Too many carbs in one day make me itch!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Too many carbs in one day make me itch!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

teelovee92
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

I’ve been on the diet for over 5 months now and I’m seeing drastic yet wonderful improvements with my health, specifically my skin, but I still wonder if there are some things I may be doing wrong. I just recently started baking with coconut flour so I’ve been eating a lot of muffins, breads, cookies, etc as a snack, very filling btw. I notice that when I eat it in large quantities or too frequently as in back to back, everyday, all day stuffing my face with muffins lol, my skin will start to itch, tineaversicolor flares up and when I calm down and cut back my symptoms decrease skins improves again as if nothing happened. Same thing happened to me when used stevia(horrible idea) but I immediately eliminated it from my diet. So my question is can too many carbs from baked goods using coconut flour feed the candida and cause flare ups? Should baked goods using coconut flour be consumed in small quantities instead. All answers are appreciated.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You’re likely allergic to coconut flour due to leaky gut and you don’t notice it at low quantities. This is the symptom you are likely experiencing…

If you were to try other flours such as buckwheat, rice flour, teff, etc. you likely won’t be allergic to it. If rice flour or rice bran is your only option because you are allergic to others, better than nothing imho.

Also if you rotated flours then the yeast won’t adapt to it.

-raster

teelovee92

That actually makes sense because before I started baking with coconut flour I would eat rice cakes as a snack and after awhile my skin would start itching and I noticed that when I consume carbs from grains such as the ones you mentioned and beans the itching would start and tineaversicolor would flare up again, thats why I completely eliminated grains and beans from my diet and the tineaversicolor started to improve and clear up even more, but I wanted a little variety, eating veggies gets so boring after awhile and I’m losing too much weight, so I looked online and thought coconut flour would be a great alternative ,guess I was wrong.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

I get rashes from the exact same foods, such as rice flour and coconut flour. Coconut has simple (or disaccharides, cant remember) carbohydrates in a form of fructose. I’m not gonna advise against cocunot flour, but I don’t eat it due to increase in my rashes.

The rashes it self will flare up every time you eat a simple carbohydrate(lactose too), and things like rice cakes or yoghurt will result in more itching.

Try to get a scraping sample from the rash areas to determine what topical/cutane antifungal creme you can use for most effect.

However, the most effective way to treat it is to avoid the things that gives you the rash in first place.

good luck

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

raster;55131 wrote: You’re likely allergic to coconut flour due to leaky gut and you don’t notice it at low quantities. This is the symptom you are likely experiencing…

If you were to try other flours such as buckwheat, rice flour, teff, etc. you likely won’t be allergic to it. If rice flour or rice bran is your only option because you are allergic to others, better than nothing imho.

Also if you rotated flours then the yeast won’t adapt to it.

-raster

Yes, I agree with raster, for quite sometime, I noticed I wasn’t feeling well. It was the coconut. I don’t avoid coconut everything, and I think in one recipe I found online, adapted from Elana Pantry’s to make it more candida-friendly (she uses too much agave nectar sometimes), she only called from like a couple teaspoons to a tablespoon only of coconut flour.

So, I have learned to do this, if I want a slight coconut flavor. Just a trace amount here and there doesn’t hurt me.

Plus, I have noticed that rotation is better, like raster commented. I have changed to one week I might have more millet, another week more quinoa, maybe with some rice flour mixed in here and there. Amazingly, I found that buckwheat (like it), doesn’t make me feel too good most the times. I also like almond flour mixed in some of my recipes, not the whole thing made out of almond flour though.

Another thing, I don’t know if this affects you, but I have to watch fiber content at times. For me, it is partly due to my gastroparesis, and coconut flour is very high in fiber. 2 tablespoons = 5 or 6 grams of fiber. I found it sits quite heavy on my stomach. Depending on my day and how busy I am, more small meals are a better load on my tummy.

teelovee92

klips32;55140 wrote: The rashes it self will flare up every time you eat a simple carbohydrate(lactose too), and things like rice cakes or yoghurt will result in more itching.

Yeah I noticed that when I was about 3 months into the diet whenever I would eat brown rice/grain rice or lentils over an extended period of time the tinea versicolor, bloating and itching would come back so I completed eliminated it and was fine after about 2 weeks my skin started to clear up again so I came to the conclusion I need to stay away from grains that have more than 3-4
    % carbs(rices/beans, etc). I went online and several candida websites recommend baking with coconut flour because of the low carb/high fiber and using stevia, sounded good so I tried it. I immediately had a reaction after using stevia(never again) so I continued the the flour for about a month and last week I especially started to notice I felt more itchy and bloated than usual. I feel fine now, I havent had any baked goods since last Wed, so I should be good and continue to improve as long as I stay away from it.
    @kjones02, high fiber doesnt really give me problems, I usually sprinkle some flax seed on my foods, helps me stay regular, but I do have to be careful because my stomach gets full faster and you know how that goes…

raster
    Participant

I also wanted to mention that you should not fear carbs…it isn’t carbs that are the problem, its your allergies and digestion. If you have leaky gut and are allergic to these food items, then you should move on to something else. You need carbs to function and be healthy and by avoiding them, this could be a detriment to your health.

-raster

teelovee92

@ raster
    I know I shouldnt fear carbs but I get so anxious about what I can and have but I was looking online and saw something about swedish digestive bitters and betaine hcl helping to heal the leaky gut aid in digestion. What are your suggestions regarding these supplements? Can they be taken for an extended amount of time or for the duration of treatment?

raster
    Participant

I know bitters can heal your gut but I don’t know about HCL doing that. There are a variety of bitter products and each one heals a specific organ, so don’t focus on the swedish kind only.

-raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Too many carbs in one day make me itch!’ is closed to new replies.