Three months on the diet and feeling worse, please help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Three months on the diet and feeling worse, please help

This topic contains 60 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Keya 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Hey turkish delight, I think you accidentally posted on an existing thread. You might want to post under “New Topic” if you want to get answers to your questions.

turkishdelight
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

Thank you Kag. Have been looking at this forum for hours today and getting more and more confused with so much information.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

turkishdelight;37291 wrote: Thank you Kag. Have been looking at this forum for hours today and getting more and more confused with so much information.

Just go under general discussion and post your story with a title like you need advice… That will get you started. 🙂

Keya
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

klips32;37261 wrote: How about nystatin? If you can get it..

There’s no Nyastin in my country, but I tried Diflucan (Fluconazole) and Itraconazole many times, but they didn’t work.

I’m not sure wether these prescribed drugs are doing more harm than benefit…What’s your opinion about this?

Keya

Able900;37270 wrote:
    Yes, that’s right. A majority of people with a Candida overgrowth will have parasites as well. This is because they both thrive in the same type of environment.

Do you know if I could take some test to find out what parasites are these?

Able900;37270 wrote: Try to raise this amount very, very slowly to 15 teaspoons a day. You didn’t mention whether or not it’s “virgin” coconut oil.

Able

It’s extra virgin coconut oil.

To sum it all up, my plan is to:
    stop using antifungals
    increase the amount of probiotics (and try to find some better ones)
    buy milk thistle
    few days a week replace meat/fish with buckwheat/oatbran
    slowly increase the amount of biotin and coconut oil

Thanks for all the advice 🙂 I’ll keep posting about the progress.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t necessarily test for parasites because they all mostly get killed the same way…pretty much by starving them and using specific antifungals. If you decide to do stool testing, I would do one that looks at everything in the stool, including parasites. It might cost more.

-raster

Keya

I’m reporting with my progress, I’m doing the following:

Milk Thistle form Solgar (80% Sylimarine) – 2 capsules daily
    Extra virgin cocount oil – 6-8 tablespoons daily (planning to slowly increase)
    Vitamin c – 2000mg
    Biotin – 300mcg – planning to increase
    Probiotics – 48 billion CFU, 8 strains

I stopped with all the antifungulas except for coconut oil, I’m eating meat/fish only few times a week (I’m replacing it with buckwheat).

Still, I’m not feeling well. Very strong itching, bloating and constipation are still present.

Things I’m worried about:

I drink a small cup of coffee (no milk, no sugar) every day because it helps me with very low blood pressure and constipation. It’s literary the only thing that keeps me going on during the day because I feel awful not only because of the die-off, but also because of my low blood-pressure and constipation. Is the coffee the reason I’m not getting better? I have been drinking it only for the past month or so, the other 3 months of the diet I hadn’t drank it.

My probiotics. They have the addition of the B-vitamins. I can’t purchase the probiotics that are as strong as those. I was looking at probiotics with 20 billion CFU and 6 strains – is it enough or should I drink the ones I’m using despite the added vitamin b?

Meat. Sometimes I eat pork or beef (very rarely though). Should I completely avoid it?

Other supplements. Should I take some other supplement (I’m already on a tight budget as it is, so it should be something that is really helpful).

My weight. I’m not losing weight, I’m gaining it! I was always vey slim and never got fat whatever I ate, and now I gained 5kg (11 lbs) while on the diet (in 4 months). I know it’s not normal because all the other people on the forum are fighting how not to lose their weight, so I’m worried.

Local vaginal treatment. Locally I’m using tea-tree oil to relief my symptoms. Not every day, but still. Could it be that it is killing also the good bacterials down there along with the candida? Should I stop using it?

Sorry for the long list of problems, but I’m a complete mess, I also haven’t got my period in 3 months, so one more reason to be worried about the diet. Could the diet be dangerous for my body in any way? I’m scared because of all these things happening to me that didn’t exist before the diet…

Thanks so much for all your help

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Keya;38390 wrote: Sorry for the long list of problems, but I’m a complete mess, I also haven’t got my period in 3 months, so one more reason to be worried about the diet.
    Could the diet be dangerous for my body in any way? I’m scared because of all these things happening to me that didn’t exist before the diet..

You have to realize that not “all these things” happened to you while you were on the strict forum diet. You told us you have been eating meat or fish every day, this is not the way the diet is designed so you’re simply not following the correct diet. I understand that you’ve stated that you’re trying to change that, but this doesn’t change the fact of what you’ve been doing. As I told you in my first post, there are a lot of reasons why you’re not improving and having the problems, and your diet is just one of those reasons, but the forum’s diet is not because it was not the diet you were following. Considering your protocol in the last three months, the infestation may have actually grown a bit instead of shrinking, which could accout for more Candida symptoms, but this doesn’t mean that you can’t put an end to that right now.

