Tip of Penis tingles/itches in 6 yr old boy

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Tip of Penis tingles/itches in 6 yr old boy

This topic contains 88 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Lippygirl 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author

KikiH
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 29

impossible;54046 wrote: Awesome! All that should paint a better picture of what his body is doing and could pinpoint some problems. The OAT is awesome and that is one of the better stool tests. There isnt a perfect stool test, but that one is pretty good. Keep in mind that MTHFR is only one of the gene’s that if mutated can cause problems, and at that they probably only tested 677 and maybe 1298 (1298 doesnt really mess up the cycle), 3 can be worse than those. Homocysteine can be an indicator, but it surely doesnt rule out methylation problems.

The delayed hypersensitivity test can be important, even if the tests dont show candida (jorge will be able to give the best response on the effectiveness of those tests, he is by far the best studied person on candida I have seen, doctors included) because a negative response can be an indication of immune malfunction, and not necessarily just against candida, but in general.

You’re on the right track.

It’s about 2 more weeks before all of the tests come back but i called yesterday and talked to the nurse about setting up the appointment. In our discussion she told me that the blood labs were back and that he did have one gene C677T. We didn’t discuss it further. I’ll go over it all with the doc in 2 weeks. I know they were testing homocysteine also but I didn’t think to ask about that. I’m just going to wait for everything to come in.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Not surprised. If thats the only gene they tested, you can get ALOT more awesome data on the methylation cycle and much more with the raw data from a 23andme test for $99. It can help alot with supplementation and treatment, both with making progress and avoiding possible problems.

Dont forget, its a genetic thing, theres a good chance you and/or your husband could benefit from supplementation too. Alot of moms of autistic children implement some of those therapies and supplements for themselves and the rest of their families with a surprising amount of success.

KikiH

impossible;54476 wrote: Not surprised. If thats the only gene they tested, you can get ALOT more awesome data on the methylation cycle and much more with the raw data from a 23andme test for $99. It can help alot with supplementation and treatment, both with making progress and avoiding possible problems.

Dont forget, its a genetic thing, theres a good chance you and/or your husband could benefit from supplementation too. Alot of moms of autistic children implement some of those therapies and supplements for themselves and the rest of their families with a surprising amount of success.

My husband and I are discussing ordering the 23andme as well. We haven’t met with the doc yet. Wouldn’t the 1298 mutation have showed up on this test? I thought that’s what she meant when she said “one of them”.

impossible

impossible

Google “my genetics-how i recovered”

check that out, look at how many genes affect methylation alone, plus all the other stuff

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

I’ve been following Eric’s blog for some months now. Would you recommend any of the websites he mentions for interpreting the raw genetic data, Impossible?

impossible

SueSullivan;54533 wrote: I’ve been following Eric’s blog for some months now. Would you recommend any of the websites he mentions for interpreting the raw genetic data, Impossible?

The panel he references is the mthfrsupport.com, it is the same thing as Sterling’s App. It is the most useful and comprehensive panel to date, that im aware of. I dont think any better exist. It is $20, but its worth it.

KikiH

impossible;54476 wrote: Not surprised. If thats the only gene they tested, you can get ALOT more awesome data on the methylation cycle and much more with the raw data from a 23andme test for $99. It can help alot with supplementation and treatment, both with making progress and avoiding possible problems.

Hey there!

Well it was worse than i thought. He has two copies of c677T. So here we go. Learning all we can about this stuff. In his case he has low homocysteine (2.6). We are going to order the 23andme test for all 4 of us(I have a daughter from a previous marriage) but we are wondering if it would be better to work with Dr. Yasko for my son and just order her test for him and the other for us. What would you do?

From what I read last night the supplementation the doc prescribed looks pretty adequate. It’s a good place to start anyway. Based on the Organic Acid Test and low Carbon Dioxide on blood labs, Doc says he’s dealing with Acidosis. Is this a common thing with methylation issues? Also, still testing positive for ANA; titer 1:80. Is this common with methylation or just another issue?

THANK YOU so much for your help!

impossible

Sorry for not responding quickly, I was out of town for a few days. I’ll have some time this evening.

impossible

Homozygous MTHFR 677 can be a big deal, 70% loss of enzyme function. That can create some major problems.

