Topical yeast without Candida? No Candida in stool test.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Topical yeast without Candida? No Candida in stool test.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tmi 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

tmi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 34

I finally made it to the Naturopath a few weeks ago and had a couple tests done (Microbiology stool test and the Carroll Method for Food Intolerance). I got the results back today and my gut flora is good and the yeast portion came back negative – no yeast detected. The ND says that I don’t have Candida and that the itching is probably just topical yeast. Can it really be that simple? I’ve been working on my diet and treating everything systemically for 2 years on/off that I haven’t focused on simply treating it topically.

How accurate are the stool tests for Candida? Should I believe this good news? I feel a bit skeptical – I’m worried it’s too good to be true.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Why wouldnt it be true? many people are cured of candida overgrowth all the time.

If itching is your only symptom at this point, its not crazy to think your immune system handled the rest,right?

Congrats ๐Ÿ™‚

tmi

Thanks! I sure hope it’s true.

I have a read a few times that the stool test is not always accurate… doing a quick search this came up on Candidadiet.com

“Blood Test
    An Anti-Candida Antibodies, or Candida Immune Complexes test. There are 3 antibodies that should be tested to measure your immune systemโ€™s response to Candida โ€“ IgG, IgA, and IgM. High levels of these antibodies indicate that an overgrowth of Candida is present. This is the most reliable test for Candidiasis that you can find.

Stool Analysis
    Your stool is directly analyzed for levels of yeast, pathogenic bacteria and friendly bacteria. However Candida often does not show up in this test, so the blood test is more reliable.

Urine Tartaric Acid Test
    This test detects tartaric acid โ€“ a waste product of Candida yeast overgrowth. An elevated test means an overgrowth of Candida. Again, this test can be unreliable so the blood test is more likely to give an accurate result.”

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/testingforcandida.htm

Reading that, it seems I may have a reason to be skepitcal….

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

tmi;56070 wrote: Thanks! I sure hope it’s true.

Reading that, it seems I may have a reason to be skepitcal….

I see what your saying,however the reality of your situation is that you FEEL good!

Its a FACT that attitude determines healing.
    Its a FACT that fear and anxiety and doubt create an atmosphere in the body conducive to disease.

The bottom line is, if you feel good…even for one day…revel in it.
    Revel the second day and the third day. All that reveling is strengthening your immune system and alkalizing your body. This can all be researched ๐Ÿ™‚

With that said, its true to any degree that we create our reality (even if it is slow and we require peer-reviewed studies to believe it,lol). So only speak of health, enjoy each and everyday now that you are sensitive to not taking it for granted, and *if* for any reason in your far future this comes back to visit, you KNOW you can heal it.

….and do me a favor?
    have a big ‘ol piece of blueberry pie for me? I got me a craving ๐Ÿ˜‰

tmi

Thanks for all your positive thoughts! I will try to stamp out those skeptical doubts.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Dvjorge recommends the delayed hypersensitivity test…so I would check this out.

We all have yeast in our bodies, its just a matter of whether its pathogenic or not.

Also after 2 years battling this, the numbers might be low enough to the point where it doesn’t show up on the test. If you were to eat a bunch of crap for a few weeks first, it may come out positive.

-raster

tmi

Thanks Raster. I will look into that test.

When this test was taken at the beginning of March my diet was just “okay”. At the end of January I fell off the wagon and ate a lot of crap for a week or two while my parents were in town (horrible influences!). So I figured since my diet hasn’t been great in the last couple months, something would show up.

I also had a food sensitivity test done. I’ve just learned that I am intolerant to dairy. I’ve been having probiotic greek yogurt almost daily and milk kefir occasionally. Now that I know about this sensitivity I will watch to see if the itchiness greatly decreases. I think there is a high chance it will because I recall feeling pretty good when I did the cleanse.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Topical yeast without Candida? No Candida in stool test.’ is closed to new replies.