Tip of Penis tingles/itches in 6 yr old boy

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Tip of Penis tingles/itches in 6 yr old boy

This topic contains 88 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Lippygirl 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

According to what I read from Alletess Lab, less than 100 is normal. So, the test is negative.

There is only one more test I can advice. Candida Delayed Hypersensitivity on Skin. If this test is positive, I doubt he has a persistent yeast overgrowth that doesn’t respond to a systemic drug treatment, at least it be a very resistant yeast species such as candida krusei, glabrata, etc.

Jorge.

KikiH
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 29

dvjorge;56082 wrote: I have some questions for you.

Does he has intestinal issues ?? Does he react to any food or has known allergies ??

There are two very important things here. We need to discover if he has a hidden intestinal yeast overgrowth causing the immune suppression that doesn’t allow the penis to heal.

One thing that helps is to know about a history of taking antibiotics repeatedly.

Candida persists on the mucosal tissue when the immune system and the antagonistic bacterial flora aren’t controlling it.

There are minor intrinsic immune defects that causes it. However, most cases are caused by an acquired immune problem sometimes caused by the intestinal yeast overgrowth, sometimes caused by immune suppressors such as mercury, sometime both.

If he has an intestinal yeast overgrowth, it has to be eliminated to cure a persistent intracellular candidiasis. Yeast in the intestines manipulate the immune system suppressing cell-mediated immunity. It means the same organism is what causes the immune suppression one time it growths in the intestines. There are also underlying factors causing it in some cases.

I think any Allergist can test him for Delayed Hypersentivity on skin. This is the most important test in my opinion since it will tell you if he react to the antigen or not. If there isn’t reaction, it means the immune system is paralyzed. We expect a reaction to the antigen, an immune response against the offender.

I will check the immune complexes test to see the acceptable ranges.

Jorge.

Jorge, Yes he does have food allergies and on a previous test in July last year his overall IgE was 259 (should be <90 ). His Eosinophils at that time were 16% but recently were down to 10% (possibly removing gluten and adding more probiotics). So basically his immune system is overactive. We have a very solid diet and avoid all known allergens (dairy, soy, peanut, tree nut and gluten). He doesn't eat fast food, food colorings, candies, soda, etc, etc. He eats what I cook which is organic, non-gmo, grass fed beef, uncured meats, etc. etc. Fruit is the biggest obstacle. Stick mostly to apples and berries.

He does not seem to have major intestinal issues like cramping, constipation, diarreah, etc. However, he does have gas and obviously gut issues because of all of the food allergies. He doesn’t get white patches on skin or mouth or tongue. Its really hard to say if its yeast but what else could be causing such irritation at the tip of his penis but something in the genital tract. Then again all tests come back no yeast except for one test last year by Diagnos-tech that reported “yeast-many” under the Ova & Parasites, x3 (stool) section of the test results. Do you think kidney stones could be causing sensitivity in the genital tract?

He did have antibiotics i believe 2 or 3 times but years apart. The last time when he was 3.5 years old and had Strep. The onset of the penis issue and the mouth ulcers that he had for 6 weeks happened shortly after his 5th birthday. Which was about 5 weeks after he had Roseola. I initially thought that the mouth ulcers were a result of having Motrin. With Roseola he had high fever for a week and for a couple days I was alternating between Tylenol and Motrin. After reading the horrible effects of Motrin, he has never had it again. Not that Tylenol is great either but seems to be the lesser of two evils.

Regarding the strep and antibiotics usage, on his GI Effects test the “Predominant Bacteria” report is hard to understand but the one thing I noticed is that the Streptomyces spp. is much higher than the rest. Wondered if this was related to antibiotic usage or something.

KikiH

dvjorge;56085 wrote: According to what I read from Alletess Lab, less than 100 is normal. So, the test is negative.

There is only one more test I can advice. Candida Delayed Hypersensitivity on Skin. If this test is positive, I doubt he has a persistent yeast overgrowth that doesn’t respond to a systemic drug treatment, at least it be a very resistant yeast species such as candida krusei, glabrata, etc.

