Toothpaste

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Morab 8 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

carrotflowers
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 7

Has anyone switched the kind of toothpaste they use? I just realized most toothpastes have saccharin or some kind of sweetener in them. Do you think that might make a difference?

(And then there’s the flouride, but that’s another issue, entirely…)

flipperflop
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 19

I changed my toothpaste just cuz i figure the other stuff just doesnt seem good for the health. So i switched to toms toothpaste. it doesnt taste as sweet and doesnt have flouride.

gatomalo17
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

To avoid all those additives in toothpaste (even if they are considered “healthy”) try using Castile Soap; it works great.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

One of my symptoms was mild thrush, so I definitely didn’t want to put any sweeteners in my mouth! I just took my time looking through the available toothpastes at the health food store and actually wound up finding one that has stevia, aloe vera, and grapeseed extract in it (along w/ other ingredients). It actually tastes alright,too! The packaging and flavor are different, but I believe mine is from this company. Hope it helps!
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=NQ-2007&sourceType=cs&source=FG&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engines-_-googleproduct-_-Dental%20Gel%20-%204.5%20Ounces%20Gel%20-%20Toothpaste%20%26%20Tooth%20Powder-_-NQ-2007&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=NQ-2007

carrotflowers
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 7

That’s great, thank you!!! I’ve been using Tom’s now, which has xylitol and peppermint, but that Dental Gel looks even better! I too have mild Thrush, which is how this whole things started, so I’m kicking myself for not thinking of this earlier.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Oh, good. I hope that link was helpful 🙂 Have you been able to buy/try it yet?

Morab
    Replies: 8

You could try some bicarb, mixed into Stevia “tea” – basically you put 2 leaves into a 1/4 cup of boiling water and let it sit. It makes a STUNNING mouthwash! Then add the bicarb. ALternatively, you could mix half bicarb, and half sea salt, and then rinse with Stevia. The Stevia is a brilliant bug-killer, and not many people know that this mouth gargle of stevia and plain, boiled water can prevent mouth and gum disease. For us who can’t take the sugary mouthwashes, its a lovely, refreshing alternative. If you wish, you can toss in 2 leaves of mint as well into the boiling water, just for the freshness of breath. I use it as I find garlic very useful but very smelly, and no, parsley doesn’t help me, and yes, parsley DOES accumulate in the liver.

Morab
    Replies: 8

Sorry to post again – I forgot!! i carry a little “miswak” stick with me, too! Its a stick from a bush called a “toothbrush tree” and it can be used as a toothbrush and toothpaste in one. Google Benefits of miswak and you may be surprised. At work, it’s all I use. At home, I’m back to my stevia mouthwash and miswaak toothpaste (yes, it comes in a toothpaste). If you don’t know where to find it, find a muslim person – it’s part of the islamic faith and a “standard” toiletry item.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Toothpaste’ is closed to new replies.