Even though you were eating meat or fish every day, you were still destroying some of the Candida with the partial diet and antifungals, so some of your symptoms may be coming from the die-off toxins.

Your biggest problem was your probiotic when you started this thread. You wrote that you now take a 48 billion CFU, 8-strain probiotic; what brand is this? Do you have a link to the exact one you’re taking?

Able

Robin1
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hi Keya – I’m new here and saw your post. I have had candida issues for a loooong time too.
    I was thinking from your low blood pressure symptoms, that you might also have adrenal fatigue. I have the same problem in the morning – it is soooo hard to get going.

I started using herbs to help my adrenals (like licorice which raises blood pressure)(also check in to adaptogenic herbs like siberian ginseng). I tested my cortisol and it’s on the low side. You might want to have yours tested too.

Or just try taking licorice if you know you have low blood pressure (not good for people with high blood pressure).

Also make sure you use high quality coffee. Your coffee could be contaminated with molds.
    The other thing that helps me a lot is taking a small amount of sea salt in warm water twice a day. The adrenals need salt (not table salt which is really bad for you).

Anyway, just an idea. Anyone with a systemic infection probably has adrenal fatigue. Also, what are you taking for your die off symptoms?

Keya;38390 wrote: I’m reporting with my progress, I’m doing the following:

Milk Thistle form Solgar (80% Sylimarine) – 2 capsules daily
    Extra virgin cocount oil – 6-8 tablespoons daily (planning to slowly increase)
    Vitamin c – 2000mg
    Biotin – 300mcg – planning to increase
    Probiotics – 48 billion CFU, 8 strains

I stopped with all the antifungulas except for coconut oil, I’m eating meat/fish only few times a week (I’m replacing it with buckwheat).

Still, I’m not feeling well. Very strong itching, bloating and constipation are still present.

Things I’m worried about:

I drink a small cup of coffee (no milk, no sugar) every day because it helps me with very low blood pressure and constipation. It’s literary the only thing that keeps me going on during the day because I feel awful not only because of the die-off, but also because of my low blood-pressure and constipation. Is the coffee the reason I’m not getting better? I have been drinking it only for the past month or so, the other 3 months of the diet I hadn’t drank it.

My probiotics. They have the addition of the B-vitamins. I can’t purchase the probiotics that are as strong as those. I was looking at probiotics with 20 billion CFU and 6 strains – is it enough or should I drink the ones I’m using despite the added vitamin b?

Meat. Sometimes I eat pork or beef (very rarely though). Should I completely avoid it?

Other supplements. Should I take some other supplement (I’m already on a tight budget as it is, so it should be something that is really helpful).

My weight. I’m not losing weight, I’m gaining it! I was always vey slim and never got fat whatever I ate, and now I gained 5kg (11 lbs) while on the diet (in 4 months). I know it’s not normal because all the other people on the forum are fighting how not to lose their weight, so I’m worried.

Local vaginal treatment. Locally I’m using tea-tree oil to relief my symptoms. Not every day, but still. Could it be that it is killing also the good bacterials down there along with the candida? Should I stop using it?

Sorry for the long list of problems, but I’m a complete mess, I also haven’t got my period in 3 months, so one more reason to be worried about the diet. Could the diet be dangerous for my body in any way? I’m scared because of all these things happening to me that didn’t exist before the diet…

Thanks so much for all your help

Keya

Able900;38411 wrote:

Sorry for the long list of problems, but I’m a complete mess, I also haven’t got my period in 3 months, so one more reason to be worried about the diet.
    Could the diet be dangerous for my body in any way? I’m scared because of all these things happening to me that didn’t exist before the diet..

You have to realize that not “all these things” happened to you while you were on the strict forum diet. You told us you have been eating meat or fish every day, this is not the way the diet is designed so you’re simply not following the correct diet. I understand that you’ve stated that you’re trying to change that, but this doesn’t change the fact of what you’ve been doing. As I told you in my first post, there are a lot of reasons why you’re not improving and having the problems, and your diet is just one of those reasons, but the forum’s diet is not because it was not the diet you were following. Considering your protocol in the last three months, the infestation may have actually grown a bit instead of shrinking, which could accout for more Candida symptoms, but this doesn’t mean that you can’t put an end to that right now.

Even though you were eating meat or fish every day, you were still destroying some of the Candida with the partial diet and antifungals, so some of your symptoms may be coming from the die-off toxins.

