Ton -O- Veggie bread – Large Version

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Bread Recipes Ton -O- Veggie bread – Large Version

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kris8 6 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kris8
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

This is my TON -O- Veggie bread. I have a smaller version too that I can post but I now make the double version so I have lots to freeze for those extra brain fog days and so I could pack some for my husbands snack at work. It’s like a whole meal in a bread so I don’t have to think – just eat. You don’t have to separate the eggs but doing that makes it much lighter and fluffier and in my opinion, better! If you want to sub an egg or two out add an additional 1/4 cup of water per egg and maybe a little oil. It taste good toasted, which is my preferred way of eating it. You can even top it with an allowed nut butter or coconut oil. I also like it with an allowed tea. Let me know if you try it!

Ton ‘o’ veggie bread – makes ALOT! One 9X13 pan

2 Cups Millet Flour
    1 1/2 Cup Buckwheat flour
    1/2 Cup coconut flour
    1 1/2 tsp Salt
    1 TBS baking Powder

2/3 cup coconut or olive oil
    10 large eggs – separated
    3 cup pureed Leafy Greens (spinach and lettuce work well but I also use kale and chard see explanation below on how to do this)
    2/3 cup water
    1/2 cup finely shredded carrots
    1 Cup shredded zucchini

Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9X13 rectangular baking dish

Combine first 5 dry ingredients in a medium bowl

To make the puree, put a bunch (at least 4 cups) of leafy greens in a blender with a little water (extra water not the water in the recipe) and blend until it is a liquid puree. Measure out three cups to use in the recipe.

Beat egg whites on high for 1 to 2 minutes until soft peaks form

In a large bowl combine oil, egg yolks, 3 cups green puree, and water.

Add the Dry ingredients to the wet and combine.

Fold in egg whites.

Fold in carrots and zucchini

Bake in preheated oven for 45 mins to 1 hour. the top will be firm when it is done and a toothpick will come out clean.

natmike5464
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 17

thank you Kris, I shall try this tomorrow! Looks yummy

shell1226
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 71

This is my kind of bread. Can’t wait to try it.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Sounds good – I wonder if there is a way to put a more candida-friendly flour in in place of the millet, like oat bran? Do you think that would work?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

i bet teff would be good.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Ah, I haven’t ventured into teff yet. Maybe I’ll add that back next, in a week or two. I’ve never worked with it, so I’m a little nervous. But then I could make injeera, right?? Ooooh…

Kris8
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

Hi, I don’t think oat bran will work. It will absorb too much liquid. I haven’t had any problems with millet while healing candida (which I have since cured). My oriental medicine book says its highly alkaline and good for healing candida. It actually states it as one of the only “grains” to consume while healing candida ( I ate millet congees during the detox phase and it worked wonders- I have a recipe for it on this forum too). I do however always soak it to germinate it before eating. But if you don’t feel comfortable with it then any gluten free flour should be a good replacement. The best thing to do is to try a replacement and then once the bread is all put together you can judge whether or not it needs more liquid. I also wouldn’t sub with more coconut flour since that too is very absorbent.

good luck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ton -O- Veggie bread – Large Version’ is closed to new replies.