Tomatoes Make Eczema Worse?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Tomatoes Make Eczema Worse?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lukey 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Lukey
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

Why do certain foods make the eczema on my scalp immediately worse? Is that fungal related?

I am going to stop eating everything except broccoli, onion, cabbage, and rutabaga, as well as animal proteins and take lots of oregano oil for a while. I just can’t stand the eczema any more. It’s making my hair fall out and it’s getting very thin.

Book says I should apply it to my scalp but that doesn’t seem to do much. I think I need to address the internal fungus most of all, via diet. I surmise I must have so much internal fungus that it’s going to take me a while to get a handle on it.

Paperstars
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 47

I have eczema as well and interestingly enough, only raw tomatoes seem to exacerbate my eczema whereas I can tolerate cooked tomatoes perfectly fine. I’m thinking it has to do with enzymes that probably get destroyed through the cooking process that are present in raw tomatoes. I’ve also read that some people react to ripe tomatoes but can eat green ones. Do you react to all forms? Both raw and cooked? Have you tried green tomatoes maybe? I think based on raster’s safe food list, tomatoes are only suggested in small quantities anyways.

I experience the same worsening of eczema with spices and foods like onions. They make my eczema flare up pretty badly. I tried omega 3 fish oil and it had no effect on my eczema and I couldn’t tolerate more than 1000mg of vitamin D for some reason. If you haven’t, you could try those. I found Burdock root and sea salt dissolved into water and letting it sit there for 10-20mins helps but it’s definitely not addressing whatever is the root cause of our eczema.

Have you tested for Candida?

Lukey

Hi,

Me too – exactly. I was buying Muir Glen canned organic tomatoes, and could eat a whole big can at once and not have any issues. then I bought some nice fresh ones at farmers market and began having trouble with them. I think they have more sugar. I cooked some fresh ones into sauce, added red pepper, EVOO and sea salt, and those too were a problem for me. I guess I’m just going to have to go back to canned.

I haven’t tolerated fish oil in 15-20 years. It makes my eczema get much worse immediately.

I have a Nutr Eval test about 6 years ago – said I’m high in Klebsiella and low in Bifidus.

I plan to stay on Oregano oil and complex for at least a month or two, and I may add others like Olive Leaf Extract and GSE.

Paperstars

Lukey;59257 wrote: Hi,

Me too – exactly. I was buying Muir Glen canned organic tomatoes, and could eat a whole big can at once and not have any issues. then I bought some nice fresh ones at farmers market and began having trouble with them. I think they have more sugar. I cooked some fresh ones into sauce, added red pepper, EVOO and sea salt, and those too were a problem for me. I guess I’m just going to have to go back to canned.

I haven’t tolerated fish oil in 15-20 years. It makes my eczema get much worse immediately.

I have a Nutr Eval test about 6 years ago – said I’m high in Klebsiella and low in Bifidus.

I plan to stay on Oregano oil and complex for at least a month or two, and I may add others like Olive Leaf Extract and GSE.

Ohh for me, the sugar isn’t a problem. Or rather, I think it’s dependent on the type of sugar that poses a problem. It can be really confusing really to pinpoint what I’m reacting to in terms of identifying a pattern sometimes. ATM I’m not following a Candida diet because I want to get tested first, but I am avoiding processed sugars and food intolerances and limiting fruit intake to occasional. But for instance, I can have bananas and even tomato sauce that has added sugars in it perfectly fine but not kiwis, or raw honey and other random fruits/vegetables. I find it interesting how you didn’t react to the canned tomatoes but you reacted to the cooked sauce. It is possible that for you, that you reacted to the sugar content, but are you also able to tolerate all the other ingredients you put into the sauce? Like red peppers for me exacerbate my eczema. I wonder if it’s possible also that maybe you react to the type of tomato? Were the farmers market tomatoes organic as well?

If you want to address the potential Candida, you could try S. Boulardii (unless you’re allergic to yeast).

Lukey

The raw tomatoes I got were very good quality, and at least semi organic. One from one seller tasted the best I’d ever had in a tomato, or close to it. It tested about 6 on refractometer. They say a tomato starts tasting like a tomato at Brix 6.

EVOO, crushed peppers, are all OK with me. Tomato is a fruit.
    For now I’m cutting back to basics and loading up on oil of oregano, Pau D’Arco, GSE, and olive leaf extract for a few months, then back off it to maintenance doses. I’ve had Hep C for 32 years and am also hoping to kill that, and there’s a good chance I will with OOO and OLE.

I chelated mercury with ALA for 2-3 years. Before that, I could eat fruit all day with no issues. The chelating fouled up my GI tract and now I’ve got to fix it.

OOO is great stuff. I brush my teeth in it and take it in many ways.

Lukey

I have a feeling the people here are right, in that I need probiotics, and maybe more than antifungals. I picked up some Renew Life Ultimate Basic today with 15 billion per capsule.

