Three months on the diet and feeling worse, please help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Three months on the diet and feeling worse, please help

This topic contains 60 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Keya 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author

Keya
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

I’ve been suffering from vaginal candida for several years, and have never been able to get rid of it. I’ve been on the forum protocol for three and a half months, and I am still experiencing the die-off symptoms. The itching and inflammation on my vaginal and anus area just won’t go away and I’m feeling like these symptoms are even getting worse. I’m also experiencing bloating and constipation, which I didn’t have before starting the diet. I’m aware these are die-off symptoms, but I just can’t realize why are they still here after so much time on the diet.

Here is my diet:

Breakfast:
    glass of warm water with one lemon
    two eggs baked on coconut oil
    salad with olive oil

Lunch:
    meat/fish
    a lot of veggies
    salad

Snack:
    coconut bread/buckwheat crackers

Dinner:
    bone/veggie broth
    homemade kefir
    salad with olive/sesame oil and raw garlic

–also much herbal tea during the whole day

Ok, here I think I maybe realize what I am doing wrong – meat or fish every day for lunch. It is because I don’t have the energy to go through the day only on veggies and I was always under the assumption that meat is better than carbs so I avoided buckwheat and oat bran (at first I baked only coconut bread). Now I am trying to change that – replace the meat/fish with buckwheat a few times a week. Is this a good idea? How much buckwheat daily can I eat?

Supplements I’m taking:
    – Vitamin C – 1000mg – 2 times daily
    – Biotin – 300mcg – one time daily
    – Probiotics – Darmflora plus select – 48billion CFU – 8 strains – these are the most powerful I can find in my country – unfortunately they have B-vitamins added (B1, B2, B6, B12), but I’m thinking that they have more benefits than damage.
    – coconut oil – 5-12 teaspoons daily
    – every two weeks I’m rotating GSE, garlic capsules and oregano oil – GSE: 30 drops 3 times daily or 2 garlic caps daily or oregano oil – I think I took too high doses of it – like 12 drops 3 times daily – is it too much?
    – also: homemade kefir, raw garlic, extra-virgin oilve oil

Unfortunately, I don’t have molybdenum in my country, and can’t order it (the customs wouldn’t allow it in the country). Also, I must confess, I started cheating a few weeks ago with a small cup of black coffee one time daily (with no sugar or milk of course). It is because I have very low blood pressure and I was feeling nauseaus and fatigued all the time. Also, it helps me with constipation (sometimes I didn’t go for days to the toillet, and then after one cup of coffee immediately). I’m aware I should quit it, but I was feeling bad also the first two and a half months when I didn’t drink coffee, and I am feeling bad now and don’t see the difference. It’s like whatever I do nothing is changing. I am now feeling like I ate a chocolate and drank five beers, and not like I’ve been on a diet for more than 3 months 🙁
    Also I am taking a homeopatic supplement, going to yoga classes, and started going to sauna recently.

What would be your suggestions? I know not taking Molybdenum is bad, but I don’t know what to do about it. How much meat/fish per week can I have, and how much buckwheat? Which supplement would you suggest in addition to the ones that I am taking (I am thinking of Calcium-Magnesium-Zinc)? Due to my limited budget I was maybe thinking of giving up on GSE and oregano oil and investing in more probiotics (taking the double dose daily of the ones I am using now)? I also didn’t get my period for two months and I am worried it’s because of the diet (before it was regular) – has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks to everyone willing to help 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider trying out super milk thistle X which should help you detox from the candida toxins. Another alternative is sweating out the toxins by doing a sauna, hot tub, steam room, jacuzzi, or even hot bath. This can completely reduce the die-off symptoms. Candidate is also somethin that can help with die-off.

You are taking very large doses of antifungals; 30 drops at a time is high. If you want to, you can reduce. Ideally, you should slowly increase your dose to get to this level over a period of time startin out with 3 drops per day.

So are you eatin meat 2x per day? I would reduce to 1x per day and increase your buckwheat, oat bran, etc.

I would check out chamomile tea which is a good alternative to coffee; it is antifungal and promotes digestion…it also perks you up and gives you energy if you steep it longer than 8 mins.

-raster

Keya

raster;37096 wrote: I would consider trying out super milk thistle X which should help you detox from the candida toxins. Another alternative is sweating out the toxins by doing a sauna, hot tub, steam room, jacuzzi, or even hot bath. This can completely reduce the die-off symptoms. Candidate is also somethin that can help with die-off.

So are you eatin meat 2x per day? I would reduce to 1x per day and increase your buckwheat, oat bran, etc.

-raster

I’m eating meat/fish only one time daily, but I think it may be too much? I was thinking of reducing it to few times a week.

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Personally I would get Solgar Milk Thistle and this product below. When comparing Super Milk Thistle X to the Liver Support Complex below it seems to have alot more beneficial ingredients and bigger doses. Also all the ingredients are fresh freeze dried to ensure potency.

