves: 4 small round slices

Ingredients
    •⅓ cup (35 g) almond flour
    •½ teaspoon (2 g) baking powder
    •⅛ teaspoon (1 g) salt
    •1 egg, whisked
    •2 and ½ tablespoons (37 ml) ghee (or butter if you tolerate it, coconut oil, or olive oil), melted

Instructions
    1.Grease a mug.
    2.Mix together all the ingredients with a fork.
    3.Pour mixture into mug.
    4.Microwave for 90 seconds on high.
    5.Cool for a few minutes.
    6.Pop out of mug gently and slice.

Nutrition Information

Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 132 Fat: 13 g Saturated fat: 5.25 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 2 g Sodium: 152 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 3.25 g Cholesterol: 66.25 mg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Turkey sandwich’ is closed to new replies.