Throwing Up all night…reaction to what I ate…Don't read Able :)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Throwing Up all night…reaction to what I ate…Don't read Able :)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jackie2 7 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Yesterday I went to a little get together. Feeling really good. While there I ate about a cup of fresh broccoli and cauliflower dipped in a mexicalli dip (stupid I know) I probably ate 1-2 Tablespoons of this dip. I also ate 5 medium sized strawberries.

Came home and violently threw up for the next 5 hours. Was this due to what I ate…or a quick virus of some sort. This AM I’m sticking to water only and then I’m quite scared to eat anything…any thoughts or suggestions?

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 oz
    Amount per Serving
    Calories 45Calories from Fat 31.5
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 3.5g5%
    Saturated Fat 0g0%
    Cholesterol 0mg0%
    Sodium 0mg0%
    Total Carbohydrate 2g0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g0%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 0g0%
    Est. Percent of Calories from:
    Fat79.7%
    Carbs20.3%
    Protein%
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

…reaction to what I ate…Don’t read Able 🙂

Sorry, Jackie, I’m afraid I’m guilty as charged. It’s good to hear from you, but certainly not for this reason.

One average-size strawberry contains approximately 8 grams of sugar, that means you ingested a total of 40 grams of sugar all in one setting. My guess would be that, if you’ve not been eating sugar on a normal basis, this is what caused you to be so sick. Don’t think for a minute that this isn’t possible if your system isn’t used to sugar laden foods, plus, the Candida had their own party with this much sugar which could have also caused a bad reaction, so it may be a combination of causes. Of course you may also have had an allergy reaction to anything new that you ate.

Any one of these could be the case providing the mexicalli dip wasn’t bad, in which case others would be sick as well.

Hang in there.
    Able

Jackie2
    Participant

Thanks as always Able…I will never learn. Well, I may but it will always be the very hardest way possible. I’m glad I continue making bad choices all in the name of “Able’s research”.

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

Able900 wrote:

…reaction to what I ate…Don’t read Able 🙂

One average-size strawberry contains approximately 8 grams of sugar, that means you ingested a total of 40 grams of sugar all in one setting.

Where do you find your nutrion information Able? I can not find a good website..

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

NadjaB wrote:

One average-size strawberry contains approximately 8 grams of sugar, that means you ingested a total of 40 grams of sugar all in one setting.

Where do you find your nutrion information Able? I can not find a good website..
    Try this site: http://nutritiondata.self.com/

If it’s anywhere near accurate, the strawberries must be pretty big where Able is!

Jackie2
    Participant

I just can’t belive how violently sick I was it is 2:00PM here and I’m still not eating. Not interested in touching anything. I’m so mad at myself. I can’t remember ever being that sick….. I never know what you folks go through because as soon as I eat something bad I have an immediate reaction in my mouth and I know it is not good. Cure…drink kefir…yesterday there was no hope for me. Makes me sad. I really do HATE food. Just saying…..

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

With me it was the better I was doing, the more sensitive to food I became. So Jackie, maybe you are just really on the right track here.

Jackie2
    Participant

Chris24 wrote: With me it was the better I was doing, the more sensitive to food I became. So Jackie, maybe you are just really on the right track here.

Really, the better you got the more sensitive to food you became? Did you throw up?

Interesting. There is no road map for this crap.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am sorry this happened to you jackie. I remember after 3 months on the diet I tried out a green apple. It really hit me hard like it was a drug (aka as sugar). I felt so much energy from it, it was almost overwhelming. Either way, it was a shock to my body and I had an allergic reaction to it. I knew I shouldn’t eat an apple for a long time…and I didn’t for a few more months.

I think the strawberries shocked your body, and your body did not want it at all so it returned the strawberries where they came from.

It is very strange, I haven’t heard of this happening, but I think you could safely say that you are pretty sensitive in general right now.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Javizy wrote: Try this site: http://nutritiondata.self.com/ – If it’s anywhere near accurate, the strawberries must be pretty big where Able is!

Ok, your source says 6 and mine says 8, I also found a source that says 7, so what’s your point? The point is that whether a strawberry contains 6, 7 or 8, the amount was enough to make Jackie sick.

I’ll continue to post the highest number of sugar grams given by different sources for each food because my aim is to make the readers completely aware of the potential dangers of any give food item, not to lessen the possibilities as I don’t see the benefit of doing that. Do you get the point?

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I also would like to throw out there that there is supplements you can take to deal with your sugar sensitivity allergies/problems/woes.

L-Glutamine is one of them, and it heals leaky gut:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutamine

Another one is flavanoids. You can get vitamin C with bioflavanoids (if you don’t want an extra supplement but a replacement), I highly recommend it! Or you can buy flavanoids by themselves. Either way they can address issues with allergies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavonoid

There is hope!

-raster

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Jackie2 wrote:

With me it was the better I was doing, the more sensitive to food I became. So Jackie, maybe you are just really on the right track here.

Really, the better you got the more sensitive to food you became? Did you throw up?

I did vomit and got sick on a small amount of french fries, which normally wouldnt be a problem. This happened the first time I tried to cure candida too. Same with risotto. Also now oatmeal just wrecks my body, where normally it wouldnt be nearly as noticible.

There was a point in my first candida diet where I would only eat brown rice and coconut for days, because those foods did not give me reactions. That is how sensitive I became, and by listening to my body this way (not always), I cured the candida (not the leaky gut) within 2 months. I was awake and alive for 3 days, until I made the mistake of eating white rice. The next day I felt like crap again and I was constipated for a full week. The health didnt come back. I was that sensitive. But being that sensitive to food meant that I was close to good health.

Jackie2
    Participant

Chris24 wrote:

I did vomit and got sick on a small amount of french fries, which normally wouldnt be a problem. This happened the first time I tried to cure candida too. Same with risotto. Also now oatmeal just wrecks my body, where normally it wouldnt be nearly as noticible.

There was a point in my first candida diet where I would only eat brown rice and coconut for days, because those foods did not give me reactions. That is how sensitive I became, and by listening to my body this way (not always), I cured the candida (not the leaky gut) within 2 months. I was awake and alive for 3 days, until I made the mistake of eating white rice. The next day I felt like crap again and I was constipated for a full week. The health didnt come back. I was that sensitive. But being that sensitive to food meant that I was close to good health.

Thanks, It helps knowing someone got ill like I did from the food they ate. I have not touched any type of rice, oatmeal…nothing for 5 months. I have been eating just green food and some coconut bread hear and there. So I have been strict…except a few cheats..like nuts that set me off. Now I’m really scared to go off the beaten track.

Thanks for your advice.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Throwing Up all night…reaction to what I ate…Don't read Able :)’ is closed to new replies.