Toxic bowel?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Toxic bowel?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

wol1
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 31

I’m 8 weeks in on the diet and I haven’t had a die-off reaction to antifungals(coconut oil, brussel sprouts, sf722, spirulina etc). But I feel crap all the time(almost). I’m tired, have dizziness, vertigo etc, feel totally crap after a hot shower/bath/sauna. I almost faint after them(have stopped doing sauna since 4 or 5 weeks).

I was constipated for a few days in the beginning when my die-off was at it’s worst and since then I haven’t felt good other than for up to a half day after a bowel movement. So my conclusion of this is that I have a toxic stomach after all the die off in the beginning.

What can I do about this? I use digestive bitters before meals and have tried betaine HCI after also. Usually I have a bowel movement only every other day..

I also use oat bran as my fibre source as of lately. But yeah, any tips? I have bentonite clay and psyllium at home and I’m considering trying it, it honestly can’t get any worse

EDIT: Forgot to add that I rebound many times a day to get my detox system up and running, started like 1 week ago.

wol1

Also, I feel much better after a “complete” bowel movement, when I feel emptied. My skin feels muuuch better, much more energy, less mucous in the throat, no dizziness, back head pressure gone.. all this makes me think the problem is a toxic bowel

EDIT: I forgot one more thing. After I’ve taken a hot bath or sauna my stomach feels more bloated than before I started. I think that’s because my lymphatic system have released more toxins to my bowel since it gets a kick start in a sauna or hot bath

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

I think you need to keep the bowel moving as often as possible, 3-4 times a day. Or once for each meal. There are a few ways to do this, but everyone is different and different things work well for different people. If you want I can suggest some bowel cleanse type products that have worked for me.

Also make sure you are eating enough vegetables and drinking enough water, I really notice it if I don’t drink enough water. Especially if you end if taking something that draws water to the colon.

wol1

Tdog333;51232 wrote: I think you need to keep the bowel moving as often as possible, 3-4 times a day. Or once for each meal. There are a few ways to do this, but everyone is different and different things work well for different people. If you want I can suggest some bowel cleanse type products that have worked for me.

Also make sure you are eating enough vegetables and drinking enough water, I really notice it if I don’t drink enough water. Especially if you end if taking something that draws water to the colon.

Yeah I know I need to keep my bowels moving..it’s exactly what my problem is but I’ve tried almost everything(It feels like), I don’t know what to do to get them going. I drink a lot of water, I take digestive bitters, I eat lots of vegetables, I’ve tried betaine HCI etc etc

Yes, suggest bowel cleanse products please. I really don’t care if it takes out my good bacteria because I’ve been feeling shit for 7 weeks now and I’m tired of it.

Tdog333
    Replies: 245

Dr Chrisopher’s lower bowel is good for long term, from what I understand it doesn’t cause dependance, Natures secret cleansing blendw ith herbs, and cleansing blend with fibers is good to take for a few weeks to get things moving but has herbal stimulants in.
    dr Schultz forumla 1 sounds really good and i just ordered some, haven’t tried it yet though.
    also trace minerals is supposed to help you go more often as well.

Superoxyflush worked REALLY well for about 2-3 months, but i noticed i needed to keep increasing the amount i took.
    hope one of those helps

Danny33
    Replies: 362

wol1;51233 wrote:

I think you need to keep the bowel moving as often as possible, 3-4 times a day. Or once for each meal. There are a few ways to do this, but everyone is different and different things work well for different people. If you want I can suggest some bowel cleanse type products that have worked for me.

Yeah I know I need to keep my bowels moving..it’s exactly what my problem is but I’ve tried almost everything(It feels like), I don’t know what to do to get them going. I drink a lot of water, I take digestive bitters, I eat lots of vegetables, I’ve tried betaine HCI etc etc

Yes, suggest bowel cleanse products please. I really don’t care if it takes out my good bacteria because I’ve been feeling shit for 7 weeks now and I’m tired of it.

wol1,

Candida can cause serious constipation. Its not going to make a significant difference if you eat more fiber and take fiber supplements. Water is very important but is not going cure it. A colon cleanse will not significantly reduce a candida population in the intestines.

Reducing the candida population in your colon will restore your bowel function. I have had chronic constipation following a long series of ABX. What I have found to be extremely effective is S. Boulardii and enemas (home kit, not store bought). Using enemas can be 2 birds with 1 stone. 1 it cleans out your colon, 2 you can add anti-fungals/pro-biotics to them and reduce the yeast in your colon. Examples are pro-biotics enemas, nystatin retention enemas, etc.

I understand its not appealing to everyone but being constipated constantly is going to slow your treatment and progress.

Stool softener like Polyethylene Glycol(miralax) can also be used to help transit time. This is safe to use regularly but it should last resort.

-Dan

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Antifungals promote bowel movements. Eating fiber such as rutabega or pumpkin can promote good digestion. Herbal teas such as chamomile are good for digestion and liver. Like Danny said, water is vitally important. If you are dehydrated, your insides will shrivel up making it harder for things to move (this is my opinion not scientific).

Digestive enzymes are an alternative to bitters.

There are lots of digestive aid supplements on the market such as l-glutamine, slippery elm, etc. Basically anything in the leaky gut supplement list (I can share link if needed its on sticky tab). There is a whole industry created for you to treat digestive problems with products from standard process, thorne, pure encapsulations, integrative thereauptics, etc. (just listing some top notch brands).

Also, reducing inflammation I have noticed improves digestion. There are lots of anti-inflammatory supplements out there such as cod liver oil, cinnamon, etc.

All trace mineral supplements improve digestion such as iodine, zinc, magnesium, selenium, etc. These are typically found in the clay products naturally.

One problem with the clay is its mostly only good for detoxing and not necessarily improving digestion, a lot of people have noticed constipation when taking it. When combined with psyllium which can have sharp edges, this isn’t a good situation for your gut in my opinion.

All prebiotics and probiotics improve digestion.

Also, how much do you chew your food? If you are not chewing your food 30+ times per bite then this could prevent your body from producing digestive enzymes. The food could have a hard time breaking down in your gut if you don’t chew your food as well.

-raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Toxic bowel?’ is closed to new replies.