Trying to fight craving!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Trying to fight craving!!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kjones02 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

The past couple days I have been craving a slice of fruit as I have not had any in a month, strictly vegetables, my special homemade yeast-free crackers, and coconut bread. Don’t get me wrong, I actually like the coconut bread, and it helps when if I start to get real hungry. However, I would never dare eat fruit in a meal, but if I decided to try eat a small piece of fruit to experiment as a snack, what are the best low sugar ones, or should I continue to try and fight the urge?? I know different sites say granny smith apples, but I am afraid to try apples because I know I have had a problem with apples all my life, or I dare only eat a couple slices. I know in the past if I did eat fruit, the best that seemed to go down in me is berries (blueberries) looking back in past food journals. Advice?

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Fight the urge! I’ve been there and anytime I’ve cheated in the past the pleasure from eating a cheat meal never outweighed the guilt I would feel the next day. Since I got this in my head almost 4 months ago I have not cheated once.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Keep fighting it! Try drinking lemon water when you want fruit. I find it helps me.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

IMHO, the best way to fight the craving is getting enough bacteria for your gut. It seems for me, that if the c. albicans is in its aggressive state, I tend to feel craving, endless hunger etc.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I’m less ravenous when I eat sauerkraut, so Klips has a good point.

kjones02
    Participant

yeah, klips does have a good point! I have fought the urge, it has passed; I don’t want to feel bad! I’m still early in recovery, and I know I have cheated a couple times. I am really starting to pin-point this in my head that I cannot cheat; I want to get better, so I can have a few things later in my life, and not have it bother me, but I am glad for eating better. I know this will be a lifestyle change, and I will probably always have issues, but the point is to get it under control!!!!!!! It is just so hard sometimes!

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

fighting cravings has been the hardest part of treatment for me as i have givin in so many times u are right the guilt is so not worth it !i need to get in my head that how i feel afterward is so not worth it !

i dont think a green apple will affect u much if u have it every few days or so but if u have had a problem with them then u probably should stay away

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I ve been doin treatment for almost 4 months, I just adde green apples, one a day to keep my gut moving. No bad reaction at all. I do want a big ass chocolate pie or icecream but the cravings are better. The cravings for pasta went down, fast food cravings I don’t even think about, but pizza is still something I want. Your not alone but it gets easier. Once we beat this thing we will eat pizzas lol

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Dude, I had this dream last night that I ate half of a pizza…like I folded all the pieces on top of each other and ate it all at once! Then I got *so* sick and felt greasy and terrible and thought I was going to puke…I woke up and was nauseous, LOL. It totally got rid of my pizza cravings, though!

kjones02
    Participant

Yes, it has been hard the past few days with cravings. I am not necessary craving icky, greasy things. I have just been having crunch withdrawls; I am going to make some veggie chips today or tomorrow when I get some time. I got the craving to stop, but then it came back yesterday; I just want fruit. Just berries, my favorites have always been blueberries and raspberries.

Alexalgebra, I don’t mind giving up some of the greasy things because like you said, I have gotten used to eating vegetables, and if I try a new food (not greasy) on the approved diet list, or other things similar; I know I can get the slighest reaction, even to supplements. I agree, it is just not worth it, and I am glad that I am starting to accept this new way of eating. I just want to get there where I can have a treat every once in awhile and not suffer or feel too bad. Yesterday, I was having some pretty extreme die-off though. It is weird how one day I can feel okay and another day get bad die-off.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trying to fight craving!!’ is closed to new replies.