transitioning to candida diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions transitioning to candida diet?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rar
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

Is it possible to successfully transition onto a candida diet? Or is sugar the kind of think you have to go cold turkey on?

I always jump off the diet becuase it feels too hard. But I’ve never heard of anybody transitioning onto the candida diet successfully to reduce the difficulty.

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

rar wrote: Is it possible to successfully transition onto a candida diet? Or is sugar the kind of think you have to go cold turkey on?

I always jump off the diet becuase it feels too hard. But I’ve never heard of anybody transitioning onto the candida diet successfully to reduce the difficulty.

It might be better for you to transition slowly like reduce your sugar 10-15% a day an over the course of a week build up to completely sugar free for the first stage. Some people can quit cold turkey and others can’t just depends on your personality and the degree of the infestation. So if you feel better transitioning then go that route just make sure you dont take to long to do it.

Are you planning to do the cleanse or just jump into the strict diet?

Chilli
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 28

I’m usually a jumper myself, although I did cut down a little on sugar beforehand and I stopped coffee about (after weaning down from 2-3 cups to 1 over a few weeks) 2 days before starting the cleanse, which I did for 2 weeks. But I wouldn’t really call that transitioning I guess.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I’m a cold turkey type. I do it same way I would remove a band-aid. If I have doubts about it, why do it? If I don’t, then no reason to ease into it.

I quit smoking cold turkey 10 years ago and never looked back. My friends are still easing into it. They cut it down to few a day, then quit for a week and then next week they are smoking again, and generally every Monday they are quitting.

You are not doing this for anyone than yourself, so if you want to do it, just do it for yourself and be selfish about it 🙂 If it feels easier to ease into it, do it, but make sure that this is not just an excuse not to do it.

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

What about lemon juice in water? Have you tried that? That is really good to help with sugar cravings. Balances out the cravings and helps you to salivate more. Most hunger comes from sugar cravings anyways.

Has anyone here heard of “hemp hearts”? I read that they are good for controlling cravings as well, but haven’t tried it myself yet.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Naturegirl27 wrote: What about lemon juice in water? Have you tried that?

Has anyone here heard of “hemp hearts”?

Lemon water is the main ingredient of the detox that most of the forum members use.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

There are several posts on the forum concerning hemp hearts, here’s just one comment.
    Seeds can contain mold, plus seeds produce mucus which is already a problem which accompanies a Candida infestation; so seeds of any type are better left alone for several months. However this, as with everything else on the forum is just another suggestion which means that it’s up to the individual as to whether or not he wants to test the food in question. You could try it for a few days if you need to, and watch to see if your mucus production increases or you experience any other allergic reaction, if so, I would leave it alone for the time being.”

You may want to take the time to read a few posts so that you’ll know what the forum is already aware of and discussed.

Index of Posts:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm9960_Index-of-Posts.aspx#post9960

Able

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘transitioning to candida diet?’ is closed to new replies.