Treat allergies or candida first?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Treat allergies or candida first?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Floggi 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

FishaOfMen
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 29

I’m pretty new here, so I’ll first tell you some of my story and then I’ll ask a few questions. I have suffered from candida for years. It’s been at least seven years if not decades. I’ve always had immune problems. In high school and college I was on countless rounds of antibiotics for bronchitis and colds. I was also on nasal and respiratory steroid inhalers. I’ve had intense allergies to the point where multiple allergists have told me that I will be under the care of an allergy clinic for the rest of my life. I lived in Tahoe from 2004 to 2011 and experienced the greatest relief from my allergies there. In 2011, I moved to the Sacramento area. Shortly thereafter my health declined rapidly. I started getting colds all the time and could only abate them with increased doses of allergy medicine and decongestants. I now have constant tendinitis in my arms and parts of my legs (never was a problem until last year). My knees flare up anytime I do anything active.

After my health declined, I did 70 to 80 hours of research on allergists and found one in San Ramon (two hours away) who I thought could treat me. It was in late 2012 that she did intradermal skin testing on me and amongst a number of things I showed to be very highly allergic to candida – something I knew very little about at the time. My allergist put me on sublingual allergy drops and recommended an elimination diet. On the elimination diet, I challenged sugar and corn (something I also tested allergic to) and had intense reactions, feeling like I had the flu for the next 2 to 3 days. Wheat also had negative results but not as bad. I was fine with milk but haven’t drank much since. I’ve actually eaten cheese this whole time but recently eliminated it (and will challenge soon) based on advice in this forum.

Since the initial elimination diet, I have stuck to the diet my allergist recommended and have eliminated a few things along the way. It’s by no means as strict as the diet recommended here on the forums. I’m eating brown rice, quinoa, small amounts of potatoes, beans, inorganic meats and eggs, tomatoes, and more. Since the initial elimination diet, I have also begun taking probiotics, caprylic acid, and oregano oil. I have also taken oral nystatin for the last six months. One thing that is interesting about me is that I’ve never experienced negative die-off symptoms. Perhaps my candida allergy is so bad that whatever herx reaction I experience is completely overshadowed by the allergy relief (i.e. increased energy and decreased inflammation) I get from decreased candida levels in my body.

I’ve seen some improvements to my health over the last year, but I usually experience a couple days a week where I feel awful and feel completely unmotivated to work. I still regularly experience the following symptoms: brain fog, lack of energy, tendinitis, respiratory mucus, joint pain, flaky scalp, acne, rectal itching, hemorrhoids, cloudy urine, and dark circles under my eyes. I also sleep really poorly at night. I wake up hungry every couple hours and can’t get back to sleep until I’ve eaten.

My plan for the future is to incrementally introduce:

• the strict candida diet
    • new probiotics including HMF Neuro & MegaFlora
    • additional caprylic acid and oregano oil
    • coconut oil
    • sauna treatments three times a week
    • juniper berry extract
    • perhaps Diflucan??? (I’ve read mixed reviews on this. It seems some people recommend staying away from Diflucan and nystatin.)

I have a friend who has recovered from a candida overgrowth and Lyme disease. He says that sometimes candida protocols can be ineffective if the root issue has not been remedied (e.g. mercury poisoning, allergies, etc.) My main question is: Should I wait on ramping up my candida treatment until I move back to Tahoe where my allergies are better? I would hate to ramp up my treatment here in Sacramento, have it not be effective due to my awful allergies, and create stronger strains of candida that will be harder to fight in the future. Or would it be beneficial for me to ramp up my treatment now? I will likely move back to Tahoe this summer or the next.

My other question is: I’ve read about doing a cleanse before starting the candida diet. This is something I never did. If I was to do a cleanse, would I continue taking probiotics and antifungals during this time? I’ve read that they should be introduced afterward, but I couldn’t imagine going off them right now.

Any help you all can provide will be greatly appreciated. I’ve read through these forums for about 10 hours in the last couple weeks and the information here is unbelievable. Thanks to everyone for providing such incredible information and support!

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Do you have any amalgam fillings?

FishaOfMen
    Participant

Nope. I’ve never had a cavity, so no fillings.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Heres what I wish someone told me before I began, its not popular so im just throwing it out there:

Dont take ANY antifungals.
    Eat foods that feel good to eat,including some fruits and veggies, quinoa is okay in small amounts but no starches and no sugar for a little while. No meat and No dairy for a few months.

Your dark circles are kidney weakness. Your kidneys are being taxed, and it always creates darkness around and under the eyes. By limiting your protein, your giving your kidneys a much needed vacation.

Do lots of herbal teas to open up the channels of elimination. You want kidney-support,adrenal support, and lymph moving herbs. Everyone is big on liver support, but in my experience most of the herbal teas for detox and support naturally cover the liver,so no worries.

After a few weeks of getting your kidneys filtering and lymph moving, introduce a few natural antifungals,like coconut oil, garlic, antifungal teas like chai,lemongrass,calendula,ect. these are gentle.

My biggest mistake I regret was taking harsh antifungals and hitting it hard with supplements,like most people do on here.

I had a few symptoms of overgrowth, and after introducing antifungals too soon before getting detox started, it made my candida much worse. I personally believe it caused the overgrowth to go fungal and give me sensitivities I never had to begin with.

My ND believes that most allergies begin with the damage that dairy does to the body. Once its been consumed for years, its gummed up all the channels for elimination which you see in the skin,hair,lymph nodes and sinuses.
    He also says that all disease can be cured.

I dont want to be too detailed here, because its not a path most people walk.