Jorge.

“I doubt he has a persistent yeast overgrowth that doesn’t respond to a systemic drug treatment, at least it be a very resistant yeast species such as candida krusei, glabrata, etc.” I’m not sure what you mean by this. Just to confirm, he has never been diagnosed as having any yeast issues and therefore has never been treated with drugs. However, because of other bacteria he was on a program of Grapefruit Seed Extract for about 3 months.

dvjorge
    Participant

KikiH;56088 wrote:

According to what I read from Alletess Lab, less than 100 is normal. So, the test is negative.

Jorge.

“I doubt he has a persistent yeast overgrowth that doesn’t respond to a systemic drug treatment, at least it be a very resistant yeast species such as candida krusei, glabrata, etc.” I’m not sure what you mean by this. Just to confirm, he has never been diagnosed as having any yeast issues and therefore has never been treated with drugs. However, because of other bacteria he was on a program of Grapefruit Seed Extract for about 3 months.

I didn’t know he hasn’t been treated for yeast overgrowth with a systemic drug. I thought he didn’t respond to a systemic antifungal drug.

A systemic antifungal drug is necessary when yeast go intracellular and deep inside the tissues. Topical treatments DON’T work when people experience an intracellular penile yeast infection. It must be an effective systemic antifungal drug to cure it.

When yeast go intracellular (very common after treated with topical creams) there isn’t swap or superficial test that can detect it. It must be a biopsy and microscopic analysis to detect the yeast cells. Can you imagine a penile biopsy ?? I won’t do it to my son. The best thing you can do is to ask for a treatment trial. You can explain to his Dr yeast are deep in the tissues and can not be detected with a swap collection. The fact that his Dr may not know about it doesn’t mean he may negate the treatment. The only solution for it is a systemic drug. He may respond to it perfectly and eliminate it. He needs a proper dosage according to his weight and age. Lowering the dosage doesn’t help. Proper and for long enough effective treatment.

Jorge.

dvjorge
    Participant

KikiH;56087 wrote:

I have some questions for you.

Does he has intestinal issues ?? Does he react to any food or has known allergies ??

There are two very important things here. We need to discover if he has a hidden intestinal yeast overgrowth causing the immune suppression that doesn’t allow the penis to heal.

One thing that helps is to know about a history of taking antibiotics repeatedly.

Candida persists on the mucosal tissue when the immune system and the antagonistic bacterial flora aren’t controlling it.

There are minor intrinsic immune defects that causes it. However, most cases are caused by an acquired immune problem sometimes caused by the intestinal yeast overgrowth, sometimes caused by immune suppressors such as mercury, sometime both.

If he has an intestinal yeast overgrowth, it has to be eliminated to cure a persistent intracellular candidiasis. Yeast in the intestines manipulate the immune system suppressing cell-mediated immunity. It means the same organism is what causes the immune suppression one time it growths in the intestines. There are also underlying factors causing it in some cases.

I think any Allergist can test him for Delayed Hypersentivity on skin. This is the most important test in my opinion since it will tell you if he react to the antigen or not. If there isn’t reaction, it means the immune system is paralyzed. We expect a reaction to the antigen, an immune response against the offender.

I will check the immune complexes test to see the acceptable ranges.

Jorge.

Jorge, Yes he does have food allergies and on a previous test in July last year his overall IgE was 259 (should be <90 ). His Eosinophils at that time were 16% but recently were down to 10% (possibly removing gluten and adding more probiotics). So basically his immune system is overactive. We have a very solid diet and avoid all known allergens (dairy, soy, peanut, tree nut and gluten). He doesn't eat fast food, food colorings, candies, soda, etc, etc. He eats what I cook which is organic, non-gmo, grass fed beef, uncured meats, etc. etc. Fruit is the biggest obstacle. Stick mostly to apples and berries.

