Tired but Wired

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Tired but Wired

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jameskep 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Hey folks,

I keep getting a kind of ‘tired but wired’ feeling. I am currently under assessment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), and have found that the tired but wired feeling is very common to CFS. For me it often manifests as a whole body energy that can’t go anywhere, or it feels like an odd kind of nervous excitement. Sometimes it can be difficult to distinguish from an anxiety or stress reaction, but other times it stands out as a sort of aching of my energy systems. I can’t really do anything with this energy as I am still utterly exhausted and it is quite uncomfortable.

I was wondering if any of you experience anything similar or if this really is a bit of evidence that perhaps I fall into the CFS camp?

Thanks, amigos!

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Hi Cheesey —

I am under the belief that an infestation of candida, overworked liver in general will cause CFS. Get rid of toxins, heal your gut and chances are you will feel much more balanced.

In terms of your question, I wouldn’t doubt you don’t fall in the CFS camp, but I prefer to say it sounds like you just need to heal your body.

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

I’ll post here what I just posted in a thread by Mrs C about fatigue. This is the post:

“I used to have the same kind of fatigue. When it was at its worst, I couldn’t stay asleep for longer than an hour and a half–sometimes even an hour was a stretch. I’d wake up sweating with my heart pounding. I could never sleep past 3am. During the day I was too tired to do anything but too wired to sleep. I was a completely anxious zombie.

What helped me most was a lot of detox. The wake-ups are often caused by a toxic liver. An over-burdened liver cannot produce enough glycogen and so cannot keep the body functioning. To keep the body functional, the adrenals have to inject increasing amounts of cortisol (which wakes you up). Over time this wears out the adrenals. This is the body in survival mode.

I believe my liver and kidneys were totally bogged down in candida byproduct (this was before I started on the diet). Using NAC 3x/day, Alpha Lipoic Acid, milk thistle, dandelion and artichoke helped immensely. It also helped with my migraines. With the NAC it’s also important to take it with 100mg of vitamin C, selenium and vitamin E for it to be absorbed fully.

Within a month I went from sleeping an average of 3.5 hours per night to 6.5 and more than this I went from being completely useless in the day to being able to actually being able to hold down some work.

I don’t know what to say about your fatigue and the S. Boulardii specifically, but I’d say if you can notice a swing in the fatigue that quickly, the fatigue probably has more to do with your liver and kidneys being burdened by candida byproducts and you might just need to make sure you’re taking everything you can to get that junk out of your body.”

I’ll add, I did a saliva test, and no surprise, my adrenals were literally off the chart when I woke up at 3am, and would plummet for the rest of the day.

I was totally non-functional at this point. It was around Christmas. I was constantly at the edge of anxiety, without sleep, totally zonked. I was emotionally breaking down. I would cry for hours.

The thing was, while my adrenals were suffering, they themselves weren’t the problem. As you know, this is a candida issue. While I am no expert, and wouldn’t claim to be, what really helped me was the detox stuff. I would wager that your adrenals are fried because your kidneys and your liver can’t keep your system clean. Helping them out as much as possible, it’s amazing actually how fast your adrenals can come back–though this is admittedly much harder when you’re adding to the load with antifungals and die-off.

Hope that helps.

Cheesey

goingnatural;41479 wrote: Hi Cheesey —

I am under the belief that an infestation of candida, overworked liver in general will cause CFS. Get rid of toxins, heal your gut and chances are you will feel much more balanced.

In terms of your question, I wouldn’t doubt you don’t fall in the CFS camp, but I prefer to say it sounds like you just need to heal your body.

Fingers crossed that you’re right. My issue is that I have an added complicating factor in that about 9 months ago I came down with a virus akin to Epstein Barr from which I have still not properly recovered. My glands are still inflamed and when I get dragged down the same old EBV-esque symptoms occur. I think altogether I am probably closer to the CFS camp than most and it might not be as simple as saying its just candida. Hopefully, though, my current protocol can bring me back into balance enough to recover my health generally.

approximately_me;41482 wrote: I’ll post here what I just posted in a thread by Mrs C about fatigue. This is the post:

“I used to have the same kind of fatigue. When it was at its worst, I couldn’t stay asleep for longer than an hour and a half–sometimes even an hour was a stretch. I’d wake up sweating with my heart pounding. I could never sleep past 3am. During the day I was too tired to do anything but too wired to sleep. I was a completely anxious zombie.

What helped me most was a lot of detox. The wake-ups are often caused by a toxic liver. An over-burdened liver cannot produce enough glycogen and so cannot keep the body functioning. To keep the body functional, the adrenals have to inject increasing amounts of cortisol (which wakes you up). Over time this wears out the adrenals. This is the body in survival mode.

