Trying to cleanse again

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Trying to cleanse again

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bpaul90 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bpaul90
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

So I believe I have a candida infection and some of my symptoms have included: acne, stomach pains/indigestion, brain fog/lack of concentration, white coating on tongue in the morning, trouble sleeping, allergies, itchy skin (don’t know if that’s allergy related or a completely different symptom) that started when I was around 18 and I had no allergies before this (I am 21 now). I had an allergy skin-prick test a couple years ago and nothing came up so the doctor recommended I start a yeast free diet which I tried, but gave up on. Since then I have tried a few times to cut out gluten and even do the full candida diet, but I always would get discouraged and cheat a bit or give up. While my symptoms do not seem very severe I do not want them to get worse and while on the candida diet I feel so much better and seem to have a lot more energy so I have decided to try this again and be very strict. I have had my hormones tested and nothing was too out of place so I can only assume the candida infection is behind my symptoms such as acne and trouble sleeping.

Today I am starting the cleanse and I have looked through some posts in this forum so I have a decent idea of what to do, but I would appreciate some feedback from anyone. This is my plan for 2 weeks:

-When I wake up I oil pull with coconut oil/sunflower oil and rinse with salt water after 15 mins or so.
    -Glass of warm water with 2 teaspoons of ACV
    -Breakfast of eggs and veggies such as spinach/broccoli/green peppers/avocado and then taking milk thistle and vitamin C and digestive enzymes after.
    -Lunch of mixed greens salad with ACV, olive oil, and lemon dressing with garlic and Italian seasoning.
    -Supper of eggs and veggies with milk thistle, digestive enzymes and vitamin D.
    -Glass of water with 2 teaspoons of ACV two hours after supper
    -Glass of water with 1 tablespoon bentonite clay at least an hour before bedtime.

I also plan on making a green juice with things such as kale, spinach, collard greens, celery, with lemon juice and a chunk of ginger to drink three times per day.

Just a few questions I have:

-Is there a limit to how many eggs I should eat per day? I’m 6’4 so I need quite a bit of food to keep me going, but I’m fine with filling up on mostly veggies.

-Is my green juice idea with lemon and ginger a good cleansing drink? I have read to drink just the juice of a lemon with water, but will my drink have any negative side effects or is it all good? I’m wondering because I read somewhere that kale juice is alkalizing(?) and from what I understand that’s the opposite of what I want.

-The Italian seasoning is prepackaged and the ingredients are: Marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, and sweet basil. Anything in there I shouldn’t be having?

-The vitamin C and D pills say they have no yeast, starch, gluten, or anything like that so I should be able to take these?

I think that’s everything, sorry for the length of this post, but I am trying to be as clear and well prepared as possible since I have spent too much money trying to get healthier and I want to really do it this time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

-When I wake up I oil pull with coconut oil/sunflower oil and rinse with salt water after 15 mins or so.
    -Glass of warm water with 2 teaspoons of ACV
    -Breakfast of eggs and veggies such as spinach/broccoli/green peppers/avocado and then taking milk thistle and
    vitamin C and digestive enzymes after.

Reply: Which digestive enzymes are you taking?

-Lunch of mixed greens salad with ACV, olive oil, and lemon dressing with garlic and Italian seasoning.
    -Supper of eggs and veggies with milk thistle, digestive enzymes and vitamin D.
    -Glass of water with 2 teaspoons of ACV two hours after supper
    -Glass of water with 1 tablespoon bentonite clay at least an hour before bedtime.

I also plan on making a green juice with things such as kale, spinach, collard greens, celery, with lemon juice and a chunk of ginger to drink three times per day.

Reply: Juicing green vegetables as many times as possible is an excellent addition to the treatment.

Able

bpaul90

The digestive enzymes are a blend of nine vegetable-source enzymes, 100% pure plant, and contain no yeast, wheat, soy, dairy, sugar, starch, corn, artificial colours, preservatives or animal products. Supreme Digestive Enzymes by a Canadian brand called Trophic to be more specific.

Thanks for the quick response!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Be sure that the ACV is raw organic ACV and not distilled regular ACV…there is a big difference!

-raster

bpaul90

The ACV is raw Bragg’s.

During the cleanse and the strict diet I realize for maximum benefit I should not stray from the diet, but if I do what are the consequences? I don’t mean a huge binge, but if I have a few things would it completely ruin the cleanse/diet routine and send me back to square one? I know I have enough will power to do this, but I would like to take my girlfriend out to a dinner sometime in the next two months. Is it more about discretion and going right back to the strict diet?

Able900
    Spectator

bpaul90 wrote: The digestive enzymes are a blend of nine vegetable-source enzymes, 100% pure plant, and contain no yeast, wheat, soy, dairy, sugar, starch, corn, artificial colours, preservatives or animal products. Supreme Digestive Enzymes by a Canadian brand called Trophic to be more specific.

You’d be much better off taking alcohol-free Swedish Bitters instead of the enzymes you have. This way, your body would be allowed to make its own enzymes in the type and amounts needed at the time. Plus, by using the enzymes in the form you have long enough, your body will eventually stop producing its own enzymes. You would then have to continue the artificial enzymes in order to digest foods. The bitters, when dropped on the back of the tongue, stimulate the nerves which in turn start the production of enzymes in your body.

In addition, by taking the bitters three times a day after each meal, it’s capable of flushing and detoxing the liver, keeping it free of the Candida toxins.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

bpaul90 wrote: During the cleanse and the strict diet I realize for maximum benefit I should not stray from the diet, but if I do what are the consequences?

That depends on the food, the degree of your infestation, as well as the amount of negative food you eat. Of course, if you give the Candida foods they can eat, that will help them to survive and therefore multiply, to what degree is the question.

Is it more about discretion and going right back to the strict diet?

Exactly.

Able

Summer
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 43

bpaul90,

I have almost exactly the same symptoms as you.
    Keep me posted on your progress would love to hear how it is working for you.
    Try extra-virgin coconut oil on your face as a moisturizer it’s been showing some help with my acne and acne spots.
    ACV makes a great toner too.

Good luck

bpaul90

Hey Summer, I will keep you posted, but right now I’m just on the cleanse. I have done small cleanses and the diet before and I always feel much better and my acne seems to clear up a bit, but then it comes back quite badly. I’m not sure if it’s because of die off symptoms or from mistakes in my diet, but it’s very frustrating.

I have actually been using EV coconut oil for awhile, but I’ve very recently switched to unrefined sunflower oil as it has a comedogenic rating of 0 which I’m assuming can only mean good things. It’s also got vitamin E and is supposedly a very popular ingredient in commercial moisturizers so I’m hoping for the best.

On a side note: will starting a strong probiotic right away have any negative effects? I’m thinking of starting one as soon as I can, but if it won’t do anything until die off starts then I will wait.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trying to cleanse again’ is closed to new replies.