Too fast a change causing nausea?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Too fast a change causing nausea?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  paulkur89234 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

pixyshark
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hello,

I’m so glad this website has a forum section. I have been going through candida symptoms since February of this year and just recently was pointed in this direction. I believe that a candida overgrowth is definately contributing to the symptoms I am having.

So I decided to start Stage 1 of the diet 5 days ago. It’s been going well (so thankful for the recipe’s section because things actually taste good) I had the confidence I could get through this, but then today, I got a really big scare. Around 4pm I started feeling dizzy. It came on really rapid, so rapid that I had about 10 seconds to get to a bed before I collapsed. I didn’t pass out, but I had the phone next to me about to dial out because I was so freaked out. It was almost like a panic attack, but without the heart racing feeling, just this nauseous dizzy spell. This happened three times within the hour and I decided it might be my sugar (I’m not diabetic, nor have I been diagnosed with high or low blood pressure, but seeing how I changed my diet very rapidly, the lack of sugar is the first thing that came to mind), so I drank half a can of coconut water and within 2-3 minutes I felt better.

I want to make sure not to cause a repeat of what happened. I’ve been following the diet to a “T” and it kinda pissed me off having to drink the coconut water because even though it’s unsweetened, it still had a sugar count on the side. I’m not quite sure if having too low sugar was the problem or not, but does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do? Oh, also, when I felt dizzy, I got a sharp pain in my right side simultaneously. I read this could be the candida dying off, so even though it was just day 5, it could be that, but I really want to stick to this diet but I don’t want that dizzy-ing feeling again. I know fruit isn’t supposed to be added back to the diet until stage 2, but I’m wondering if I could add maybe some blueberries to my morning meal and see if that holds off the dizzy spells. If I shouldn’t add the fruit in, is there anything else I can try?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, welcome to the forum.

Read the post titled “Die-off Dangers” posted on August 27. The pain in your side definitely sounds like one of many die-off symptoms.

Try ¼ of a Granny Smith apple perhaps once or twice a day to see if that will take care of the dizziness, if not you could try the blueberries. Let us know how things go with the dizziness as well as any additional Candida reactions.

Able

pixyshark

Hi Able,

Thanks, I think I’m going to try the blueberries and see how they work (I’m not that big of a fan of apples). I also looked back in my food diary and I was maybe if anything getting at the most 800 calories per day, which is much lower than I want to be at (I prefer at least 1200). I’m not quite sure how I’m going to get that many calories in me, because protein and veggies don’t have that much to begin with, but I’m going to go to the grocery store and get more of a variety from the allowable food list and see what I can come up with.

I think I definately was probably experiencing some of the die off symptoms. I’m planning on picking up a multi-vitamin as well tomorrow and seeing if maybe that will balance me out more a bit better as well. Hopefully I’ll have good news to report back!

Able900
    Spectator

Hello.

If you read the die-off dangers post, you’ll see that two products are named which will reduce the die-off symptoms substantially; Molybdenum and Candidate by Native Remedies. Molybdenum can be taken up to three times a day and up to 250 mcg a dose. Candidate works more immediately and should be taken only when needed, meaning when you feel a die-off symptom starting.

I wish you would let me know which multi-vitamin you choose before actually making the purchase. So many multi-vitamins contain additives which would have a negative effect on your Candida treatment as well as containing disproportional amounts of vitamins which would not be a benefit.

As far as gaining your weight back or simply not losing more, this can be handled easier if you purchase something called organic coconut oil. This can prevent further weight loss and even help you to gain more if you choose to do so. Another item to prevent losing more weight is coconut flour bread; the recipe is in the forum under “Recipes.” By the way, the bread doesn’t taste like coconut, and you can eat the bread 3 to 4 times a day without problems as long as you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients such as eggs.

Able

pixyshark

The multi-vitamin I was thinking of buying is Centrum (just the regular kind, not the ultra or anything like that: http://www.centrum.com/OurProducts/Centrum.aspx)
    I usually take Intramax (you can see the ingredient list here: http://www.earthturns.com/intraMAX-Organic-Liquid-Vitamin-p/drl-max33.htm) but I’m on a budget this week so until I can get some more of that, I was thinking the Centrum is cheap and looks pretty well rounded. Do you see any ingredients in either of the products that might inhibit the candida to die off?

