Tuna and tomatoes

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Tuna and tomatoes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

alexparginos
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 43

are canned tuna in water, tomatoes and beans allowed on the candida diet. i dont see at the website anything about tuna or tomatoes, and they say the beans should be introduced later on. please help me out with this, also i eat 3 cups of oat bran a day, is this a mistake? plus should i buy any more supplements? my supplements are phsylum husk for fiber, vitamin c 1000 mg with citrus bioflavonoids ( dont know what that is)and molybdenum. thpse are my supplements, is it importnant to buy more or i am good with these basics ??

alexparginos
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 43

alexparginos wrote: are canned tuna in water, tomatoes and beans allowed on the candida diet. i dont see at the website anything about tuna or tomatoes, and they say the beans should be introduced later on. please help me out with this, also i eat 3 cups of oat bran a day, is this a mistake? plus should i buy any more supplements? my supplements are phsylum husk for fiber, vitamin c 1000 mg with citrus bioflavonoids ( dont know what that is)and molybdenum. thpse are my supplements, is it importnant to buy more or i am good with these basics ??

also i got my probiotics 50 billion count which i am going to be taking soon and coconut oil which i cut it out bcuz i am waiting for symptoms to pass

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I know you addressed this to Able but until he chimes in I will comment on what I know. Tuna contains mercury so it should be avoided during the detox stage (early stage) of the diet and later eaten sparingly. Tomato bothers some members so it should be treated as a test food item. This means you try a bite of it and wait for reaction not changing your diet for about three days. Beans are a no-no until you start reintroducing foods back into your diet, which means you are symptom free for a while and can tolerate all the food again.

Now watch out for canned items. Most likely they contain lots of ingredients which are not recommended. Be careful of vinegar, citric acid, kitchen salt and similar ingredients which often canned product have.

Personally, if you are going to eat tuna, you are better of finding one that is just in some olive oil or water. I choose sardines in olive oil and sea salt during my treatment and this is not more than once every two weeks. We all do it slightly differently so it’s up to you and how much you are willing to risk the treatment.

Arijana

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Tuna and tomatoes’ is closed to new replies.