tooth fillings and naturopath question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions tooth fillings and naturopath question

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  hope4eva77 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

heyitsme
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 11

Is it necessary to take out your metal fillings to get read of Candida. I have a lot of them so would cost me thousends to do that. Just wanted to know if that’s something I have to do in order to get clean. Also does everybody go to naturopath, I was trying to overcome it myself but thinking maybe I need help somebody who knows what to do. Any suggestions?

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I go to a naturapath, she is annoying at times but she knows what she is doing for the most part. Problem is, its expensive

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

In my opinion not everyone has heavy metal toxicity. You can get tested for it via your hair at labs, and there are other ways to measure it as well.

-raster

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Regarding the naturopath portion of your question, I don’t have the means to see one, so I never have, but I’ve noticed improvement nonetheless. I think there are a lot of variables that play into that question, but if you feel like you need help, maybe you do. Just keep in mind that the overarching trend on this forum seems to be that LOTS of naturopaths know nothing about treating candida.

heyitsme
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 11

Yes they are too expensive, that’s why I hold on and I noticed improvements throught the diet already. But I have a lot of fillings, and I think I have lyme disease, so I don’t know if the diet only will help with that. Probably should get some medication too.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

LOTS of naturopaths know nothing about treating candida

I have seen LOTS of naturopaths, and most of them know nothing about Candida. A lot of them will tell you to do things that will actually hurt your progress. Like “have a cheat meal every once and while”. I even had one tell me that I should have a glass of wine everyday as long as it’s dry white it will be fine.

I even had a Naturopath tell me that my problem is carbohydrate intolerance (no tests were done), and that I should eat the Atkins diet for the rest of my life, so I don’t get cancer. I was desperate to find out what was wrong with me so I tried it and continued to gain weight on the Atkins diet, which lead to her accusing me of cheating. All the while she never even mentioned yeast.

In fact one of my symptoms has been weight gain and multiple doctors have accused me of cheating on their plan, MD’s and ND’s. I didn’t loose any weight until 8 months into this diet, then I lost 50 lbs. in 2 months.

If you think you have lyme’s disease and heavy metal toxicity then why won’t your MD do those tests?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Wine! Even more amazing than “you need to eat at least one piece of fruit every day” :p

mrs.candida

Well it was a European doctor and you know how Europeans can be about alcohol consumption. (no offense EUers, I find it charming)

I feel that most doctors aren’t willing to suggest a regime that they themselves could not follow. However, most of these doctors are not REALLY SICK like most of us are. I think it may have been Raster who likens this disease to HIV and Cancer? (sorry if I’m putting words where they don’t go, Raster) Unless you are in the position of being this sick you would not even consider following this diet.

In the beginning I even had a mental therapist who would beg me to eat a cheat meal, “for my sanity”.

You really have to be tough as nails to make it through this.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Green apples and berries are all natural sugars. Those can be introduced after awhile idk why people are against it. It’s a low sugar diet not a no sugar diet. It’s been about 70 days for me and haven’t introduced fruit yet and actually aren’t dying too. But one day soon I might

mrs.candida

Green apples and berries are all natural sugars. Those can be introduced after awhile idk why people are against it.

Fructose is fructose no matter what the source is. Fructose is food for candida, that’s why people are against it. “Natural” as a word to describe food, means nothing and is not necessarily healthy or appropriate for a candida diet.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Fructose is fructose, that’s right. Candida may feed from it, but to do so it needs access to the fructose.

Mouth, throat? Yes, candida has access to the fructose.

Stomach? Well, candida would have access to the fructose, but candida cannot live in the stomach, so this is a non-issue.

Intestines? I cannot answer that. Fructose is absorbed into the bloodstream very quickly, but I do not know how quickly. If I eat a lot of fructose, how far does it travel in the intestines before being absorbed? Does anyone know?

Skin, vagina? Fructose from food doesn’t travel there, so any candida at those places will not be affected at all by eating more or less fructose.

So it looks like the only question (at least for me) is: how far does fructose, or any other simple sugar for that matter, travel in the intestines before being absorbed into the bloodstream?

Floggi

Fructose is fructose, that’s right. Candida may feed from it, but to do so it needs access to the fructose.

Stomach? Well, candida would have access to the fructose, but candida cannot live in the stomach, so this is a non-issue.

Intestines? I cannot answer that. Fructose is absorbed into the bloodstream very quickly, but I do not know how quickly. If I eat a lot of fructose, how far does it travel in the intestines before being absorbed? Does anyone know?

Skin, vagina? Fructose from food doesn’t travel there, so any candida at those places will not be affected at all by eating more or less fructose.

So it looks like the only question (at least for me) is: how far does fructose, or any other simple sugar for that matter, travel in the intestines before being absorbed into the bloodstream?

Floggi

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

A few things:

1. Naturopaths are not all equal. I have been told everything from eat a lot of beans to take 2 weeks of weak antifungals and don’t eat refined carbs and you’ll be fine. I don’t believe any of them anymore…maybe if I found one that actually seemed to know what they were talking about :p

2. I don’t care how you want to attempt to scientifically break it down, it doesn’t matter. Fruit feeds candida. You should not be eating fruit while trying to get rid of candida, unless you want to extend your healing possibly indefinitely. You do have to be tough as nails to do this, and it’s freaking hard and sucky, but we are all adults and we are all here on this forum trying to heal ourselves, so we are motivated. The super-strict diet is not forever, and we are all capable of doing it, even if it’s really rough some days. I feel like if people put all of their energy into eating proper foods to fight candida and heal the body instead of putting so much energy into trying to finagle cheats or semi-cheats, they would probably feel better in half the time :p

The diet is not about cheat meals or fruit snacks, it’s about finding the most nutritious and beneficial foods you can put into your body so you can heal yourself and get back to living a normal (healthy) life again :p (I don’t mean go back to how you used to eat, I mean go back to having energy to spend time with your friends and family, work at your job, have fun, do sports and hobbies, etc.)

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

I don’t think its necessary 2 remove fillings to reach a cure and I certainly hope not cuz I have at least 5 metal ones myself. Don’t worry bout it for now.

U should get tested for Lyme but your doctor shoulda already done this I had it as a child and the problem is treatment is long-term antibiotics !!! Yes a nightmare so I really hope u don’t have it. I’m not sure of the natural treatment for Lyme or if it would work.

I am not seeing a natural path they are just to expensive & its hard to find a good one as others have said. I am doing acupuncture and she is also a naturalpath and told me to eat potatoes and rice everyday! U can treat yourself just ask questions here whenever u have trouble.

I don’t think low sugar fruit is a big deal if your having trouble sticking with things as I know I am having a green apple may keep u from eating a dessert. U shouldn’t eat it everyday early in treatment but a lil in your oat bran once a wk or as a snack probably wont harm your treatment. Also u can drink kefir with it or avoid another slice of coconut bread that day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘tooth fillings and naturopath question’ is closed to new replies.