I find this website valuable for basic knowledge of probiotics, antifungals, etc.
    I’ve seen how this info varies from one site to the next but this site seems to have the myth and facts separated.

Paperstars

Lukey;59287 wrote: The raw tomatoes I got were very good quality, and at least semi organic. One from one seller tasted the best I’d ever had in a tomato, or close to it. It tested about 6 on refractometer. They say a tomato starts tasting like a tomato at Brix 6.

EVOO, crushed peppers, are all OK with me. Tomato is a fruit.
    For now I’m cutting back to basics and loading up on oil of oregano, Pau D’Arco, GSE, and olive leaf extract for a few months, then back off it to maintenance doses. I’ve had Hep C for 32 years and am also hoping to kill that, and there’s a good chance I will with OOO and OLE.

I chelated mercury with ALA for 2-3 years. Before that, I could eat fruit all day with no issues. The chelating fouled up my GI tract and now I’ve got to fix it.

OOO is great stuff. I brush my teeth in it and take it in many ways.

The reason why I asked if they were organic was that it seemed to be one of the differences between the canned tomatoes and the ones you bought, that you later cooked. It is possible for sensitive people like us to react to residual synthetic pesticides or something in regular non-organic foods, compared to organic foods. I am just speculating however, but I’ve read and experienced myself that I don’t react to organic strawberries but my eczema flares up when I consume regular strawberries. I don’t seem to have this problem with other foods though like bananas. However, strawberries were on a report for one of the ‘dirty dozen’ with the most residual pesticides. And I don’t think strawberries are a GMO item, so I don’t think they are genetically different which is causing the reaction, but perhaps what chemicals are in the soil and in the synthetic pesticides makes the difference.

It’s interesting that you mentioned mercury chelation but it made you worse? :/ I’m sorry to hear that!

For me personally, if I find out I have Candida which also implies gut dysbosis, I would hold off on natural antifungals because they are also antibacterial and I don’t want to kill anymore of the good bacteria. I would go straight for nystatin and a systemic antifungal if S. Boulardii doesn’t work.

Lukey

Hi,

Chelating 2-3 years did my head a lot of good but it loused up my GI tract. I think it probably killed off some of my good bacteria because oil of oregano, GSE, coconut oil, and garlic seem to have little to no effect on me.

I’m now using probiotics along with the above mentioned anti fungals, but taken 2 hours apart.
    I really want to keep up the oregano to go after a long standing viral infection I’ve had.

Had some beet kvass yesterday, it tasted good but it caused mucus in stools. I may not have fermented it long enough. If it’s done right it’s supposed to be a probiotic food.
    Very frustrating to have these things happen to me. It’s not serious symptoms but it’s frustrating because I have not as of yet been able to put a finger on it. I’m very bored with my diet and would love to expand but this truly isn’t the time to expand. 🙂

Paperstars

Lukey;59403 wrote: Hi,

Chelating 2-3 years did my head a lot of good but it loused up my GI tract. I think it probably killed off some of my good bacteria because oil of oregano, GSE, coconut oil, and garlic seem to have little to no effect on me.

I’m now using probiotics along with the above mentioned anti fungals, but taken 2 hours apart.
    I really want to keep up the oregano to go after a long standing viral infection I’ve had.

Had some beet kvass yesterday, it tasted good but it caused mucus in stools. I may not have fermented it long enough. If it’s done right it’s supposed to be a probiotic food.
    Very frustrating to have these things happen to me. It’s not serious symptoms but it’s frustrating because I have not as of yet been able to put a finger on it. I’m very bored with my diet and would love to expand but this truly isn’t the time to expand. 🙂

Have you tried kefir? Either milk or water kefir? Or Sauerkraut? Those are also good natural sources of probiotics to try if you haven’t.

And I definitely understand your frustrations regarding not having overly serious symptoms that seem to have a control on the quality of our life. I’m not on the Candida diet, but having to avoid foods that cause reactions limits me a lot already to the point where I can’t eat anything at most restaurants or products in stores, unless it’s a whole food like apples. I can’t have anything with gluten which cuts out a lot of food.

Lukey

I seem to do fine on organic Ezekiel sprouted grain bread. Been eating it for years.

I found out last night that Lauricidin / Monolaurin may be my problem. I went on it last Fall and in a few weeks of taking it, it did a lot to improve my mental clarity. After being on it for 4-6 weeks, I had to back off it, it began to cause insomnia. This was the point when it dissolved most lipid virii and then supposedly began to chelate.

I’ve been taking maintenance doses of it ever since, about 300-500 mg daily. Now I have to decide if I should keep taking it, increase it, or quit taking it. It’s chelation properties are probably why I’ve been having more gut issues lately, just as I did when I quit taking ALA for Mercury in 2013.

Yes, I was making water kefir up until June or so, when I thought it may have been a problem for me. I’ve also made milk kefir. I make ferments of veggies often and home made 24 hour yogurt.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tomatoes Make Eczema Worse?’ is closed to new replies.