I use the organic coconut oil right now probably once or twice a day to cook with. I’m overweight so losing too much weight isn’t really a concern as any bit off will help, I just mainly worry if my dizzyness I feel is because of a rapid change in how much sugars I usually eat. I read that cinnamon is suppose to help regulate blood sugar so I think I will pick me up some cinnamon tea too and see how that works. I’ll definately look for the coconut bread recipe on the forum too, thanks! 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

Hello.

The IntraMAX Liquid Nutrition vitamin you don’t want to take because it contains the enzymes, Cellulase and Hemicellulase.

Taking an individual enzyme, whether a few or several causes the body’s own production of these enzymes to shut down at which point your body will be completely dependent on you to provide artificial means of digesting all food from now on. That’s not what a person who is looking for good health wants.

As far as the cellulase and hemicellulase are concerned, what these two enzymes do is break down into simple sugars the enzymes in the vegetables you eat. The resulting sugars will feed the surviving Candida.

Using Grape Bitters is not the same as taking an enzyme directly, as it allows your body to produce its own digestive enzymes in the correct amounts and types that are needed.

The main problem I have with the Centrum is the amount of Biotin it contains. Biotin is a significant B vitamin especially for a person with a Candida infestation as it can actually help to destroy the Candida. All of the other B vitamins in the vitamin contain 100% of the daily requirement, but Biotin only contains 10%. I have no idea why companies want to do this, but it’s a good way to get the ration of B vitamins in the human body out of balance if taken for a long period of time. Taking this for a short term would probably be alright, and you may want to purchase a Biotin supplement alone to add to the multiple.

Once you start taking a good probiotic, it will take care of obtaining B vitamins.

Able

pixyshark

Hi Able,

Thank you for all the information. Yeah that’s quite interesting with Centrum as to why they would limit the Biotin amounts. I think I’ll take the Centrum for about three months and after that stop. By then hopefully I’ll be able to add in enough foods that will balance out my natural vitamin intake and I won’t have to take the supplements.

Oh, I’ve also been taking a probiotic for probably I’d say three months now. I’ve seen people recommend other probiotics and even refrigerated ones, but this one has worked so well for alieving my symptoms that I don’t really want to change it. Can you tell me what you think about the probiotic? It wouldn’t have anything in it that would help the Candida would it? (that I think is what I’m most concerned about) It’s Pearls High Potency Probiotic. 5 billion CFU blend of Lactobacillus plantarum, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobaccilus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium longum. Other ingredients include: vegetable oil, gelatin, vegetable glycerin, pectin, soy lecithin (I’m assuming this all makes up the capsule). Would appreciate your opinion on this. Btw, where does your wealth of knowledge come from? Have you read most of it? I was in a nutrition class last year but we didn’t even touch on a good chunk of this stuff. I’d definately like to become more well rounded.

Thanks!

Ammyidm
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Multi-vitamins can help to quick relief of nausea. Antihistamine medication also used to treat allergy symptoms. Physician prescribed Avomine to me for treat nausea. This medicine works by blocking a certain natural substance (histamine) in body. Feels better now.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Able: is there a multi-vitamin that you can recommend for pixy?

Pixy: I wouldn’t worry too much about the enzymes, because you do need some additional help to break down the foods in your body to get energy from them. But long term use could lead to the enzyme production problem he mentioned.

Also all of the symptoms you have mentioned are normal. Read the “dangers of die-off post” and get a better handle on what you are dealing with.

Able900
    Spectator

raster wrote: Able: is there a multi-vitamin that you can recommend for pixy?

Raster, I honestly don’t know of a single multiple vitamin that I would recommend to anyone. I’ve yet to find one which contains the correct ratios of specific vitamins, but which usually contain unsafe so-called supplements such as certain enzymes which the human body doesn’t even produce. Taking such an unbalanced ratio of vitamins is not at all safe for the health of the human body when used on a regular basis.

Able

paulkur89234
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

Ammyidm wrote: Multi-vitamins can help to quick relief of nausea. Antihistamine medication also used to treat allergy symptoms. Physician prescribed Avomine to me for treat nausea. This medicine works by blocking a certain natural substance (histamine) in body. Feels better now.

Acupressure can also be done for this.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Too fast a change causing nausea?’ is closed to new replies.