Total relapse and at a complete loss :( HELP ME!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Total relapse and at a complete loss :( HELP ME!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  favre360 5 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sugrarrr
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 3

So i have succumbed to the dark side and undid all the sweat, pain and tears i went through with this diet. After being on the diet for just under a year i reached a plateau and decided to stop antifungals to give boulardii a go. Craved sugar immensely whilst on it and pretty much screwed myself over by caving in. I don’t know how much damage i’ve done but i’m currently addicted to junk food and have been eating junk daily since christmas. So without a doubt i need to start over again. Currently still on boulardii and probiotics.

Can anyone help me? I have no idea what to do. I really am serious about getting better but junk food is like a drug addiction right now. I can’t access a good naturopath, Sean won’t help and i have no other support πŸ™ it’s so hard and i’m at a complete loss.

Those who know what to do or have faced the same dilemma, do i go back on antifungals? I’m really trying everyday to get back on the diet. I don’t want to be sick forever πŸ™

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Did your symptoms come back? Had they improved any from the year of work?

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Im just going to say here that when we deprive ourselves of sugar and carbs, our bodies will retaliate.

Sugar is brain food. Our bodies naturally cry out for it.
    Its not a big deal when we get it in moderation, but when we purposefully deprive ourselves for any reason, we become obsessed. Its natural. Its normal.

I also happen to think theres the possibility that the fungus becomes a super-fungus when we teach it to excel in this carb-poor environment. Im no doc. I just intuit, and make sense out of what I read using everyone’s experiences together.

It doesnt make sense to me that the “cure” is to eat this way forever.

It doesnt make sense to me that once we get this under control, our immune system cant handle some bad choices.

I know all of this is just my two-cents,
    but if you were to make drinking anti-fungal herbal teas a part of your everyday experience (not for the anti-fungals, but for the enjoyment of being still with a cup of tea and relaxing )
    then you would have some regular support keeping it in check.

I found that most herbal teas have antifungals (cinnamon, clove, lemongrass,ect) and ALSO happen to have adrenal-support like licorice root, and blood cleansers like red clover or dandelion. Just because they taste good, not because they going to heal anything πŸ˜€

Dont stress.

If eating some junk for a month or two is capable of completely un-doing anything, then there wasnt any huge win there to begin with.

Candida isnt a sugar issue. Sugar just feeds it. If you handled the issue causing candida, then sugar is no longer the issue.

Right? πŸ™‚

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

V.C. have you seen the youtube video Rethinking Candida by Josh Rubin?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Just continue back on the diet…this is only a temporary setback.

-raster

Vegan Catlady

impossible;53579 wrote: V.C. have you seen the youtube video Rethinking Candida by Josh Rubin?

nope, not yet πŸ™‚

I have found that most of what I have read on the internet says the same thing (including videos). Is this different?

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

He talks along the same ideas you do. He is a consultant and his protocol is actually along those lines, with some other specifics.

favre360
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 21

sugrarrr;53560 wrote: Can anyone help me? I have no idea what to do. I really am serious about getting better but junk food is like a drug addiction right now. I can’t access a good naturopath, Sean won’t help and i have no other support πŸ™ it’s so hard and i’m at a complete loss.

Maybe try some NLP?? Ex. Put a rubber band around your wrist like the thick ones that come around celery stalks. Whenever you find yourself in the act of eating junk food, obsessively begin snapping it so that it stings and feels very unpleasant. When you find yourself in the act of eating healthy, wholesome foods; gently rub your left thigh with your left hand.

After 1-2 weeks of this, rub your left thigh with your left hand when you get a junk food craving, and within a few seconds you will be craving healthy, wholesome food. Just my $.02

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Vegan Catlady;53602 wrote:

V.C. have you seen the youtube video Rethinking Candida by Josh Rubin?

nope, not yet πŸ™‚

I have found that most of what I have read on the internet says the same thing (including videos). Is this different?

The myths about candidiasis we find in Internet are because the alternative treatments promoted by most of the secondary medical field aren’t scientifically founded.

Most chronic candidiasis cases are caused by disruption of our normal immune function and antagonistic friendly flora. To correct it, people need to restore their “normal” immunity and microbiota balance in many cases.

This isn’t something that can be done taking GSE and eating greens.! Not in most cases.

Jorge.

Vegan Catlady

impossible;53603 wrote: He talks along the same ideas you do. He is a consultant and his protocol is actually along those lines, with some other specifics.

I will definitely take a look , so far not one website says anything different than what I have read on The Candida Diet….give or take a safe-food on the foods-you-can-eat list.

They all say stop eating sugar and carbs, detox,take antifungals, take probiotics.

It will be nice to hear a different perspective, as there arent many people saying this diet cures any overgrowth…for years in some cases.

favre360
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 21

Vegan Catlady;53652 wrote:

He talks along the same ideas you do. He is a consultant and his protocol is actually along those lines, with some other specifics.

I will definitely take a look , so far not one website says anything different than what I have read on The Candida Diet….give or take a safe-food on the foods-you-can-eat list.

They all say stop eating sugar and carbs, detox,take antifungals, take probiotics.

It will be nice to hear a different perspective, as there arent many people saying this diet cures any overgrowth…for years in some cases.

I must admit, it is strikingly similar to the paleo diet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Total relapse and at a complete loss :( HELP ME!’ is closed to new replies.