Too much Raw Garlic –more harm than good?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Too much Raw Garlic –more harm than good?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jameskep 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Able what is your opinion on too much allicin having the potential of killing good and bad bacteria?

Too much allicin causing excessive irritation to the gut lining?

http://www.kyolic.com/fa…ient-compound-in-garlic/

I know for myself excessive raw garlic upset my gut and caused a lot of mucus production due to its burning like qualities. Some might be sensitive to large amounts of raw garlic?

James

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I consume garlic 3 x per day from a detox drink (which is basically the juice of whole lemons & lots of garlic). I feel a lot better since i’ve been taking it, & other than skin flare ups my healths improved (i am at the 8 month stage though).

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

How much are you taking daily james? The more is not the merrier in my opinion with anything.

-raster

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

raster;29877 wrote: How much are you taking daily james? The more is not the merrier in my opinion with anything.

-raster

I didn’t realize this and spent too many months using oil of Oregano. Some issues came up which I assumed had to be from some supplement but, didn’t know what was dong what. After reading a post from dvjorge about eugenol (active ingredient in oregano) it made sense to what I was experiencing. So, I do agree with the more is not merrier concept – and trying to figure out the best rotations moving forward.

Just my two cents…..my personal healing journey is filled with doing things which seemingly made sense at the time but, turned out to be mistakes prone learning situations. We all make mistakes along this complicated journey.

HUGE HUGS to everyone and many blessings.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

I too have problems with garlic!

cheers
    Thomas

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

flailingWcandi;29879 wrote:

How much are you taking daily james? The more is not the merrier in my opinion with anything.

-raster

I didn’t realize this and spent too many months using oil of Oregano. Some issues came up which I assumed had to be from some supplement but, didn’t know what was dong what. After reading a post from dvjorge about eugenol (active ingredient in oregano) it made sense to what I was experiencing. So, I do agree with the more is not merrier concept – and trying to figure out the best rotations moving forward.

Just my two cents…..my personal healing journey is filled with doing things which seemingly made sense at the time but, turned out to be mistakes prone learning situations. We all make mistakes along this complicated journey.

HUGE HUGS to everyone and many blessings.

Hi mate
    which post was it from djorge, I would like to read it but dont find it with the help of the search engine. What was he teaching there?

thanks
    thomas

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

I don’t do garlic everyday–never did. But the times that I did do some raw garlic cloves they seemed to be counter productive because of the irritation, inflammation, and mucus production that it caused. Not a fan of enteric-coated garlic tablets. I don’t think its a good idea for that much garlic sulfur compounds to be released in a small area. I think garlic sulfur compounds need to be neutralized/diluted before it can burn/irritate tissue lining. Eating raw garlic cloves because of its cellulose content is more likely to get digested in the colon which will cause irritation and inflammation due to it not being properly neutralized by bicarbonates/other neutralizers. My point is that garlic sulfur compounds need to be properly neutralized before they can irritate/inflame tissue or gut lining.

—The same can apply for oregano oil or anything that has burning like qualities—–

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Too much Raw Garlic –more harm than good?’ is closed to new replies.