Time and money for Candida diet.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Time and money for Candida diet.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AlfonsoCowley 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tiffany
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I’m having a hard time trying to follow this diet due to the expenses it seems to incur as well as how much time preparing food takes up.

I’m 24, I work about 60-65 hours a week (about 10-11 hour days, six days a week), my commute to work is about an hour. Time is limited for me. I just don’t have the time to come home after work and spend 1 hour+ making a meal, let alone doing that 3 times a day.

It’s also extremely costly. I work a lot and I love my job, but I don’t make that much money right now. On top of paying rent, bills, student loans, etc I literally cannot afford to dish out money for some of this food. I can hardly afford a regular carton of eggs on a normal week, let alone an organic one which is suggested.

So far I’ve been eating a lot of eggs, a bit of chicken, and a loooot of quinoa. But if I stick to just these things EVERY day I’m going to go insane. I coupon like crazy, always have, but that doesn’t help that much with the cost of some of this more expensive food.

It also doesn’t help that a lot of the food on the “allowed” list I can’t stand. I’ve tried to get past some of my dislikes, but I have sensitive taste buds and I’m not sure how to really do it. (For example, avocados literally make me gag). And honestly I refuse to force myself to eat crap I don’t like because what is the point of living if you’re not enjoying it? Eating food I hate everyday is definitely not enjoying it.

Basically what are some quick/easy meals that are also very low cost?

This has been super frustrating for me. Cutting out certain food and sugars doesn’t seem to be nearly as difficult as being able to actually afford to eat in this situation.

PeteSake
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 36

I understand your frustration and you can only do what you can do. Remember, really the most important things to have are antifungals, low/no sugar, and probiotics (and prebiotics to feed them).

If you have a hard time with the diet I would make a few suggestions, 1 make sure you have a multivitamin, you don’t want to be malnourished, and 2, try not to eat so much animal meat and eggs. At least not everyday. The ammonia created by them in the colon just make a more ideal environment for Candida to thrive.

With that being said, as for your question, I find salads are pretty cheap when you have a nice variety of veggies in the salad and only small amount so of each at the same time. Salads aren’t really meant to fill you up but to provide it of nutrition so salads don’t need to be large – this extends how long the veggies will last.

If you have a hard time getting full, I find that foods like buckwheat, teff, sunflower seeds to be quite filling while still being cost effective.

As for quick and easy and cheap meals I haven’t really found that either but I do know that if I pre cut some veggies and cook a decent pot of buckwheat/teff or whatever, then I can have something to microwave real quick in the moment. And a salad takes me about 5-10 minutes to prepare.
    Of course, pre-hard boiled eggs make a quick and easy snack or something to enhance the meal.

Also, I would say it depends on what stage you are in or how severe your infestation is..
    Mine is pretty severe, I have oral thrush so anything I eat with even small amounts of sugar tend to feed the thrush instantly.. however when it comes to my gut candida, the large amounts of probiotics have seemed to get that in check pretty quick.

Lastly I would also say, and I’m sure nobody wants to hear this, but for the sake of my diet I have learned to cut other things out of my life to be able to have more money towards my recovery, but again it depends on the severity and symptoms..

I hope this helps.

4alarm
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

If you have parasites too, the meat and eggs wont do you much good. You should be eating mostly raw vegetables. Avoid all meat, dairy (including yogurt and kefir), and grains for at least 2 weeks.

Its cheaper and faster to eat raw veggies like celery or spinach. Dont forget the olive oil, it really helps the flavor and fills you up and helps absorb more nutrients and kills the baddies.

I cook some veggies like brussel sprouts and green beans asparagus, only because they are difficult to eat raw, but even then its only 20 minutes.

The main purpose of the food is to supply you with energy and keep the bowels moving while you are taking dozens of supplements and antifungals/antiparasitics, celery especially good for scrubbing the GI tract, last thing you want to do is add more parasites from the animal products.

Meat, dairy and grains can feed parasites, which can can make it difficult to fight the candida. (they like protein)

I’m no expert, but once you see parasites/candida coming out of you, you will have no problem sticking to a veggie diet for a while.

Also simply eating less is a good strategy to save money and heal at the same time! Think intermittent fasting.

Good luck!

AlfonsoCowley
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I can understand your problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Time and money for Candida diet.’ is closed to new replies.