Trying to make keifer???? help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Trying to make keifer???? help

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Smitty99 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

myword12345
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 55

I got the keifer starter kit. Going to start with just water keifer. It says add 1/4 cup of sugar????? Is this ok should I use regular sugar??? Thanks so much Angie

myword12345

anyone?

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

you can use regular white sugar but it’s best to use organic sugar. Your water kefir grains will be a lot happier with the organic stuff. It’s also not a bad idea to add 1/8 teaspoon of molasses for added minerals.

I’ve used reg white sugar if I haven’t had a chance to pick up any organic sugar.

Btw don’t worry about the sugar content, most of it will be gone after the kefir eats the sugar.

myword12345

molasses hmmm okay thank you so much I was thinking im going to go in sugar shock are something lol so i wanted to make sure

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

To put your mind at ease. mix your sugar and water solution up that you are going to put your grains in.

Before you put your grains in, have a small teaspoon of the sugar water mix just so you can get an idea of how it tastes.

Try it again after 24 hours and then again after 48.

You should notice a pretty large difference in sweetness. If you don’t, you have bad grains but that almost never happens. Takes a lot to kill them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Trying to make keifer???? help’ is closed to new replies.