He does not seem to have major intestinal issues like cramping, constipation, diarreah, etc. However, he does have gas and obviously gut issues because of all of the food allergies. He doesn’t get white patches on skin or mouth or tongue. Its really hard to say if its yeast but what else could be causing such irritation at the tip of his penis but something in the genital tract. Then again all tests come back no yeast except for one test last year by Diagnos-tech that reported “yeast-many” under the Ova & Parasites, x3 (stool) section of the test results. Do you think kidney stones could be causing sensitivity in the genital tract?

He did have antibiotics i believe 2 or 3 times but years apart. The last time when he was 3.5 years old and had Strep. The onset of the penis issue and the mouth ulcers that he had for 6 weeks happened shortly after his 5th birthday. Which was about 5 weeks after he had Roseola. I initially thought that the mouth ulcers were a result of having Motrin. With Roseola he had high fever for a week and for a couple days I was alternating between Tylenol and Motrin. After reading the horrible effects of Motrin, he has never had it again. Not that Tylenol is great either but seems to be the lesser of two evils.

Regarding the strep and antibiotics usage, on his GI Effects test the “Predominant Bacteria” report is hard to understand but the one thing I noticed is that the Streptomyces spp. is much higher than the rest. Wondered if this was related to antibiotic usage or something.

A hyperactive immune system is very common with leaky gut and overgrowth of intestinal pathogens.

Leaky gut and food allergy trigger a Th2 immune response. This means hyperactivity in the Th2 compartment but doesn’t mean the Th1 branch be normal. Cell-mediated immunity is our protection against intracellular pathogens such as candida. People with chronic yeast overgrowth have an hyperactive Th2 response and an under-active Th1 response. When one of them is hyperactive the other is suppressed.

Eliminating the allergens and pathogens is important to repair the gut lining, so is increasing the anaerobic colonic flora.

The fact that one test showed multiple yeast in stool is a good indicator of an unbalanced colonic flora.

Increasing the anaerobic lactic acid bacteria will decrease candida spores. There is only one Prebiotic to my knowledge that can do it fast. Lactulose.!

Lactulose increases colonic anaerobic bacteria faster than anything, specially indigenous Bifidos species. This increment will reduce candida spores considerable since lactic acid bacteria produce anti-yeast by-products such as acetic, lactic, and butyric acids. They lower the intestinal Ph antagonizing the yeast growth. It is also effective against pathogenic bacteria and streps. Candida can associate to streps and cause a dual infection. I have read about some cases in medical papers.

I will try this Prebiotic in his case. You need an script in US but can be bought freely in UK, Brazil, Russia, etc. Lactofiltrum is its name oversea. It is a mild laxative and stool softener. This may correct the colonic unbalance without nothing else.

Until more you learn good information, you will be better prepared to find the solution.

Please, read this PDF carefully. See how Lactulose decreses candida colonization increasing Bifidobacterium species.

http://lactose.ru/present/3Stepan_Kiselev.pdf

Jorge.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

From my experience with strept…they can prescribe all of the antibiotics they want but it will always come back unless you address the digestive problems. This needs to be addressed just as much as candida does in my opinion.

Additionally, my ND thinks that anyone who has candida on the penis means they have candida in their kidneys. As far as I know, there isn’t any testing to determine this. I wanted to mention this in case he fights this for years and you don’t know why its not getting better, etc. or cured.

-raster

KikiH

dvjorge;56089 wrote:

Jorge.

I didn’t know he hasn’t been treated for yeast overgrowth with a systemic drug. I thought he didn’t respond to a systemic antifungal drug.

A systemic antifungal drug is necessary when yeast go intracellular and deep inside the tissues. Topical treatments DON’T work when people experience an intracellular penile yeast infection. It must be an effective systemic antifungal drug to cure it.

When yeast go intracellular (very common after treated with topical creams) there isn’t swap or superficial test that can detect it. It must be a biopsy and microscopic analysis to detect the yeast cells. Can you imagine a penile biopsy ?? I won’t do it to my son. The best thing you can do is to ask for a treatment trial. You can explain to his Dr yeast are deep in the tissues and can not be detected with a swap collection. The fact that his Dr may not know about it doesn’t mean he may negate the treatment. The only solution for it is a systemic drug. He may respond to it perfectly and eliminate it. He needs a proper dosage according to his weight and age. Lowering the dosage doesn’t help. Proper and for long enough effective treatment.

