TT's Candida Struggle!

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals TT's Candida Struggle!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TT 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

TT
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 35

Was thinking of keeping an online thing of my struggle to sort this Candida out.

Just stocked up on Vitamin C (to help during the time of Candidia Die-Off).
    Got some Psyllium Husk powder and have started on that. No sign of the Bentonite Clay but I shall try some other health food stores.

Bought some Grapefruit Seed Extract as well. All for under €20 so I am happy, wasn’t sure what to expect. Must buy the chunks of ginger next!

Don’t think I will be able to stick to the full week of cleansing and fasting.
    So I am compromising and will drink the detoxing drink and the Liver Flush drink few times during the week while sticking to the diet.

I have noticed how I get no real joy out of eating junk food or even my dinners anymore as I’m soo fed up of feeling crap. Yeah it tastes good but I can feel my insides just begging me to cop on! 🙁

Time to go shopping tomorrow and finish off my shopping list, which is as follows:

-Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    -Ginger
    -Broccoli+Cauliflower
    -Cucumber
    -Onions+Peppers
    -Plain yoghurt (I’ve never tried but am willing to give it proper go!)
    -Garlic
    -Pork/Chicken
    -Eggs

I think I read somewhere that you are only suppose to have 3 eggs in the week…but surely that isn’t right? If anyone knows tell me!
    Like the idea of the omelette every morning but maybe that wouldn’t be good every morning as that would be alot of eggs in the week?

joshuaf
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hi TT, I’m sort of new to the diet. I tried to cheat after about 2 weeks when I noticed symptoms to almost go away……Then it came back even harder!

As for eggs, Eggs are great for you when maintaining a low carb diet. They have 7g of protein and I eat several per day in order to maintain a high energy level. Not only that but proteins help suppress hunger longer. The problem is that your body breaks down and uses that energy within 3 to 4 hours. They have a lot of fat but the good kind of fat that promotes healthy digestion. The bad part is they are high in cholesterol. If you have high cholesterol, I suggest eating just egg whites but you’ll have to double up on them if you’re trying to keep your protein intake high.

I’m no expert but I workout 5 to 6 times a week and need to have lots of energy. Now that I can’t eat a banana for a carb boost because of this diet, it’s even more important for me to keep a high protein intake. My point is that I’m “all ears” when it comes to protein and study protein dieting regularly.

Sooo to answer your question BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE:

A couple eggs every morning are great for you! And if you don’t have high cholesterol then don’t cut out the egg yolks. I’ve had no issues with it affecting my Candidiasis.

TT

joshuaf wrote:
    Now that I can’t eat a banana for a carb boost because of this diet, it’s even more important for me to keep a high protein intake. My point is that I’m “all ears” when it comes to protein and study protein dieting regularly.
    A couple eggs every morning are great for you! And if you don’t have high cholesterol then don’t cut out the egg yolks. I’ve had no issues with it affecting my Candidiasis.

You were saying you noticed the symptoms going away after 2 weeks. Did you happen to get any of the side effects of the Candida Die-Off?

Thanks for the info on the eggs. I knew there was something about them not being good in some way and it was the cholesterol. I’ve no idea if at my age I can get high cholesterol(I’m 24). I’m starting this diet and will start up my exercise routine (mostly walking and kickboxing) again.

I know you can’t eat bananas at the first stage and maybe even the second stage but I think you can try and re-introduce them eventually. Unless of course you notice they have an effect on you which then means you should cut them out.

Quite annoying that aot of fruit can’t be used esp grapes and strawberries…I mean come on! They are the best! 🙂
    As for the eggs I shall definitely be trying the omelette tomorrow morning. Think maybe on alternating days I can leave out the yolk just to be on safe side. Handy thing is to boil them so the yolk just falls away when you open it.

Thanks for replying! To continue on with what I said yesterday….I went shopping!