Yasko doesnt work directly with patients anymore. She stopped doing that some years ago and uses a different approach now, to be able to reach more children. She does the research and legwork, then uses various means to educate the parents, or whatever advocate is involved, and everyone as a community gives guidance through the forum. She will still look over tests ordered through her and give interpretations. The 23andme raw data run through geneticgenie or mthfrsupport will provide results on almost all of the genes tested by Yasko’s panel. Honestly, getting the methylation protocol down is the easy part. There are other things that are typically done first to increase positive results and decrease negative results of methylation support. The first priority is to clean up the gut and minimize food reactions. Natural antimicrobials, probiotics and a clean, low-fermentable, anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense diet are the first order. Get the gut and food reactions & inflammation in check. http://www.amazon.com/Toxic-Immune-Syndrome-Cookbook-Hypo-Allergenic/dp/0963649108/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393891123&sr=8-1&keywords=toxic+immune+cookbook . There is a possible CBS mutation that is seen ALOT in the sick crowds. This is an upregulation that results in lowered homocysteine & glutathione and elevated levels of ammonia, sulfites, and sulfates. It is also a “first priority” mutation that involves a sulfur free diet and the supplementation of molybdenum and/or yucca root if necessary. Turmeric can also help increase glutathione and is antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory. CBS is included in the 23andme derived panels.

Does he by chance have “greasy” stool, bumpy skin, or a history of cradle cap? What else did the organic acids test show?

Autoimmunity is a dysregulated immune response or response to an intracellular pathogen or one that expresses surface proteins that are similar to a human cell in combination with shoddy, not specific enough antibody production. The prolonged inflammatory response caused by an immune system that is too weak to rid of pathogens or that is reacting to other things it shouldnt fuels the process. One large cause of poor antibody production is what we refer to as “Th2 dominance”. In this admittedly oversimplified model, the immune systems regulating effects are greatly dimished. This can be caused by poor methylation status, lowered glutathione, heavy metal burden (you would be surprised how much metals can accumulate in someone even with no apparent bad exposures, if they cant detox it), or other inherited tendencies and can be made worse by many different bugs, some of the typical bad ones include hhv, lyme, and mycoplasma, though there are many others. Another huge cause of loss of immune regulation is caused by a possible mismanaged response to certain toxins, the greatest source of these by far are toxic mold and lyme disease. About 25% of the population are genetically susceptible to this. This can be tested for and should be one of your next moves. Texas is actually one of, if not THE, worst states for toxic mold. Many mold sensitive people say they have to entirely avoid the entire state period. Dr Shoemaker is the pioneer doc in that field and many docs follow his protocol. There is alot of info on this. survivingmold.com

I could load you up with enough reading that could relate to your son to last you years lol. Start with my methylation simply explained page on this forum and watch the methylation simplified videos on youtube. There are another couple videos that walk through an interpretation that are good to watch. Then move on to Dr Yasko’s Pathways to Recovery. It is available online. I printed mine out top make referencing and highlighting easier and recommend doing that if you can, but that was alot of pages and in the printable format that I got with her panel results.

Your first focuses for now should be on the gut & diet, any active infections, getting any awry physiological and nutrient factors straightened out, and lowering inflammation as much as possible before throwing anything at him that could result in increased inflammation, which includes a methylation protocol. Tapering up methyl sup’s very slowly from a VERY low starting doseage can also negate alot of the bad inflammatory effects.

impossible

I just reread your first posts, I think he is going to come back positive for an ACAT mutation. I would be surprised if he didnt. Me and Tdogg (I hope he still is anyways lol) are studying this one (or trying to anyways) in hopes of coming up with some of our own treatment possibilities, though there is limited info available. Acidosis is common with ACAT, as is cradle cap, greasy fatty stool, and sometimes bumpy skin.

What are his mood and behaviors like the last couple years?

Do you have any silver fillings?

KikiH

impossible;53402 wrote: You said what I was thinking, it sounds like he is carrying some sort of virus, most likely hhv. Have you had a viral panel ran yet? Immune suppressing virus’s create the perfect immune conditions for a fungal overgrowth also.