Nutritional Information per daily intake (2 capsules):

Dandelion Root (fresh freeze dried) 200mg
    Turmeric Root (fresh freeze dried) 150mg
    Artichoke Leaf (fresh freeze dried) 125mg
    Schisandra Berry 100mg
    Sea Buckthorn Berry/Leaf (fresh freeze dried) 50mg
    Green Tea Leaf 50mg
    Kale (fresh freeze dried) 50mg
    Green Barley Grass 50mg
    Stabilised Rice Bran 50mg
    Nutrients per capsule:
    Vitamin C (as Ca, Mg ascortbate) 150mg
    L-Cysteine 75mg
    Alpha Lipoic Acid 20mg
    Taurine 20mg
    Larch Tree Arabinogalactan 5.5mg
    Selenium (as selenomethionine) 25ug

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Could you maybe try to replace some of the meat out with hard-boiled eggs. Also, it sounds like you are taking a lot of antifungals. When I took oregano oil I had a bad reaction to it so I took it out of the rotation.

Have you been to a doctor and been diagnosed with vaginal yeast?

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

I also actually got worse on taking oregano oil, dont know why. 30 drops is a lot!

If I was you, I would cut back on the oregano oil, drink kefir to every meal or eat greek yoghurt/other probiotics.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Keya;37093 wrote: It’s like whatever I do nothing is changing. I am now feeling like I ate a chocolate and drank five beers, and not like I’ve been on a diet for more than 3 months.

There are a lot of reasons why you’re not improving, the main one being that you’re not on the forum protocol. You probably need to spend more time on the forum learning about the infestation. The reasons you’re not getting better are below.

Stop taking the GSE, you should have taken it for perhaps two to three weeks at the most. It’s an antibacterial as well as an antifungal and is destroying the beneficial bacteria you’re trying t o increase. You can also stop taking oil of oregano since it also contains antibacterial properties.

Are you taking virgin coconut oil by the spoonful every day? You didn’t mention this, or at least I didn’t see it. If you are, how many teaspoons are you taking in a day’s time?

Due to my limited budget I was maybe thinking of giving up on GSE and oregano oil and investing in more probiotics

That’s exactly what you should do.

According to your diet, you’re drinking kefir only once a day. At what amount? You’re going to have to increase this if you want to cure your infestation. This is especially true considering the lack of a better probiotic.

You’re right about the animal protein (meat and fish). Cutting out animal protein has the ability to actually cause die-off; that’s how much it benefits the Candida. And I doubt that you’re purchasing all organic meats. This means that you’re ingesting an antibiotic every time you eat meat. This is assuming that your country uses antibiotics for cattle, etc.
    You could eat at least a serving or two of buckwheat every day, and you can also eat a lot of the coconut bread with virtually no benefit to the Candida. If you’re using Bob’s Red Mill Oat Bran, it shouldn’t present a problem even if eaten every day. Can you find organic eggs? If so, you can increase the amount to at least three or four a day as long as they present no problems for you.

Do you make the buckwheat crackers yourself?

Considering that you’re having trouble reestablishing the beneficial flora in your intestines, stop eating garlic altogether. Garlic is a natural antibiotic. You can eat rutabaga and Brussels sprouts as natural antifungals.

Are you using either pure sea salt or Himalayan salt?

Considering your symptoms, you may have a parasite problem in addition to the Candida. If you can obtain black walnut extract this will help the problem.

If one cup of coffee a day keeps you from being constipated, then continue with it unless you can find an alternate remedy that works for you.
    Constipation Remedies

Start taking the herb Milk Thistle for your liver if you can find it; let us know if you can’t.

Your probiotic is a big problem for you. It contains only four of the eight B vitamins. If you’ve been taking this for very long, it could have created a deficiency in the four B vitamins that it doesn’t have. This alone could prevent your infestation from improving. You need to find another one if at all possible. Another problem is the fact that it doesn’t contain Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1. I understand that it’s very difficult for you to find quality probiotics, but it’s still going to be extremely difficult to cure your infestation if you can’t take this somewhere along the way.

Also I am taking a homeopatic supplement

Please post the name of this supplement and the ingredients if you have that information.

Increase your biotin dose gradually to 1000-2000 mcg a day, and please continue posting in this thread at least every three to four days with updates. If you don’t stay in touch with us, we can’t help you.

Able

Keya

Kag;37212 wrote: Could you maybe try to replace some of the meat out with hard-boiled eggs. Also, it sounds like you are taking a lot of antifungals. When I took oregano oil I had a bad reaction to it so I took it out of the rotation.

Have you been to a doctor and been diagnosed with vaginal yeast?

Yes, I have been diagnosed with vaginal Candida parapsilosis (it’s not albicans). My other tests (e.g. bacterial, blood, urine…) are clean, but I’m preparing to do them again soon.