I skipped breakfast this morning(I know, I know bad idea! Will do better tomorrow)

Dinner:
    Venison
    Broccoli
    Green Beans
    Onion
    Spinach (all veg steamed)

Dessert:
    1/4 of a cucumber!

Seeing as the water below the steamed veg had alot of the nutrients drained into it from the veg I decided to make a soup for later.
    In it I’ve added obviously only thing I am allowed on this diet.

Soup:
    1 red pepper
    1 red onion
    2 leeks
    2 celery
    2 cubes of frozen spinach
    2 handfuls of chopped up turnip (ready made in bag handy!)
    2 cloves of garlic
    2 handfuls of shredded cabbage(ready made in bag yet again handy!)
    Little bit of salt.

Haven’t a clue what this will taste like as I’ve never made a soup myself.

Also bought some Dr.Oetner-Onken Natural yoghurt as it has all 3 of those good bacteria that is advised by this website to take 1)Lactobacillus acidophius 2)Bifidobacterium longum 3)Streptococcus thermophilus.
    No added ingredients. Does contain cows milk.

The taste is actually ok. Just bit weird for me as I’m soo use to strawberry yoghurt ha! Comes in a big tub though. Says it has to be consumed within 3 days.

So think I will just have one tub of this every week as that should do.

Correction! Soup is ready….can smell bit too much of the celery though..It’s all about learning ha
    Have just blended some of it, to make it feel more like a soup and not just chunky veg in water!
    Tastes nice but suppose you could add in some spices or herbs if you wanted or some salt. Shall go see what herbs I have lying about the house.

Dessert after soup will be more of the plain yoghurt. In fact any snacks shall be either this yoghurt or slices of cucumber. Or steamed up a few veggies and nibble on them!

Good luck everybody 🙂

joshuaf
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

TT wrote:

You were saying you noticed the symptoms going away after 2 weeks. Did you happen to get any of the side effects of the Candida Die-Off?

I didn’t seem to get any side effects of Candida Die-off. Unless the fierce symptoms that I had a week after stopping the diet were the symptoms because it did come back pretty fierce. All I know is that I’m not messing around this time. I’m sooooo tired of not being able to eat what I want. I don’t eat junk food but I do miss my fresh fruits, cereals and pastas. 🙁

Good luck on your diet! I’ll be watching your progress!!

TT

joshuaf wrote: I didn’t seem to get any side effects of Candida Die-off. Unless the fierce symptoms that I had a week after stopping the diet were the symptoms because it did come back pretty fierce. All I know is that I’m not messing around this time. I’m sooooo tired of not being able to eat what I want. I don’t eat junk food but I do miss my fresh fruits, cereals and pastas. 🙁

Good luck on your diet! I’ll be watching your progress!!

Maybe those symptoms came about because you ate certain types of food again?
    Do you mind me asking what symptoms they were? If not that’s ok…I’ll soon find out ha!

Progress update:
    I’m after eating more venison there. Craving is still in me though, not for meat or more dinner, but like sugar in the form of anything like fruit/bread/rice cake.

Gonna have to put my hand up and admit I did slip up there now and had 2 mouthfuls of milk >.< which I know I shouldn't have but I couldn't resist. Esp since my Mother had left the room. Arrggghhh being tempted by flippin milk ha this is bad/annoying. Have to be careful and not overload on the meat though as that aint healthy either.
    Living at home while doing this will not be easy. If I was back in my flat I would only have the food necessary for this and nothing else.

Just gotta have more willpower. No tempting chugs of milk!

Overall not a bad first day. Going to try this Psyllium Husk thing again this evening. Not sure how much to take but I’ll start off small.

Signing out,
    TT

🙂

TT

Up until this evening I had been following the diet pretty damn well.

Got bad news/annoying news in 3 different areas of my life quite literally one after the other! So I broke out and helped myself to mashed potatos smothered in butter. Think butter is ok in this diet but not the spuds.