I believe my liver and kidneys were totally bogged down in candida byproduct (this was before I started on the diet). Using NAC 3x/day, Alpha Lipoic Acid, milk thistle, dandelion and artichoke helped immensely. It also helped with my migraines. With the NAC it’s also important to take it with 100mg of vitamin C, selenium and vitamin E for it to be absorbed fully.

Within a month I went from sleeping an average of 3.5 hours per night to 6.5 and more than this I went from being completely useless in the day to being able to actually being able to hold down some work.

I don’t know what to say about your fatigue and the S. Boulardii specifically, but I’d say if you can notice a swing in the fatigue that quickly, the fatigue probably has more to do with your liver and kidneys being burdened by candida byproducts and you might just need to make sure you’re taking everything you can to get that junk out of your body.”

I’ll add, I did a saliva test, and no surprise, my adrenals were literally off the chart when I woke up at 3am, and would plummet for the rest of the day.

I was totally non-functional at this point. It was around Christmas. I was constantly at the edge of anxiety, without sleep, totally zonked. I was emotionally breaking down. I would cry for hours.

The thing was, while my adrenals were suffering, they themselves weren’t the problem. As you know, this is a candida issue. While I am no expert, and wouldn’t claim to be, what really helped me was the detox stuff. I would wager that your adrenals are fried because your kidneys and your liver can’t keep your system clean. Helping them out as much as possible, it’s amazing actually how fast your adrenals can come back–though this is admittedly much harder when you’re adding to the load with antifungals and die-off.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input! I’ve had an adrenal stress profile done via multiple saliva samples taken at specific points throughout the day. Though none of the results were ‘ideal’, all but one were in the normal range. The one that wasn’t in the normal range was only just out. What I actually found was that my DHEA was elevated. I’m not too sure what that means, to be honest, as I haven’t had the follow up appointment with my ND yet. However it doesn’t look like adrenals are playing much of a role. Or, at least, we certainly can’t account for my level of fatigue using the sole explanation of adrenals.

***RANT***
    I think I’m just reaching a certain degree of frustration here. At no point have I felt like my candida is anything like anyone else’s. The only stomach issues I’ve had in my life have been generally fleeting or in the first 2 weeks of the candida diet. Other than that, I can generally eat what I want without my stomach complaining. Its the fatigue, my throat swelling, feeling spaced out and anxiety that will tell me I’ve done something wrong. Moreover, I’ve now got this other ‘tired but wired’ symptom that doesn’t really seem to echo anyone else’s experience on the diet. I keep reading things on the internet about how ‘die-off will be over in 2 weeks at most’ etc., but I’ve been feeling like shit for 13 weeks now. At least before I started this diet I could ride my bike, go running and see my friends properly. A good day now is managing to walk more than a mile and then have enough energy to stay out of bed for the rest of the day. I have seen improvement, but only relative to the first couple of weeks of the diet. Other than that I am still well below my level of pre-diet function.

I’d be so much more secure and comfortable in my current state if I knew what I was doing was ultimately going to be effective, or if there wasn’t swathes of contradictory and largely speculatory information about every possible aspect of human health out there.
    /rant

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Cheesey;41489 wrote:

Hi Cheesey —

I think altogether I am probably closer to the CFS camp than most and it might not be as simple as saying its just candida. Hopefully, though, m current protocol can bring me back into balance enough to recover my health generally.

I actually didn’t say it was just candida. What I was saying is as you reduce your toxic load, heal your gut (GI system/liver), and you will most likely feel much more balanced.

Anyways, no one likes being sick. Keep your chin up and hang in. All the best in your journey towards healing.

Cheesey

goingnatural;41490 wrote:
    Anyways, no one likes being sick. Keep your chin up and hang in. All the best in your journey towards healing.

Thanks!

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

Cheesey;41489 wrote: Thanks for the input! I’ve had an adrenal stress profile done via multiple saliva samples taken at specific points throughout the day. Though none of the results were ‘ideal’, all but one were in the normal range. The one that wasn’t in the normal range was only just out. What I actually found was that my DHEA was elevated. I’m not too sure what that means, to be honest, as I haven’t had the follow up appointment with my ND yet. However it doesn’t look like adrenals are playing much of a role. Or, at least, we certainly can’t account for my level of fatigue using the sole explanation of adrenals.

***RANT***
    I think I’m just reaching a certain degree of frustration here. At no point have I felt like my candida is anything like anyone else’s. The only stomach issues I’ve had in my life have been generally fleeting or in the first 2 weeks of the candida diet. Other than that, I can generally eat what I want without my stomach complaining. Its the fatigue, my throat swelling, feeling spaced out and anxiety that will tell me I’ve done something wrong. Moreover, I’ve now got this other ‘tired but wired’ symptom that doesn’t really seem to echo anyone else’s experience on the diet. I keep reading things on the internet about how ‘die-off will be over in 2 weeks at most’ etc., but I’ve been feeling like shit for 13 weeks now. At least before I started this diet I could ride my bike, go running and see my friends properly. A good day now is managing to walk more than a mile and then have enough energy to stay out of bed for the rest of the day. I have seen improvement, but only relative to the first couple of weeks of the diet. Other than that I am still well below my level of pre-diet function.