Just posting this to offer you contrasting advice,an alternative to a list of supplements and antifungals.

If only one way worked, there wouldnt be the need for the research these guys do endlessly to provide support for those with different needs.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

FishaOfMen;55667 wrote: Nope. I’ve never had a cavity, so no fillings.

Ah, okay. If you had said yes, I would have wholeheartedly recommended investigating the mercury angle. To be honest though, if I were you, I’d still look into it. Susceptible individuals often develop mercury and other heavy metal toxicities from unbeknownst sources to them, like high-mercury fish or vaccines. Your friend is indeed correct in stating that candida protocols are often unproductive unless you have already addressed heavy metals. Many people actually have their candida go away automatically after enough metals have been removed from the body. Something to think about.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Fish, yes. Some fish contains high levels of mercury.

Vaccinations, no. That’s a dangerous scam, which has already resulted in hundreds of childhood deaths.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend focusing on detoxing not cleansing. You have the sauna thing down but you need to support your liver with milk thistle and other liver cleansing herbs. I also highly recommend getting antibiotic and hormone free meat, otherwise it might be hard to get better.

I wouldn’t focus on the antifungals at first but after you start the diet for a period of time. I also recommend taking a more gentle antifungal such as SF722 (start at one capsule per day).

Instead of HMF neuro, I would start with HMF forte and then go to hmf neuro after a bottle or 2 of forte.

You also need to drink more water it sounds like, so focus on clean fluoride free water.

-raster

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

Floggi;55686 wrote:
    That’s a dangerous scam, which has already resulted in hundreds of childhood deaths.

Vaccines are a dangerous scam.

http://nsnbc.me/2013/05/08/bill-gates-polio-vaccine-program-caused-47500-cases-of-paralysis-death/

FishaOfMen
    Participant

There’s been some great advice given here, which comes as no surprise. I’ll take the advice of several of you (and have hit the thank button a few times :). As for my main question on whether to start treatment first or move to Tahoe first, I think I’ve come to a realization that it’s too difficult a question for anyone to answer. Everyone’s body is different, and trying to predict how my body will respond to reduced allergen exposure is anyone’s best guess. My wife and I seem to be moving the timetable of the move up regularly. We might be there come the start of the summer.

FishaOfMen
    Participant

One more quick question: How do I get in touch with forum members? Is that option not available to me because I am new to the forums? I would love to get a hold of some of the information that has been removed from the forums like the protocol, supplement list, etc.

Floggi

ThomasJoel2;55713 wrote: Vaccines are a dangerous scam.

http://nsnbc.me/2013/05/08/bill-gates-polio-vaccine-program-caused-47500-cases-of-paralysis-death/

That article has been busted soooooo many times…

Would you be so kind to offer this forum’s readers some additional information, or do I need to do it?

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

http://www.thinktwice.com/Polio.pdf

Abstract

Polio (poliomyelitis) is a potentially dangerous viral ailment. To combat this disease, researchers developed two polio vaccines (inactivated and live) grown in cultures made from monkey kidneys. Beginning in the 1950s, these vaccines were administered to millions of people in the United States and throughout the world. Officially, the polio vaccine is considered safe and effective, and has been credited with singularly reducing the incidence of this disease. These tenets are not supported by the data.

A cancer-causing monkey virus–SV-40–was discovered in polio vaccines administered to millions of people. SV-40 has been found in brain tumors, bone cancers, lung cancers and leukemia. SV-40 is transmitted through sexual intercourse, and from mother to child in the womb. Monkeys that were used to make polio vaccines were infected with simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV), a virus closely related to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), the infectious agent associated with AIDS. Some researchers question whether HIVs may simply be SIVs “residing in and adapting to a human host.” Polio vaccines also contain calf serum, glycerol and other parts of the cow that may have been infected with bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), or mad cow disease, a fatal brain-wasting ailment that some researchers link to Cruetzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD), its human equivalent.

Current disease reduction techniques that emphasize short-term gains over long-term health consequences need to be reevaluated and discontinued while new and safer health paradigms are researched and implemented.

http://vactruth.com/2013/11/26/vaccine-associated-polio/

The CDC Spills The Beans

In 2012, the CDC wrote a press release titled Update on Vaccine-Derived Polioviruses — Worldwide, April 2011–June 2012. They wrote:

“In 1988, the World Health Assembly resolved to eradicate poliomyelitis worldwide. One of the main tools used in polio eradication efforts has been the live, attenuated oral poliovirus vaccine (OPV). This inexpensive vaccine is administered easily by mouth, makes recent recipients resistant to infection by wild polioviruses (WPVs), and provides long-term protection against paralytic disease through durable humoral immunity. Nonetheless, rare cases of vaccine-associated paralytic poliomyelitis can occur both among immunologically normal OPV recipients and their contacts and among persons who are immunodeficient. In addition, vaccine-derived polioviruses (VDPVs) can emerge to cause polio outbreaks in areas with low OPV coverage and can replicate for years in persons who are immunodeficient.” (emphasis added)

They continued:

“VDPVs can cause paralytic polio in humans and have the potential for sustained circulation. VDPVs resemble WPVs biologically and differ from most vaccine-related poliovirus (VRPV) isolates by having genetic properties consistent with prolonged replication or transmission. VDPVs were first identified by sequence analyses of poliovirus isolates.” (emphasis added)

In other words, vaccines can cause the very diseases that they are supposed to be protecting against.

Floggi

Sorry, my previous posting may not have been clear enough. So I’ll ask again:

These lies has been busted soooooo many times… Would you be so kind to offer this forum’s readers some additional information, or do I need to do it?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Treat allergies or candida first?’ is closed to new replies.