Jorge.

The problem is at this point I don’t have anything clearly telling me he has an intracellular yeast problem or any yeast problem at all. He has not been treated with topical creams. We haven’t really had any treatment for yeast other than probiotics and Grapefruit Seed Extract (which was given for other bacteria and not yeast really). What I do know is that he is Homozygous for C677T (and everything that goes along with it), He tests positive for ANA 1:80titer, his body shows oxidative stress and has low Carbon Dioxide (17)so it is possible that the penis issue is related to any number of things.

Is it common to do a DHT in the absence of any yeast diagnosis or prior treatment at all? Will they think I’m nuts? Am I better off just trying the prebiotic to you mentioned? He recently did not tolerate MindLinx probiotic which the new doc prescribed. It gave him frequent stools, gas and itchy butt. I suspect it was the FOS in it. He’s never had that before and I believe it fed the bad bacteria; maybe yeast. He was on it for almost 4 weeks. The itchy butt started in about 4 days. We’ve been off it now for two weeks but still has itchy butt. This makes me think yeast but i don’t know for sure. Very confusing.

KikiH

raster;56093 wrote: From my experience with strept…they can prescribe all of the antibiotics they want but it will always come back unless you address the digestive problems. This needs to be addressed just as much as candida does in my opinion.

Additionally, my ND thinks that anyone who has candida on the penis means they have candida in their kidneys. As far as I know, there isn’t any testing to determine this. I wanted to mention this in case he fights this for years and you don’t know why its not getting better, etc. or cured.

-raster

The odd thing is that there is no physical sign of anything ever on the tip of his penis. No rash, no white yeasty anything. Is this possible? When I google “yeast and Penis” it’s not very pretty!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

So does your son only complain of burning urination but there isn’t anything visible on the skin (like rash, etc?)

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant

KikiH;56094 wrote:

Jorge.

Jorge.

The problem is at this point I don’t have anything clearly telling me he has an intracellular yeast problem or any yeast problem at all. He has not been treated with topical creams. We haven’t really had any treatment for yeast other than probiotics and Grapefruit Seed Extract (which was given for other bacteria and not yeast really). What I do know is that he is Homozygous for C677T (and everything that goes along with it), He tests positive for ANA 1:80titer, his body shows oxidative stress and has low Carbon Dioxide (17)so it is possible that the penis issue is related to any number of things.

Is it common to do a DHT in the absence of any yeast diagnosis or prior treatment at all? Will they think I’m nuts? Am I better off just trying the prebiotic to you mentioned? He recently did not tolerate MindLinx probiotic which the new doc prescribed. It gave him frequent stools, gas and itchy butt. I suspect it was the FOS in it. He’s never had that before and I believe it fed the bad bacteria; maybe yeast. He was on it for almost 4 weeks. The itchy butt started in about 4 days. We’ve been off it now for two weeks but still has itchy butt. This makes me think yeast but i don’t know for sure. Very confusing.

Without any visible penile symptom such as redness, inflammation, or burning, it is difficult to associate it to a yeast infection. Even the residual intracellular yeast infection cause visible symptoms. He may have a bacterial urethritis.
    On the other hand, you can request the DHT to be sure he responds to candida antigen.

The Prebiotic is great since he has intestinal symptoms and records showing yeast in stool. I will do it. This is better than any pharmaceutical probiotic.

Jorge.

KikiH

raster;56096 wrote: So does your son only complain of burning urination but there isn’t anything visible on the skin (like rash, etc?)

-raster

Actually no burning on urination either. A year ago he broke out in terrible mouth ulcers, never had them before. They would heal on one side of the inner cheeks and then erupt on the other side. This cycle lasted for 6 weeks. The same time the mouth ulcers started he started complaining that the tip of his penis had a “pinching” feeling. It is relieved by him pinching the tip of it. There were times where it would bother him so much that he would be in distress if he couldn’t get to it to pinch it (like sitting in the car seat and wearing blue jeans). We had two trips to a Urologist and nothing. I would try to get him to not do it for just 5 minutes while we played. He couldn’t. It’s like having a terrible itch and not being able to scratch it.

