To raster

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Raster, just a request. I wish you wouldn’t ‘bump’ as many as 15 or more posts to the top of the forum all at one time. We have to go to the second or third page for today’s post in order to answer the truly ‘new’ ones. I can understand bumping maybe one or two if a new member happens to ask about the subject, but don’t you think 15 posts bumped all at one time is just a bit overboard?

Of course it’s also an excellent way to rack up your number of posts all at one time as well, if anyone is interested. Be sure to thank Raster for the idea.

Thanks, Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I can stop doing this if you want; I am just doing it to help others out by getting them the best information in the front instead of 5-25 pages back.

I am not trying to artificially inflate my post # and don’t care about this at all.

I am wondering if everyone else wants me to do this? I have been doing it once a week for about a month.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator

Alright, keep it up if you really think it’s helping that much, but it’s still putting the newer posts back a few pages which is not helping the new members who are posting questions that are important to them. We’ve been posting specific needed links in the posts as we answer their questions, but maybe your way is better. Should we stop suggesting links to the new members since you’d rather keep “all” the posts you think are more significant at the top of the forum?

Like I mentioned, bumping one or two posts is one thing, but more than that, and especially 15 at one time, is bordering ridiculousness.

Able

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

raster wrote: I can stop doing this if you want; I am just doing it to help others out by getting them the best information in the front instead of 5-25 pages back.

I am not trying to artificially inflate my post # and don’t care about this at all.

I am wondering if everyone else wants me to do this? I have been doing it once a week for about a month.

-Raster

I bumped some info now and then. But now I only copy paste the protocol for the new guys as a answer to their posts.

cheers
    Thomas

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Maybe Anna can make another section that contains the most important information like the allowed foods list, protocol, and other statements that are frequently questioned. I noticed that I asked some questions that were already answered because I hadn’t had a chance to read through much of the forum yet. I think I had been on here a few days before I realized that there was a different allowed food list that you recommended instead of the one the website provides. There is a TON of great information you guys have put together!

Maybe when people have a question, they can skim through that section and see if there is anything that can help them before they ask you. That way you don’t feel like you are answering the same questions as much. 🙂

Just a though!

Kirsty

Able900
    Spectator

kirstyk4 wrote: Maybe Anna can make another section that contains the most important information like the allowed foods list, protocol, and other statements that are frequently questioned.

Great suggestion, Kirsty, thanks. Maybe Anna will see it here, but if you want her to see it quicker and give a reply, you could post it under the “New sections in the forum – any suggestions?” in the “Announcements” category.

Thanks again, Able

kirstyk4

Okay! I can do that! 🙂

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Definitely a great suggestion by Kirsty – or else can you move the vital posts to the advice section and keep the discussion/ requests here on the discussion board?

kirstyk4

Sorry no go guys. I like Lucy’s idea if that is possible. I think any way of organizing the information so readers can find it easier would help with the repetative questions.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t think Anna would be willing to put Able’s posts in a special section because it sorta goes against her website some. However I think a good way to organize these posts would be to do some kind of index…sorta like below:

Allowed foods list:

Protocol:

Die off dangers:

Grape bitters:

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator

Lucylu wrote: Definitely a great suggestion by Kirsty – or else can you move the vital posts to the advice section and keep the discussion/ requests here on the discussion board?

Good idea, Lucy. How about this; Raster and I take each of the ‘advice’ articles we’ve written and post them all in the “Advice” category … which perhaps we should have done to start with, but I think we’re both just used to posting in the General Discussion area because that’s where all the regs go it seems. One good thing about that category is that there are 696 less posts in there than in the General Discussion. Information should be easier to find, as long as the visitors go in there – which they should if they’re looking for advice.

Able

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘To raster’ is closed to new replies.