It might be worth it to check out the methylation symptoms/conditions page too. Theres a link to it in one of the stickied pages. Alot of toddlers/children with those types of issues have problems in that area of the physiology.

Hey Impossible,

Can you tell me how to request a “viral panel”? What labs offer that? And what this will confirm. I’m still highly suspicious of HHV6 since he had this 5 weeks before his problems started. Also, over the past year since this began, he will occasionally get a random bump on his upper or lower lip and seems to coincide with other rashes. He’s been tested for HSV 1 & 2 and is negative. His penis still tickles/tingles and has become dry at the tip from a year of pinching it! Ugh! Also, his pinky toes continue to itch periodically. Oh, and one pinky toenail is thicker than the rest and a little yellow , i know this has to be fungus.

Also, within a few days after the new doc started my son on a new probiotic called MindLinx, he had a reaction. He started having bowel movements 3-4 times a day. At first I thought this was good, maybe clearing stuff out. But he also started having a lot of gas and THEN the itchy butt started and has continued now for 6 weeks!!!! Some of the gas was pretty stinky and some not. The stool was not formed, probably a function of the gas. Initially, he had a rash that went up the crack of his buttocks that was itchy as well and broken from scratching. After taking him off the probiotic (he was on it for about 4 weeks into it) the rash on the crack has cleared up (but is still pink)however, the anus is still itchy and has irritation inside. Not sure if its some sort of small hemorroid or just a tear from the scratching.

I researched that probiotic and I suspect is was the FOS in it. So in my mind the FOS fed something, probably yeast. Although his Organic Acid Test and GI Effects test said NO yeast. Confusing!!! Does this sound like Yeast to you? I think I had the yeast under control and the FOS fed it and it multiplied. Also, trying to find someone who administers the CANDIN test; I’ll have to ask Jorge about that that.

KikiH

impossible;54962 wrote: I just reread your first posts, I think he is going to come back positive for an ACAT mutation. I would be surprised if he didnt. Me and Tdogg (I hope he still is anyways lol) are studying this one (or trying to anyways) in hopes of coming up with some of our own treatment possibilities, though there is limited info available. Acidosis is common with ACAT, as is cradle cap, greasy fatty stool, and sometimes bumpy skin.

What are his mood and behaviors like the last couple years?

Do you have any silver fillings?

I’m just seeing these responses from you. I never got an email. Anyway, Yes he definitely had cradle cap, it was yucky and thick. Don’t think so on the fatty stool but can’t say for sure. He does have KP and when he was a baby there was a time that his entire trunk was very bumpy. I slathered him in California Baby Calendula Cream until it finally when away! I had never seen anything like that before. The skin on my thighs have always been bumpy and I don’t sweat much. I thought it was a clogged pore issue.

I don’t have silver fillings, they were removed many years before he was born. However, I have more root canals than I care to count. :0( I have thought about metal testing for him. Problem is, with his methylation so screwed up, we couldn’t detox if we wanted to!!

Hard to say on mood, he’s always been had a contrary personality. But he can be the most loving sweetie pie to. He has plans to marry me when he gets older. 🙂 He does well in school and doesn’t have any emotional issues except for bossing us around. lol! However, having a tingling penis and pinky toes, itchy rashes and NOW and itchy butt probably makes him a little more irritable. I know it’s stressing me out for sure!

KikiH

dvjorge;54047 wrote: Alletess Candida panel
    Organic Acid Test (Organix Comprehensive Profile – Genova Diagnostics)
    GI Effects Comprehensive Profile – Genova
    CPL lab blood draw to include: MTHFR (L), metobolic panel, lipid panel, ANA, CBC, CRP – high sensitivity, Ferritin, Homocysteine, Iron, T3 Free, TSH, Vit D.

**********************************************************************************************

These are good tests but not my preferred to detect a chronic candida problem.

Candida antibody panel (IGE, IGM, IGA, IGG) is a test detecting a humoral immune response which isn’t too much implicated during a mucosal yeast overgrowth. Most probably it will be negative or slightly positive if an allergic reaction to candida is present.

Organic Acid Test in urine can show metabolic yeast by-products in urine when an overgrowth is present in the intestines. There are some of these metabolites only produced by yeast. If there isn’t a significant intestinal overgrowth, this test won’t show anything. Anyway,it is a valuable test. We will see the results.

