Trying to gain weight while killing the candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Trying to gain weight while killing the candida

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

quick
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 49

Early last December I had a food intolerance test done which eliminated a multitude of foods, I lost about 10 pounds, and dropped from around 128 to 118. I quickly realized that this wasn’t the answer and researched further and found the candida diet.

I have stuck with it since the beginning of January, unfortunately, my weight has continued to go down, now around 105. Being that I’m around 5’7” and male, I look quite thin.

Anyone have suggestions as to what I can do to add some healthy weight back on?

My Diet consists of:
    Organic Eggs
    Buckwheat
    Brussel Sprouts
    Green Beans
    Onions
    Asparagus
    other acceptable vegetables.

I want to try the coconut bread, but am leary of the corn starch in the baking powder.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The corn starch in baking powder is a very small amount and shouldn’t set you back if at all; it is spread throughout the bread loaf so its in a low quantity.

An alternative to baking powder is to use baking soda; the bread comes out a little bit more fluffy and I actually like it better. Keep in mind that its 1tsp per loaf or so.

-raster

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Hey quick,

Honestly I Been trying to figure this out for a while since I lift weights and I lost 30lbs fighting candida but it’s better u reach a decent weight depending on height and gender. Worry about gaining weight later on. I think if you focus on gaining weight you might end up in a cycle where your candida might not improve. Just my opinion. Fighting candida is hard enough don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Stick to the veggies and healthy fats like avocados, eggs and coconut oil and after a couple months try to gain weight with the appropriate foods. Hope this helps and stay positive.

quick

Thanks Raster-

Just trying to figure out how to add some weight back on.

quick

Thanks Positivo-

I can say I definitely feel much better since I’ve went on this diet, and those around me can tell a huge difference too. Now that it’s entering the summer months and I’m getting out my shorts I quickly realized none of them fit anymore. I’m holding out hope I can get back to my normal size, which is still pretty small.

Thanks for the encouraging words, I definitely feel like after 4 years I am on the right track!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s some posts about the same subject:

“I would try to eat 3-4 course meals and add more snacks if possible. Research other sides you can eat such as oat bran, coconut/teff/buckwheat bread, kefir, greek yogurt, millet, quinoa, buckwheat, salads, pumpkin pie muffin bread, etc. Teff has great weight gain properties and is somewhat similar to wheat but doesn’t contain gluten/starch. Eat 2 salads per day if possible or add more veggies as side dishes. Coconut milk has like 55% saturated fat and can help with weight gain. Another great one is sausage…if you can eat lamb/buffalo/chicken/turkey sausage it should help with weight.

Raster’s ultimate breakfast:
    -oat bran
    -greek yogurt/kefir/stevia + 15 blueberries(8g of sugar)
    -pumpkin pie muffin bread (1 slice)
    -scrambled eggs

You can eat as much coconut bread as you want(no need to set a limit) but it is high in cholesterol. I would limit what you eat for the pumpkin pie muffin bread because pumpkin naturally contains a low amount of sugar.”

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2960_Weightloss.aspx

Other posts:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2423_Weight-Loss-prevention.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2853_How-to-gain-weight-while-on-diet.aspx

(and more….)

-raster

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

I also wanted to say that I workout lifting light weights but doing the proper exercises can give you a slightly bigger toned appearance. It might not make the number on the scale go up but you might look better if your worried about how people see u. Having some muscle definition can go a long way. I’ve seen my body change little by little. My weight hasn’t changed but my family says I look fuller and healthier so. Also eggs, fish, avocados, oat bran, and buckwheat are actually excellent foods for building muscle so you won’t get big but like I said you but toned and a lil fuller. Just my experience. Exercising is also good for sweating out toxins and it helps your immune system. Remember don’t try to be the next Arnold and lift like a body building, just light simple yet challenging.

Stay positive

Jiffer
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

If you want some serious inspiration, read Jordan Rubin’s story. He wrote a few books, including The Maker’s Diet (which can be used to treat candida). He had severe candida, Crohn’s disease and about 16 other massively debilitating ailments. At 6’1, he went from 180 pounds to 104 and has pictures to prove it. He was in a wheel chair and literally at death’s door having tried a zillion treatments, diets, supplements, medications, both conventional and holistic approaches, when he finally discovered the way we should all be eating. That, combined with HSO probiotics helped him regain his health and weight. The weight started coming back on almost right away. I found that interesting since for many a diet for candida helps us happily LOSE unwanted weight. Yet he gained.

I do think getting plenty of good fats and proteins in your diet is probably key.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Jiffer wrote: If you want some serious inspiration, read Jordan Rubin’s story. He wrote a few books, including The Maker’s Diet (which can be used to treat candida). He had severe candida, Crohn’s disease and about 16 other massively debilitating ailments. At 6’1, he went from 180 pounds to 104 and has pictures to prove it. He was in a wheel chair and literally at death’s door having tried a zillion treatments, diets, supplements, medications, both conventional and holistic approaches, when he finally discovered the way we should all be eating. That, combined with HSO probiotics helped him regain his health and weight. The weight started coming back on almost right away. I found that interesting since for many a diet for candida helps us happily LOSE unwanted weight. Yet he gained.

I do think getting plenty of good fats and proteins in your diet is probably key.

Are you taking this?

Arijana

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trying to gain weight while killing the candida’ is closed to new replies.