Tried everything- Candida won't go away!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Tried everything- Candida won't go away!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  WhiteTrash 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Candidahelp
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

I have tried absolutely everything I or my doctor have been able to think of. Ive seen every doctor in my city, and almost every naturopath. I am working with one now, and she has had me on the candida diet, rotating antifungals most recently. before that, we did an anti-parasite protocol, biofilm busters and diflucan as well as two months of nystatin. I got the tiniest bit better, but have mostly felt like absolute garbage- read: my normal. The antifungal herbs just made me feel really terrible, weak, and nauseous for the four weeks that I took them, and I experienced no improvement at all. I have taken Caprylic acid, Pau’darco, garlic, grapefruit seed extract, oil of oregano, everything. The main problem that I have is very, very severe bloating. I start the day with a relatively flat stomach, and by the end of the day I look like I’m six or seven months pregnant. The bloating occurs mildly if I eat only vegetables, but as soon as I consume something with even a little sugar in it, or anything that falls into the class of grain, I bloat up so fast its astounding. I have been this way every day for ten years, since I was barely a teenager. I have found absolutely no relief. I can’t think of anything else to try, and I’ve had every test done. no hypothyroidism, my bloodwork is essentially impeccable. The only odd thing is an elevation in my calcium levels.I have also tried S. Boulardii along with my 90 billion strain probiotic to no avail. I’m totally at a loss, and if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.

Said
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 17

Ok if what you’re treating is Candida or that’s what you’re been diagnosed with, I think you’re experiencing bad Candida die off. So what you should take is a supplement that’s supports and lessens the die off, like milk thistle for the liver, vitamin c 1000gm and molybdenum, and drink a lots filtered water during day.In my case I get a lot those die off symptoms you mentioned but support supplement helps me a lot and makes easy to go thru this. Also you should take good enzymes with meals so you wont get boating,gases and etc.

Good luck

Rasmussen
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I may not be candida but SIBO. Check out Dr. Amy Myers website. She treats a multitude of GI issues.
    Best Wishes

Rasmussen
    Participant
    Replies: 2

oops, YOU may not have candida. It sounds like you may have SIBO. Check out Dr. Amy Myers website. She has great resources, and a FB group.
    Good Luck

kirstenhanna
    Participant
    Replies: 1

You mentioned that you have done all of your blood work, but have you had any food intolerance tests done?

Candidahelp
    Participant

I have been tested for sibo but I only got a score of 6, and you have to clear 22 for it to even be considered positive. I don’t know if I’m experiencing die off or something else, because I feel terrible when I take the anti fungals but then I don’t get better at all. Even a little. I take them with probiotics until they’re gone and then I stop and nothing changes and I don’t get better. The anti fungals just make me really tired and weak but appear to do nothing else. I am taking them again and I am doing the candida diet, and consuming no sugar at all. Nothing is working, and I’m at a loss. kirstenhanna- I have not had food intolerance testing, but I bloat immediately upon eating anything that either contains sugar or grains. Which is why we were so sure it was candida, but now I’m not so sure. If it were sibo, I don’t know how to treat it other than rifaximin and my insurance doesn’t cover it, and the doctor won’t give it to me anyway because its for people who have diharrea, which I do not have. I am chronically constipated instead.
    I have taken black cumin and Shilajit as well, and nothing at all has happened. I still bloat to looking like I’m about six months pregnant every day. Its a smaller bloat when I’m on the strict candida diet, but it still happens really significantly.

soleilmom
    Participant

Hi there. I am new to this forum. For the last 15 years, I would wake up with a flat stomach. As soon as I ate, I would feel bloated. Before 3 pregnancies, my belly did not expand much but I felt it. I saw a doctor in 2005 and he said I had an intolerance, not an allergy, to soy and brewer’s yeast. As in, he told a 25 year old she had to stop eating fried bar food and beer. I was bummed. A blood test showed the slightest reaction to gliadin. We blew it off because it was so small.I dropped sugar, soy and yeast for 2 months after a stool test pointed toward Candida. Felt better, or at least I didnt feel like a balloon! Working out helped alot.

Fast forward to 2018. Diagnosed with a multitude of things, but I am just sharing my Candida experience. I do blame Candida on my thyroid and adrenal issues, though. So now, after 3 babies, when I bloat, let me tell you, I go from a size 2 to a size 8 in under 2 hours. My stomach muscles are stretched so the belly really inflates. I drop gluten for several months and bloating mostly goes away, but zillion other issues remain. Doctor diagnosed me with Candida again. And…remember that little reaction we blew off to gliadin, the gluten protein? Well now I’m well over range and it is a newer test that is much more accurate than the ELISA test from years ago. Doctor is so convinced I have developed Celiac that she told me not to bother with the endoscopy. Sad and pissed, I went home and devoured a giant dessert filled with gluten. My 4 year old asked me how I got another baby in my belly. 🙁

What I am saying is, in my very limited knowledge of your situation, I am leaning toward food intolerances and specifically gluten if its grains. You said sugar, too, but if you already have inflammation the sugar can just add fuel to that fire.

Good luck, I hope you can find a solution!

Tonim1
    Participant

May I suggest checking out the book, “The Plant Paradox,” my Dr. Gundry. You may be reacting to lectins. I believe there is a connection between fungus and lectins, and if you address the lectin problem you may find relief.

Candidahelp
    Participant

I also wanted to ask about rifaximin- is it helpful to take? I don’t technically know whats wring with me, just that I bloat up immediately upon consuming anything containing grains or sugar, and bloat a little (still a lot, but relatively speaking) when I eat anything else. Things like nectarines and gluten free pastries and rice are all horrible- I’m just not functional for a long time after I eat them and am so bloated I can’t sit up straight or stand for very long. Thats all I really know. I tested basically negative for SIBO so I don’t know if I should try rifaximin at all. I also don’t know if I should be taking l glutamine. I was worried it might be leaky gut, so I ordered some L glutamine and have been taking five grams a day at night for three days. Today I took ten grams in the morning and was extremely lightheaded, tired, and bloated thirty minutes later. I’m so confused, because glutamine is supposed to heal the gut, not make the bloating worse. I read that if you have sibs sometimes there can be glutamine eating bacteria present and taking glutamine can make it worse, but I really have no idea so I’m just shooting in the dark here.

Last Legs
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 22

I don’t know how much animal protein you’re eating, but too much of it can keep you from recovering because it produces ammonia when digested.

“Eat (anti-biotic and hormone-free) animal protein 2-4 ounces daily or no less than three times a week.”

WhiteTrash
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 35

What helped me a lot was to introduce Psyllium & Bentonite shakes once a day.

It’s clearing up all the dead gunk from the colon.

This and enemas made me feel a LOT better.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.