Trace Minerals!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Trace Minerals!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I just watched a pretty amazing youtube video that explains how many many health problems are solely related to the lack of trace minerals (calcium, magnesium, zinc, iodine, selenium, etc.). A semi-famous basketball player named Theo Ratliff extended his career about 10 years by adding trace minerals to his regimen. He went from having chronic injuries (hip surgery, broken wrist, microfracture surgery) to being mostly injury free the last 10 years of his career. He once considered retirement at the early age of 28 but ended up playing longer.

What did he do that was different? He added trace minerals which replenished the body and made him stronger. If you are not taking trace minerals as apart of your protocol, you could be jeopardizing your progress because you haven’t addressed one of the causes of the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx0Qr9f8SgE

Other people with diabetes have been cured with trace minerals and my naturopath also feels that it is very important and is the cause of many health problems. Dr. Mcoombs has talked about it over and over in his radio appearances and youtube videos. It isn’t a myth, its an essential thing you need in life!

Additionally, you need other vitamins; one of the most important ones is vitamin C. The human body does not produce vitamin C and you have to obtain it solely from external sources. If you are not taking vitamin C you could be setting back your progress! I prefer taking vitamin C with bioflavanoids which have anti-allergen and other properties that benefit your treatment. Here’s a little video that talks about every single major vitamin you need your health and their benefit. Vitamins abcdek and trace minerals are covered:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xy4Fl1XF9I

“The widespread distribution of flavonoids, their variety and their relatively low toxicity compared to other active plant compounds (for instance alkaloids) mean that many animals, including humans, ingest significant quantities in their diet. Preliminary research indicates that flavonoids may modify allergens, viruses, and carcinogens, and so may be biological “response modifiers”. In vitro studies show that flavonoids also have anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-cancer, and anti-diarrheal activities.”

Getting all of the vitamins you need at 100% daily values is a great first step in your treatment on top of probiotics and antifungals.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

-raster

bpaul90
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

Interesting video. Could candida or leaky gut cause your body not to absorb vitamins and minerals efficiently? Would taking a multi-mineral supplement be worth it or should I just try to maintain a healthy diet and take specific minerals that are difficult to get in a candida diet?

I may try to get bloodwork done to pinpoint any deficiencies, but I’m curious as to if I’m eating the right things and just not absorbing everything.

raster
    Participant

Hello bpaul,

The way I look at it, leaky gut prevents you from absorbing all of the minerals and nutrients you need to get better, so you gotta supplement with vitamins and trace minerals. I haven’t looked any studies about it, but in my opinion, if your gut lacks the surface area and bacteria to properly convert/digest these foods to energy, you likely are not getting everything you need.

I haven’t looked into any multi-mineral supplements really, but solgar makes a calcium/magnesium/zinc combo vitamin that gets 3 of them all in one for you. You then could add in selenium and/or iodine on top of that. There are more minerals you need of course, but these are the major ones. If you take selenium, be sure to take it with vitamin E which will allow for greater absorption.

-raster

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

Kris8
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

I use the brand trace minerals “electrolyte stamina”. however I dont like the idea that this is a cure all. I think it is misleading. Yes you need them but more importantly you should be asking why you arent getting them from your diet. Of course athletes (such as I was) need more but it is not a cure all. Vitamins are supplements and meant to supplement your diet. If you arent absorbing them then thats what you need to focus on. The truth is that most diseases are actually caused by poor neurology not lack of trace minerals. This man was an athlete and most people on here probably were not. His body most likely was not overweight or sluggish. Its a good point you make but again misleading and could give people false hope.

Doing a hair analysis can help you to determine which vitamins you need – not watching a video. Everyone is different. also Energy testing a simple technique to learn will help you determine dosages.

raster
    Participant

Clare_;29491 wrote: Would this be OK?

http://www.vitacost.com/trace-minerals-research-trace-mineral-drops-concentrace-8-fl-oz

I have this in my filtered water.

Hello Clare,

I looked your product over and it doesn’t contain many of the other minerals you need such as zinc, calcium, and selenium. Magnesium is the only main mineral found within the product and in my opinion you need more.

-raster

raster
    Participant

Kris8;29509 wrote: I use the brand trace minerals “electrolyte stamina”. however I dont like the idea that this is a cure all. I think it is misleading. Yes you need them but more importantly you should be asking why you arent getting them from your diet. Of course athletes (such as I was) need more but it is not a cure all. Vitamins are supplements and meant to supplement your diet. If you arent absorbing them then thats what you need to focus on. The truth is that most diseases are actually caused by poor neurology not lack of trace minerals. This man was an athlete and most people on here probably were not. His body most likely was not overweight or sluggish. Its a good point you make but again misleading and could give people false hope.

Doing a hair analysis can help you to determine which vitamins you need – not watching a video. Everyone is different. also Energy testing a simple technique to learn will help you determine dosages.

I hear you Kris. Unfortunately a lot of us do not want to do testing because of financial reasons but we should all consider getting tested for nutrient, mineral, and vitamin deficiencies. I’ve mentioned this over and over on the forum.

Supplementing your diet with minerals and vitamins has no detriment from my standpoint and if your body does not need them then it simply won’t absorb them. Taking some vitamins when you are deficient can only bring a benefit. I guarantee you that almost everyone in this forum is deficient in minerals, its very difficult to get them all from the foods we eat.

How would you know if you are deficient in minerals? Well if you listened to the video, he explained how he had sore/stiff joints and bones. I think many of use experienced this during our treatment (like myself) and it completely reduced or went away once I started supplementing myself with minerals. Other indications that you need minerals include getting a lot of cavities and tooth pain or experiencing hair loss. I had both of these problems and now I am much better. Your finger nails, hair, and toe nails should also grow fairly rapidly but mine were stunted maybe at half the natural rate.

Here’s a good list of deficiencies and the vitamins/minerals you need to heal them:
    http://www.health-science-spirit.com/deficiency.html

-raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trace Minerals!’ is closed to new replies.