On a few occasions over the past year he will have a spell of frequent need to urinate (could last a few days). When he does, there’s only a small amount of urine but it can happen every 10 minutes or so. Generally he will have another issue somewhere else like a rash on his ankles or something. Once I learned that he tests positive for ANA I wondered if this is some sort of auto immune issue although I cannot find anyone with these symptoms. He also does not have diabetes so its not that. Back then he had a few urine tests and no UTI was found. Even had a sonogram. The Urologist finally concluded that it must be something systemic. Stemming from whatever caused the mouth ulcers and other rashes. This was before we knew he would test positive for ANA. At the advice of an ND we went on a GF diet last May. It’s been good for all of us but did not affect the penis issue at all.

We’ve also recently learned he has a Methylation issue which is in this thread. So a few months back I started wondering if it could be yeast and posted the question here. There was one person who said their Candida issues started with a penis tingling. I’m just looking for the cause of this thing.

dvjorge
    Participant

KikiH;56104 wrote:

So does your son only complain of burning urination but there isn’t anything visible on the skin (like rash, etc?)

-raster

Actually no burning on urination either. A year ago he broke out in terrible mouth ulcers, never had them before. They would heal on one side of the inner cheeks and then erupt on the other side. This cycle lasted for 6 weeks. The same time the mouth ulcers started he started complaining that the tip of his penis had a “pinching” feeling. It is relieved by him pinching the tip of it. There were times where it would bother him so much that he would be in distress if he couldn’t get to it to pinch it (like sitting in the car seat and wearing blue jeans). We had two trips to a Urologist and nothing. I would try to get him to not do it for just 5 minutes while we played. He couldn’t. It’s like having a terrible itch and not being able to scratch it.

On a few occasions over the past year he will have a spell of frequent need to urinate (could last a few days). When he does, there’s only a small amount of urine but it can happen every 10 minutes or so. Generally he will have another issue somewhere else like a rash on his ankles or something. Once I learned that he tests positive for ANA I wondered if this is some sort of auto immune issue although I cannot find anyone with these symptoms. He also does not have diabetes so its not that. Back then he had a few urine tests and no UTI was found. Even had a sonogram. The Urologist finally concluded that it must be something systemic. Stemming from whatever caused the mouth ulcers and other rashes. This was before we knew he would test positive for ANA. At the advice of an ND we went on a GF diet last May. It’s been good for all of us but did not affect the penis issue at all.

We’ve also recently learned he has a Methylation issue which is in this thread. So a few months back I started wondering if it could be yeast and posted the question here. There was one person who said their Candida issues started with a penis tingling. I’m just looking for the cause of this thing.

Why not to put him in a 15 days Fluconazole treatment ?? The worst scenery is it doesn’t resolve it. But, if there is a yeast infection, probably it will correct it.

Jorge.

GGS
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hi KikiH,
    My 4 years SON has same issue, we tried all possible way in last 6 months. Went to doc many times but nothing is helping out.
    It would be great if you can share your final outcome, what was an issue and how it got fixed. Hope your son is doing well now.

Appropriate your help in advance.

Lippygirl
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Hi there, I have a grandson that does the same, he has been on so many antibiotics and steroid creams for Eczema that his immune system is weak, but I also have researched Oxalates. Oxalates are to blame for many things especially inflammation, itching, kidney stones, bed wetting, vulvodynia, decreased vision or other eye sight problems and not being able to lose weight. Oxalates are part of the plant especially leafy green veges that protect the plant from insects. Try not to use, potatoes, any berries, spinach,beets, rhubarb, chocolate, buckwheat, quinoa, almonds or any nuts and seeds or their flours. I am just learning about how the body can rid itself of oxalates, but cutting down on consumption is best. I recommend everyone become conversant with oxalates.

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Tip of Penis tingles/itches in 6 yr old boy’ is closed to new replies.