GI Effects (cdsa) is an excellent test but not a definitive tool to rule out an intestinal yeast overgrowth. Candida is an intracellular pathogen able to penetrate our cells and tissues.
    Stool tests, even the most advanced, aren’t effective detecting an intestinal yeast overgrowth.

My favorite tests to confirm mucosal candidiasis are Delayed Sensitivity Test on skin and Candida Immunecomplexes in blood. These two are what says the last word.

If someone suspects having an intestinal yeast overgrowth, the best test is Candida Immunecomplexes in blood (currently only done by Genova Lab) Why ?? Because when candida growth in the intestines, it releases fragments of its cell wall during the growing phase, those fragment are soluble and able to reach the bloodstream where they are seen as antigens by our humoral immune response. Immediately, an active antibody binds with every single candida antigen circulating in our blood. The test analyzes the blood under a microscopic, and an skilled technician detects these immunecomplexes (bond between antibody/antigen) present in the blood. There isn’t way you have a fungal intestinal overgrowth without having yeast fragments of complement circulating in the blood.

The other test, one very important, is the Delayed Sensitivity Test on skin. It is a simple test where an Allergist applies candida albicans antigen on the skin with a light scratch. Then, they cover the area. You have to come back to the Allergist’s office to read the test after 48 hours. If the test shows positive ( an increase in redness and inflammation ) you have a proper cell-mediated response to candida albicans. This is what is expected after the antigenic provocation. If the skin isn’t irritated, inflamed, and red, your immune system is tolerating the presence of candida on the skin. In other words, it doesn’t combat it.

This test is extremely valuable to know there is a hidden immune suppressor or acquired cell-mediated immunity deficiency that allows candida to colonize our mucosal areas. Maybe an immune defect, mercury, deficient methylation, or any other thing.

This isn’t complicated but people need education. The web is plagued with myths and mistakes.

Jorge.

Jorge,

How do I find someone who administers the CANDIN test or similar? Now that I’ve gained a better understanding of what you’re talking about it makes more sense. I am curious though, since my son tests positive for Auto-Immune Disorder and has previously reported a depressed SIgA, would that indicate at TH1 issue already or would the CANDIN test tell us something different?

You also recommended a test by Genova Labs which I know my functional MD can order. Is this just as good as the CANDIN test? It would be easier for me to get the Genova Test since he’s familiar. For whatever they’re worth, here’s the results of the Alletess Candida test. If these results change your opinion on which test I should do, please let me know.
    Alletess Results:

Candida Albicans: IgG 42, IgA 18, IgM 75
    Immune Complex: 60

Also, On the Organic Acid Test there wasn’t any abnormal yeast but this was reported under “Bacterial – General”: Hippurate – HIGH; Phenylacetate – HIGH; and Indican – HIGH. Not sure if those mean anything to you.

Thanks so much!

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

I have some questions for you.

Does he has intestinal issues ?? Does he react to any food or has known allergies ??

There are two very important things here. We need to discover if he has a hidden intestinal yeast overgrowth causing the immune suppression that doesn’t allow the penis to heal.

One thing that helps is to know about a history of taking antibiotics repeatedly.

Candida persists on the mucosal tissue when the immune system and the antagonistic bacterial flora aren’t controlling it.

There are minor intrinsic immune defects that causes it. However, most cases are caused by an acquired immune problem sometimes caused by the intestinal yeast overgrowth, sometimes caused by immune suppressors such as mercury, sometimes both.

If he has an intestinal yeast overgrowth, it has to be eliminated to cure a persistent intracellular candidiasis. Yeast in the intestines manipulate the immune system suppressing cell-mediated immunity. It means the same organism is what causes the immune suppression one time it growths in the intestines. There are also underlying factors causing it in some cases.

I think any Allergist can test him for Delayed Hypersentivity on skin. This is the most important test in my opinion since it will tell you if he reacts to the antigen or not. If there isn’t reaction, it means the immune system is paralyzed. We expect a reaction to the antigen, an immune response against the offender.

I will check the immune complexes test to see the acceptable ranges.

Jorge.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Tip of Penis tingles/itches in 6 yr old boy’ is closed to new replies.