Thrush and Sinus gunk…YUCK!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Thrush and Sinus gunk…YUCK!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Tomsgal 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Tomsgal
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

So here is my story…sorry this is long…

About five years ago I had a candida infestation. It took awhile to get rid of with diet/supplements/anti-fungals. My problems then were very bad – including leaky gut, anxiety, sinus, mild oral thrush, nerve/muscle problems, and extreme paranoia –I wouldn’t even drive. After that episode, I continued on a healthy diet limiting sugars, etc and also continued with daily probiotics and garlic.

Now – it’s back due to antibiotic usage from a blocked saliva gland and subsequent infection and had to have oral surgery so antibiotics there too. My main problems this time were/are oral thrush (cheeks and tongue), itchy ears with drainage, mild digestive issues (bloating/gas), adult “diaper rash” (had it tested and it was yeasty, but no full blown vaginal yeast infection), and sinus issues, some lightheadedness/somewhat off balance feeling (assume from ear issues), foul taste in mouth, dry mouth/lips (also sticky). The sinus issues seem to be dictating everything. Lots of mucus and “globs” of nasty yellowish/brownish mucus that will drain down the back of my throat. So lots of trying to get the stuff out and swallowing – leading to dry mouth. I also wear an appliance on lower teeth for TMJ. Like a night guard only wear it 24/7.

I have been on the restricted diet for about 4 months with anti-fungals, probiotics, and other vitamin supplements. I was on a couple of rounds of Nystatin which took care of the cheek thrush. Also took a couple of doses of Fluconazole for the “diaper rash”. Most of the symptoms have subsided. The die-off was there but not severe. When rotating the anti-fungals, I would get die off once at the beginning then nothing after that until I switched.

I went to the ENT in December (who treated the saliva gland issue) and told him about the ear/sinus issues and showed him Candida test results. He put me on Terbinafine for a month (have a few days to go on that). The sinus issues have subsided from that but still linger – mostly in the morning – clearing it out – but do continue throughout the day with smaller mucus “globs”. I also do a nasal rinse 2x day with a product called Alkalol with a few drops of grapefruit seed extract in the solution. Seems to help clear the “gunk” out.

I did have several blood work/urine/stool tests done in November. Here are the results:
    C. Albincans IGG – 0.7
    C. Albincans IGA – 2.0 -says in the high range
    C. Albincans IGM – 0.6

Stool samples – No Salmonella or Shigella, No enteric Campylobacter, No ova or parasites
    No mercury, lead, arsenic detected.
    Creatinine – 35.2 mg/dL (don’t know what this is) Says that in range is 20-320
    Vitd d – 54.40

Of course the doctor said all were “stable”.

Shortly after these tests, I was raking leaves for two days – some places were wet. Big mistake. I even wore a face mask and the sinus problems flared up big time.

I recently went to a Naturopathic doctor. She was very extensive on my symptoms. I am 52 menopausal and taking BHRT. She did say a lot of the symptoms could be hormone related BUT knowing that candida is a problem could be that too.
    This is what she recommended:

Rinse mouth with grapefruit seed extract couple times a day (seems to keep it at bay), also clean/soak mouth guard with it.

I have also used grapefruit seed extract on the diaper rash – instant relief and its gone. I will continue to use it daily to keep it away. Also soak all panties in it before washing them.

Culturelle probiotics – 2x daily for 2 weeks, then 1 daily I was taking various probiotics with many strains and up to 50 billion count. I will try her recommendation but think I will probably switch.

Milk Thistle
    Vitamin C

A product called Bio-Vegetarian (3 caps 2x day) – for immune support – contains:
    Vitamin A (palmitate) 10,000 IU
    Vitamin C 500 mg
    Vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine HCl) 15 mg
    Magnesium (amino acid chelate) 15 mg
    Zinc (gluconate) 15 mg
    Bioflavonoids (citrus) 500 mg
    Echinacea angustifolia (root, seed, freeze-dried root) 455 mg
    Myrrh (resin) 200 mg
    Zingiber (Ginger root) 100 mg
    Capsicum (Cayenne) 65 mg
    Allium sativa (Garlic) 200 mg
    Berberis vulgaris (Barberry, bark of root 4:1 extract) 200 mg
    Berberis aquifolium (Oregon Grape 6:1 extract) 200 mg
    Grapefruit seed extract 150 mg
    Other Ingredients:
    Dicalcium phosphate.

Also something called Lycopodium clavatum 30C for gas/bloating.

I take Garlic capsules, eat tons of coconut oil and take digestive enzymes. I have rotated olive leaf, grapefruit seed extract, SF 722, oil of oregano. Currently finishing up the round of Terbinafine.

My diet is restricted –although I have tried different foods and nothing seems to irritate/bother me. I drink plain unsweetened organic kefir most days. Eat plain greek yogurt. I have tried quinoa/brown rice on occasion with no problems. I have had apricots and a few blueberries (with the oat bran) – no problem. I eat lots of chicken, veggies, salads, olive oil, some nuts/seeds (including nut butters) (no peanuts or cashews), tried many of the approved flours/meals, made pumpkin muffins and stevia. No food seems to exacerbate the problems. I also eat grass-fed beef from a local source. I know beef is listed as a no-no but I did eat it the first time I had this problem. And not a fish eater at all. I have tried peas, carrots and yams – no problems.

After all that, my symptoms are some occasional gas/bloating, dry mouth (not as bad), some sinus mucus drainage, ears are better but still some stuffiness but can drain and “pop” them now, have a ringworm like dry patch on my shin – it showed up after raking leaves in November (using grapefruit seed on that and seems to be getting better), foul taste (assuming from sinus drainage at back of throat that I have to cough,spit out), still have the thrush on tongue mostly in the back. All of these things seem to be getting better but I feel I am at a stand still. I have energy – not at levels I want though – I am a camper/hiker. I have no trouble sleeping. I have lost about 10-15 lbs and now weight about 110-115 and I don’t want to lose any more. Not that I don’t like fitting into those skinny jeans and look good!! 🙂

I need some input and advice. When can I start adding other foods such as a few bites of fruit? Or maybe some legumes?

The tongue thrush is still there so what exactly does that mean ? Do I have to wait to start adding foods until that is completely gone as well as the sinus issues? Should I take another round of Terbinafine?

It seemed to me that the previous time this happened, I just knew when I could add a new food to my diet. This time it is not so clear.

Thank you for any input or advice!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Thrush and Sinus gunk…YUCK!’ is closed to new replies.