Thrush (vaginitis) and hormone imbalance – any ideas/thoughts?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Thrush (vaginitis) and hormone imbalance – any ideas/thoughts?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hannah101
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the topic of hormone imbalance and chronic thrush (vaginitis).

I have taken anti-fungals for over 6 months now (plus followed the anti-candida) diet. I have had no other candida symptons apart from chronic thrush for 3 years. I did have a stool test which came back with no candida overgrowth. Also, i can take a high level of natural anti-fungals with no die-off symptons (GSE, oil of oregano, black walnut hulls, berberine) (although flucanzole did give me extreme palpitations and lethergy but no effect on the thrush).

My thinking is that as candida can feed off estrogen in the vagina, then maybe I have a hormone imbalance and until I fix this then my candida will not go away?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Good to know people’s thoughts?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One thing that could be occurring is that you have yeast in your kidneys. Antifungals can’t reach the yeast in the kidneys. My naturopath feels that anyone who has yeast problems with their sexual organs then they have yeast in their kidneys.

The stool tests do not test whether their is candida in specific organs.

-raster

Hannah101

Thanks Raster – never heard of antifungals not reaching the kidneys? Did you natropath recommend how to clear candida from the kidneys? Will diet alone work in this respect?

raster
    Participant

No it won’t kill the yeast in your kidneys unless you can get your body to naturally become pH neutral which is a very difficult task. You could talk to yisucks about his program but it essentially involves stabilizing your pH and slowly cleaning out the yeast in your kidneys with specific pleo homeopathic remedies (which are acids that destroy yeast).

Have you tried SF722 undecenoic acid yet or any other fatty acids?

-raster

Hannah101

Ah, interesting. I was going to try SF722, but advised that it can’t get past the GI tract. My stool test did come back that I was too alkaline – so, there may be something in that – although I thought that probiotics would help balance out the ph in the intestines? Certainly worth giving SF722 a try.

When you say fatty acids, what else would you suggest?

Many thanks for your help!

Hannah

raster
    Participant

Fatty acids prevent the yeast from attaching to your mucousal membranes. It also causes the yeast to go from its pathogenic form to its non-pathogenic form. If you look at the reviews online, it has helped many people with their yeast infections.

I would also look at HMF neuro and megaflora for probiotics.

-raster

Hannah101

Thanks Raster. Just read the review of SF722 and it does have an affect on vaginal flora and I can see the benefit of taking fatty acids. I’ll give this a go.

Probiotics – I take two healthy origins a day but will look at Megaflora.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Hannah101;50193 wrote: any experience with the topic of hormone imbalance.

Yes, mine got all fowled up when making many mistakes (causing further toxicity) along my “candida healing journey”, yet I’m a rather extreme case. So, I’ve tried DHEA along with my evening “supplements/vits/mins/etc.” and it seems to have helped me “feel better” what ever that may mean. Remember, both men and women have estrogen and testosterone and CRC which we discuss here can and does put the body out of balance in so many ways (thus, raster always pushing alternative methods to ‘help the body get back into proper alignment’) it’s not uncommon for hormones to be effected.

Also, there’s so many different hormones released within the endocrine system anyway, it’s a long list of hormones which “control” most body actions (metabolism, digestion, enzymes, et al). That I felt it was worth a try. I may even give it another “bottle” go around considering it’s been part of what’s been helping me get from a summer basically spent horizontal (added rx antifungal on top of what I was already doing…..ouch! talk about die off!), I’m just “happy” to be somewhat vertical again, just in time for the winter!!!! lol

Hannah101;50193 wrote:
    I have taken anti-fungals for over 6 months now (plus followed the anti-candida) diet. I have had no other candida symptons apart from chronic thrush for 3 years. I did have a stool test which came back with no candida overgrowth. Also, i can take a high level of natural anti-fungals with no die-off symptons (GSE, oil of oregano, black walnut hulls, berberine) (although flucanzole did give me extreme palpitations and lethergy but no effect on the thrush).

My thinking is that as candida can feed off estrogen in the vagina, then maybe I have a hormone imbalance and until I fix this then my candida will not go away?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Good to know people’s thoughts?

flucanzole (Diflucan) is the Rx antifungal my doc finally gave me after a year of “hinting” I wanted to try it. However, it’s for systemic fungal infections whereas something like Nystatin from my understanding stays within the GI and not as effective on systemic fungal infections (unless it’s able to kill off the major candida yeast colonies within the GI track). I’m on about month 5 approx and went through a MAJOR die off period best left un-discussed however, I figure it’s going to take at least 12 to 18 months on the flucanzole before I stop. I’m on 100mgs and there’s two more higher dosages we can stair step as my body can handle but, it’s dealing with so many “free radicals” I’m completely drained of antioxidants. Doc tested me in his office and commented, “that’s the lowest ‘value’ I’ve ever seen” on this new device/computer thingy. Better GO SLOW, just like the coconut oil, etc……

Let me ask you a question – do you still have your tonsils?

without further information I would suggest OIL PULLING and then gargling with sea salt, I mean really gargling which will help get rid of some of the coconut oil as well. Then, brush your teeth and TONGUE (may even consider using a scraper or, I use my “sonic”tooth brush which works wonders with getting as much bacteria out of your mouth as possible while brushing your teeth. SIDE NOTE: don’t spit the oil pulling into the sink, only the coconut oil saliva. Then, using tepid room or slighly above room temp h2o, open up say a 30 billion 10 strain count capsule of probiotics and stir to mix in….then start gargling away again! Only, this time don’t worry too much about swallowing some of the liquid: it’s all GOOD BACTERIA which all the above has set the stage to receive WHERE you are having your issues. Might even consider taking a MUCH higher dosage of say like a 100 billion 34 strain count capsule along with this GOOD PROBIOTIC concoction. ……..

GSE and heavy antifungals are good however, they do contain antibiotic properties, strong antibiotic properties so, you are kind of spending money on probiotics only to kill them off with the strong natural antifungals.

Blessings……I’d like to help where I can so, lemme know if you have any Q’s however, I”M NO EXPERT, only another fellow sufferer whose healing journey in many ways has only just begun!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Thrush (vaginitis) and hormone imbalance – any ideas/thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.