I’d be so much more secure and comfortable in my current state if I knew what I was doing was ultimately going to be effective, or if there wasn’t swathes of contradictory and largely speculatory information about every possible aspect of human health out there.
    /rant

Well, you have my empathy. Since week 2 I haven’t seen much improvement either–though my die-off seems only to increase and I follow the protocol to the letter. The brain fog renders me totally useless. I get ridiculous die-off from taking anything and yet my symptoms or my thrush seem to go nowhere. I’m hoping the undenoic acid I ordered (which gets here today) will help tip the scales.

Also, my DHEA was really high too. I always meant to do some research to see if there was a connection between that and the candida. Honestly though, I’m assuming that it’ll right itself by treating the infestation. Also, just because the samples are in the normal doesn’t mean they’re in your normal, or perhaps they got you on a ‘normal’ day. Either way, you know your body. What I’ve learned from this whole mess is to stop listening to the doctors who tell me I’m perfectly fine when I know I’m not and how to start really listening to my own body. It knows what’s going on and it lets you know if you listen.

Stay strong.

Cheesey

approximately_me;41494 wrote:

Well, you have my empathy. Since week 2 I haven’t seen much improvement either–though my die-off seems only to increase and I follow the protocol to the letter. The brain fog renders me totally useless. I get ridiculous die-off from taking anything and yet my symptoms or my thrush seem to go nowhere. I’m hoping the undenoic acid I ordered (which gets here today) will help tip the scales.

Also, my DHEA was really high too. I always meant to do some research to see if there was a connection between that and the candida. Honestly though, I’m assuming that it’ll right itself by treating the infestation. Also, just because the samples are in the normal doesn’t mean they’re in your normal, or perhaps they got you on a ‘normal’ day. Either way, you know your body. What I’ve learned from this whole mess is to stop listening to the doctors who tell me I’m perfectly fine when I know I’m not and how to start really listening to my own body. It knows what’s going on and it lets you know if you listen.

Stay strong.

Thanks, AM. It’s nice to know that others are going through similar experiences. Just when I think I might be making progress, something sets me back. I think this time it might have been fairly severe emotional distress. All last week I felt everything had just been building and building until it finally came out and I was just a bit of a wreck. I’m slowly recovering from that now but stabilising feels like a slow process. I know my body has had too much as my tonsils and adenoids are nice and toxic/swollen again.

Honestly I don’t think adrenal fatigue does describe me. I don’t have insomnia (other than these past few nights) and actually getting up and out of bed on waking is one thing I can do fine. Having said that, obviously I should continue to support my entire system through rest and relaxation in the same way that I would if I was trying to focus on healing my adrenals.

Onwards and upwards, as they say.

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

Hi there,
    Tired but wried used to be my life for many years! Doctors tried to tell me i was crazy and stressed and gave me enough anti-anxiety drugs to kill a horse. : /

You are not alone. It is an awful awful feeling. Candida is bad. Just bad I tell ya!

Hang in there and I would be happy to help you in your journey as well
    Take care…
    : )

Cheesey

Julia;41506 wrote: Hi there,
    Tired but wried used to be my life for many years! Doctors tried to tell me i was crazy and stressed and gave me enough anti-anxiety drugs to kill a horse. : /

You are not alone. It is an awful awful feeling. Candida is bad. Just bad I tell ya!

Hang in there and I would be happy to help you in your journey as well
    Take care…

It’s really nice to hear that someone else experiences this. Sometimes its only mild but other times I feel very unsettled indeed.

What ultimately gave you relief from the feeling? Do you know what was causing it?

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

I have no doubt in my mind…100% positive it was candida.

Once I was detoxed and cured it melted away and i felt the most amazing calmness I have ever felt in my life. My body could relax and it lost this constant tension like feeling (and exhaustion), sleep became so incredibly comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud and waking feeling rested instead of waking during the nights and in the morning in some sort of panic state where my muscles and body felt like they were in a fight or flight reaction. It really is exhausting!
    I could then easily tell the difference btw regular life stresses and adrenal reactions caused by candida. Most of all I could really reassure myself that i wasn’t crazy as many doctors tried to tell me for years : D

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Certain nuts or seeds used to make me tired then wired. Chemical sensitivities, gut aggravations, and die-off would make me wired in the night. I have to occasionally supplement with melatonin to tone down the occasional wired feeling at night. Sometimes with the chemical sensitivities I have to take an anti-histamine to tame down the reaction. I’ve learned to be careful what I eat or take at night.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tired but Wired’ is closed to new replies.