Then to top things off I have just polished off a feed of plain digestive biscuits with some butter on them. Arrrggghh. Probably set me back by the 3 good days I’ve done.

BUT

I’m going to look to the positive.
    Successfully made the omelette in the candida diet recipe section 🙂 Though I didn’t have fresh spinach so used scallions. Well when I say successful it turned out more like scrabbled egg with onion and peppers mixed in….still was very tasty!

Plus another positive thing is my water intake has gone through the roof so this is good.

Shall put this down to experience and remember that if I get bad news again to not go worrying about it or let it overcome my emotions and body! *shakes fist*

Start afresh tomorrow.

Ninni
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 13

Any update TT? Did you manage to stick to the diet?

TT

Utter failure I’m afraid 🙁

I started my exams and was stressed out and couldn’t handle the diet at that moment in time. Once I had that can of red bull and I went tumbling back into the old habits. The alcohol from my college ending party/leavingdo/friends birthday really did some damage. Then a friend died and various little things got in the way. So comfort food was needed and ate in large quantites!

Going to be away from home now for next few looking after a friends house who thankfully has a dairy intolorence/intolerence(spelling!) so only very healthy things in her cupboards 😀

Going to give this another go for my final week here then once I sette in New York next week I can start it properly again. But at least help it along now and get back n track.
    The airplane food will probably throw a spanner in the works but messing up on one thing is ok as long as you don’t let it tumble out of control like I did.

Felt really good while on the diet(actually healthy and not in discomfort after eating), hungry quite a bit though so I must up my meals with more veg and make sure I get enough.

Right now and since I fell off the wagon so to speak I’ve felt like utter crap again. Snapping at the people I care about. Moody as hell. In discomfort/pain. Tired all the symptoms full blown. Soooo not worth it 🙁

BUT hey sh*t happens!

Doesn’t mean I’m going to stop trying. Life threw me a few curve balls or whatever you want to call it and I crumbled under the pressure. That’s ok and I’m not going to kick my own arse over it anymore 🙂

One thing I will be doing though is going to doctors and seeing about getting medication for my acne. At the moment it is pretty bad. No doubt to me abusing all the bad foods and Candida can cause acne. But want to have it on standby as don’t want to loose my job because the customers don’t like the look of me! ha God that would be terrible O.o

Right. There is some veggies in cupboard and there is a cucumber left in fridge.
    No yoghurt left unfortunately. Shall have to wait until another day.

RIGHT! Get myself some supplies tomorrow even if I have to buy from local supermarket and will be alot dearer than in the big town.

Get my arse back on track.

Shall update and keep updating as once I stopped posting in here it probably did damage and made me think ahhhh sure why not have a wee slice of bread >.<
    Posting is important and will keep me on track.

TT

Holy crap!!

My last post was back in May. >.< Oh dear. Right well I’ve done flippin feic all about the whole issue and have begun having serious problems with my sinus which is a result of the wheat and yeast intake. Started last night with eating just beans and load of water ha!
    Today went shopping and made myself a nice lunch of:

-Kidney Beans
    -Chickpeas
    -Scallions
    -Lettuce
    -Cucumber
    -Avocado

Throw on a sprinkle of garlic salt to help with the flavour.
    All washed down with water. Was actually nice!

Going to go up and have dinner. Probably throw those ingredients in along with whatver veg my beloved Mother has cooked me. I’m actually wanting to try a vegetarian diet but don’t think I’ll rush all this at once. Try and deal with the very limited Candida diet before I go Veggie on it!

Had been for big walk after lunch and went for power nap(I aint old I swear :P) now I am awake again and the cravings are kicking in for anything that aint veg or healthy. So I must get my arse in gear and get my dinner into me pretty sharpish to avoid these cravings and hunger pangs for the bad foods.

Will update tomorrow.
    Gonna stick at it this time. Well try and make it to the week mark. Take each week as it comes!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘TT's Candida Struggle!’ is closed to new replies.