Too many eggs?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Too many eggs?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Riinehart 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

carla mc
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 15

7 weeks into the diet, wondering if 6 eggs a day are too many?(didn’t do a proper detox) and if i’m making a coconut bread recipe every 2-3 days does this mean i’m eating too much of it? going through a lot of coconut oil to keep weight on…some hemp oil too, but only during larger meals, alternating days.

Riinehart
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

for what it’s worth, i’m about 13 wks in, and I eat approx 6 eggs per day without issue. i also had a blood test a few wks ago and everything was fine with cholesterol.

hope that helps.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

There are a number of studies that show low-carb diets lower LDL (“bad” cholesterol) and increase HDL (“good” cholesterol). Even people on the horrible animal product-based Atkins diet, who must consume massive amounts of cholesterol, were shown to have good levels of LDL, HDL, trigylcerides, blood pressure etc after a whole year. Eggs contain a much higher quality fat than many other sources as well.

The people who write the dietary guidelines like to believe the human metabolism works as simply as calories in/calories out, whether in regard to fat, cholesterol or whatever. It’s far more complicated than any isolated calculation. It’s laughable simplifications like this that have contributed to the dire state of Western health.

Still, I’d rather not eat quite so many eggs. I wish there was a good source of non-animal protein. I’m really considering testing red lentils after 6-8 weeks, since they have a much better nutritional profile than buckwheat (something like 60% less net carbs), with the only downside being 1g of sugar per 100g. I’ll see how things play out though.

Riinehart

I definitely have the same concerns. I’ve been trying to experiment with lentils and black beans, and also almonds and sunflower seeds (bought raw, soaked, then toasted).

The main conclusion I can draw so far has been that moderation is key. I don’t seem to have any reaction to small amounts (half cup of beans or so once every 2 or 3 days, or a few almonds per day).

But if I eat too much of either (and it’s sooo easy for me to pig out on nice freshly toasted and salted almonds… little bit of olive oil…. ahh….), I get an onset of fog/fatigue/gas symptoms.

That’s how it’s been for me, anyway. Definitely advise to take it slow when you start introducing.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Javizy wrote: I’m really considering testing red lentils after 6-8 weeks, since they have a much better nutritional profile than buckwheat (something like 60% less net carbs), with the only downside being 1g of sugar per 100g. I’ll see how things play out though.

Hello, Javizy.

I like your idea. Lentils are one of the least bothersome pulses as far as the glycemic index is concerned. Probably the only one that is lower would be garbanzo beans but only by one or two numbers.

A good way to know if you are ready to make this move or not is to pay close attention to any of the Candida symptoms which remain. Give your symptoms a rating of 1-10 comparing the present symptoms with your symptoms before starting the detox or diet. Obtain an average after about four days. If the rating you come up with is 4 or higher, then you should wait until your rating is at least as low as 3, and then test the lentils.

Once you’re able to handle dried beans, they’re a very positive addition to your diet since they can help you to obtain enough proteins while minimizing the intake of animal protein and fat. Hello, Javizy.
    I like your idea. Lentils are one of the least bothersome pulses as far as the glycemic index is concerned. Probably the only one that is lower would be garbanzo beans but only by about one or two numbers.
    A good way to know if you are ready to make this move or not is to pay close attention to any of the Candida symptoms which remain. Give your symptoms a rating of 1-10 comparing the present symptoms with your symptoms before starting the detox or diet. Obtain an average after about four days. If the rating you come up with is 5 or higher, then you should wait until your rating is at least as low as three or four, and then try the lentils.

Once you’re able to handle dried beans, they’re a very positive addition to your diet since they help you to obtain enough proteins while minimizing the intake of animal protein and fat. Lentils contain the third-highest amount of proteins of all legumes and nuts.

Able

Griff
    Topics: 5

Riinehart wrote: I definitely have the same concerns. I’ve been trying to experiment with lentils and black beans, and also almonds and sunflower seeds (bought raw, soaked, then toasted).

Riinehart: How do you toast the almonds/seeds after you soak them? In the oven? On what temperature and for how long?

I’ve been relying on a handful of pecans or almonds to get me through the day when I need a protein boost.

carla mc
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 15

thanks(again!) for the info. frustrated with my own ignorance on these matters. it seems like i’m asking the same questions over and over.can i blame the yeast entirely for my mental fog?? 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

carla mc wrote: thanks(again!) it seems like i’m asking the same questions over and over. can i blame the yeast entirely for my mental fog?

As a matter of fact you can, Carla.

Riinehart

Hey Griff, sorry I missed your post somehow.

I buy raw almonds from a health food store near me, then soak them overnight (only as much as you will use, you don’t want to soak all of your almonds at once, as they’ll get nasty, there’s no good way of keeping them that way).

Then I lay them out on a toaster oven pan and cook in the toaster oven at around 400 degrees for a little less than 10 min — until they’re getting nicely brown and crispier, but not burnt.

Then I put them in a bowl and toss them with about a teaspoon of olive oil and some salt. You can also do the olive oil and salt before you toast them, as well.

I’m probably not a reliable source as to whether or not this is something you should eat (some say don’t eat almonds at all, some say they’re more healthy raw, some say that cooking would/should kill the mold, and so on), but they are incredibly tasty.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Too many eggs?’ is closed to new replies.