Tinned Tomato Puree

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Tinned Tomato Puree

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Carb voyeur 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Carb voyeur
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 15

Hello!

Very new to this. I’m currently on the cleanse part (I’m doing Option 3, but for 2 weeks, to compensate for not doing the irrigation or the… you know… starving myself…). I’m 11 days in.
    I’ve been having steamed greens every morning for breakfast, but to keep it interesting for myself, and to insert a little Cayenne into my diet, I’ve been making a raw tomato sauce to put on it. Just a little tinned tomato puree (No Citric Acid, it’s Roma brand, just tomato and salt), a little sea salt, pepper, a little cayenne (I lashed it in one morning. That was a very abrupt wake up!), and a teensy bit of apple cider vinegar, mixed in with cold water, and put over the hot veg.

It’s actually very tasty and fills me up nicely for the morning, but I was just wondering if at all sounds ok to the Candida experts?

It’s all going well so far, although I had to drop a few things during the week. (Are salted cashews alright? It’s not on your Don’t List, but I suspect anything that delicious has to be delicious to fungus as well…. I dropped it just in case.)

Anywho, this has turned into a very long post. Very happy to find a resource like this!

Carb voyeur

Oh, also, is it ok to eat organic probiotic sugar free yoghurt during the cleanse, or should I save it for Stage 1?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Generally I don’t like to advocate canned foods of any type. However, if you’re using a small amount of the puree and receiving no reaction from it, I suppose using it once or twice a week woudn’t be too harmful, hopefully.

Nuts should be left out of the detox period and for as long as possible afterwards.

I believe I addressed your yogurt question on your other post:
    “After about three weeks from starting the detox/diet, and depending on how you’re doing at the time, you could try testing organic non-sweetened Greek yogurt.”

Able

Sharon
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

I am no expert. I am two weeks on the diet. But from what I gather, the reason why canned tomatoes are not okay is due to the citric acid. If there isn’t any in there than sounds to me like problem solved. However, I try to stay away from canned products because the cans are coated with BPA, which is a harmful chemical – but also chemicals can disrupt your friendly bacteria and allow the Candida yeast to flourish (according to this website).

Carb voyeur

Ah, I see. That is a good point. Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tinned Tomato Puree’ is closed to new replies.