Your biggest problem was your probiotic when you started this thread. You wrote that you now take a 48 billion CFU, 8-strain probiotic; what brand is this? Do you have a link to the exact one you’re taking?

Able

I’m currently taking this probiotic: http://www.wolz.de/produkte/darmgesund-fuer-eine-gesunde-darmflora/darmflora-plus-select-dr-wolz.html
    – please note that milliard is really a European billion

I understand I didn’t follow the forum’s protocol from the beginning, it was because I was afraid of the carbs, and without carbs on disposal, I ate meat because I couldn’t live only on veggies the whole time. I am changing that now, of course. Thanks for your help.

Keya

Robin1;38437 wrote: Hi Keya – I’m new here and saw your post. I have had candida issues for a loooong time too.
    I was thinking from your low blood pressure symptoms, that you might also have adrenal fatigue. I have the same problem in the morning – it is soooo hard to get going.

I started using herbs to help my adrenals (like licorice which raises blood pressure)(also check in to adaptogenic herbs like siberian ginseng). I tested my cortisol and it’s on the low side. You might want to have yours tested too.

Or just try taking licorice if you know you have low blood pressure (not good for people with high blood pressure).

Also make sure you use high quality coffee. Your coffee could be contaminated with molds.
    The other thing that helps me a lot is taking a small amount of sea salt in warm water twice a day. The adrenals need salt (not table salt which is really bad for you).

Anyway, just an idea. Anyone with a systemic infection probably has adrenal fatigue. Also, what are you taking for your die off symptoms?

Hi Robin, I’m taking milk thistle for the die-off because I can’t purchase Molybdenum in my country. I’ll try licorice tea and try to give up coffee, thanks for the advice 🙂

Keya

Kag;37285 wrote: I think you probably should raise up anything that is a whole food, like coconut oil and garlic and your probiotics. These are hard for yeast to become resistant too. Good luck sweetie, I know you must be miserable.

Quite miserable to say the least 🙂 thanks for the encouregement 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

Keya;38471 wrote: I’m currently taking this probiotic: http://www.wolz.de/produkte/darmgesund-fuer-eine-gesunde-darmflora/darmflora-plus-select-dr-wolz.html – please note that milliard is really a European billion

Alright, this is 48 billion and nine strains it appears. But you’re still not taking the DDS-1 strain, so you won’t see a substantial improvement until you’re able to take the DDS-1 for at least one round, remain on the diet, take coconut oil every day as well as some of the other supplements.

iherb.com ships all over the word and they have the MegaFlora brand which contains the DDA-1 strain.

You need the 50-billion CFU form.
    http://www.iherb.com/MegaFood-MegaFlora-Plus-60-Capsules-Ice/42557

Able

Keya

Able900;38477 wrote:

I’m currently taking this probiotic: http://www.wolz.de/produkte/darmgesund-fuer-eine-gesunde-darmflora/darmflora-plus-select-dr-wolz.html – please note that milliard is really a European billion

Alright, this is 48 billion and nine strains it appears. But you’re still not taking the DDS-1 strain, so you won’t see a substantial improvement until you’re able to take the DDS-1 for at least one round, remain on the diet, take coconut oil every day as well as some of the other supplements.

iherb.com ships all over the word and they have the MegaFlora brand which contains the DDA-1 strain.

You need the 50-billion CFU form.
    http://www.iherb.com/MegaFood-MegaFlora-Plus-60-Capsules-Ice/42557

Able

I’ll try to get it, but not sure it will pass the customs in my country. Also, I’m worried about this: “International Customers: iHerb is unable to send this product in an iced, insulated package to destinations outside of the United States. Thus, we strongly recommend that you purchase a stabilized form as a substitute.” Is it ok to not be refrigerated?

Able900
    Spectator

Keya;38526 wrote: I’ll try to get it, but not sure it will pass the customs in my country. Also, I’m worried about this: “International Customers: iHerb is unable to send this product in an iced, insulated package to destinations outside of the United States. Thus, we strongly recommend that you purchase a stabilized form as a substitute.” Is it ok to not be refrigerated?

Fortunately it’s winter right now and shipped packages are not normally kept in a warm area anywhere along the line. Make the company guarantee that it’s shipped in the ice packs that they mention, and if you can afford it, you might ask if they offer 3-day air service. If so, this should take care of the probiotic during travel time. If they don’t offer 3-day service, ask how long it would take for the pack to arrive at your address.
    If you do order it, as soon as you receive, store it in the refrigerator.

Can you call the customs department and ask them about the probiotic passing?

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Three months on the diet and feeling worse, please help’ is closed to new replies.