Keya

Able900;37220 wrote:

Are you taking virgin coconut oil by the spoonful every day? You didn’t mention this, or at least I didn’t see it. If you are, how many teaspoons are you taking in a day’s time?

I’m taking 5 to 12 teaspoons daily. Should I take it in a bigger dose? The other day I took 12 teaspoons and had a strong die-off the next day, so now I’m taking about 5 teaspoons daily.

Able900;37220 wrote: According to your diet, you’re drinking kefir only once a day. At what amount? You’re going to have to increase this if you want to cure your infestation. This is especially true considering the lack of a better probiotic.

I drink half to one liter homemade kefir daily, sometimes maybe even more. Should I increase it?

Able900;37220 wrote: You’re right about the animal protein (meat and fish). Cutting out animal protein has the ability to actually cause die-off; that’s how much it benefits the Candida. And I doubt that you’re purchasing all organic meats. This means that you’re ingesting an antibiotic every time you eat meat. This is assuming that your country uses antibiotics for cattle, etc.
    You could eat at least a serving or two of buckwheat every day, and you can also eat a lot of the coconut bread with virtually no benefit to the Candida. If you’re using Bob’s Red Mill Oat Bran, it shouldn’t present a problem even if eaten every day. Can you find organic eggs? If so, you can increase the amount to at least three or four a day as long as they present no problems for you.

Do you make the buckwheat crackers yourself?

I’m purchasing organic eggs and bake buckwheat crackers by myself. I’ll try to purchase Bob’s Red Mill Oat Bran, but I don’t know what’s the deal with the customs if food is in question.

I have one more question concerning the buckwheat and oat bran – how come they are ok for candida concerning they are carbs, and carbs turn into sugars? I was always under the impression that it’s better to eat protein than carbs, and always tried not to eat grains at all, so that’s the reason I sticked to meat for so much time.

Able900;37220 wrote: Considering that you’re having trouble reestablishing the beneficial flora in your intestines, stop eating garlic altogether. Garlic is a natural antibiotic. You can eat rutabaga and Brussels sprouts as natural antifungals.

Are you using either pure sea salt or Himalayan salt?

Considering your symptoms, you may have a parasite problem in addition to the Candida. If you can obtain black walnut extract this will help the problem.

If one cup of coffee a day keeps you from being constipated, then continue with it unless you can find an alternate remedy that works for you.
    Constipation Remedies

Start taking the herb Milk Thistle for your liver if you can find it; let us know if you can’t.

Ok, so then I stop eating raw garlic also? I don’t understand why, if you could please explain?

I’m using Himalayan salt.

Concerning the parasites, do you mean parasites in the digestive system?

I can find Milk Thistle from Solgar, I will get it as soon as I can.

Able900;37220 wrote: Your probiotic is a big problem for you. It contains only four of the eight B vitamins. If you’ve been taking this for very long, it could have created a deficiency in the four B vitamins that it doesn’t have. This alone could prevent your infestation from improving. You need to find another one if at all possible. Another problem is the fact that it doesn’t contain Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1. I understand that it’s very difficult for you to find quality probiotics, but it’s still going to be extremely difficult to cure your infestation if you can’t take this somewhere along the way.

Please post the name of this supplement and the ingredients if you have that information

Increase your biotin dose gradually to 1000-2000 mcg a day, and please continue posting in this thread at least every three to four days with updates. If you don’t stay in touch with us, we can’t help you.

Able

I’m taking this probiotics for about month and a half. The probiotics I was taking before that were from Solgar – Advanced Multi-billion Dophilus: http://www.solgar.com/SolgarProducts/Advanced-Multi-Billion-Dophilus-Vegetable-Capsules.htm But these are not so strong. I’ll try to find a way to purchase something else, but I’ve looked at all the options and don’t know what to do anymore, so probiotics are my biggest concern.

Homeopathic remedy I’m taking is calcium carbonate c30. I don’t know exact ingredients because the doctor gave it to me without a bottle, but I’m not drinking it, the doctor said to only tape it to my wrist for two hours daily because when I drank it I didin’t have a good reaction, it was like a terrible die-off, but now I’m not even sure how to make a difference between the die-off and the regular symptoms.

Able thanks so much for your help.

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

Able900;37220 wrote:

Considering that you’re having trouble reestablishing the beneficial flora in your intestines, stop eating garlic altogether. Garlic is a natural antibiotic. You can eat rutabaga and Brussels sprouts as natural antifungals.

Able

Should garlic not be taken as a primary antifungal then? Currently, I am taking coconut oil by the tsp/tbsp and 2 garlic tablets a day. I chop up some garlic for my veggie stir-frys, but do not use every day.

I feel like every time I purchase an antifungal, I find a post that explains it also harms beneficial bacteria, which seems counterproductive because I am trying to rid candida and build flora.

I bought GSE first, but haven’t taken due to feedback. What two antifungals, then, would you primarily recommend? Coconut Oil and SF722?

Thanks in advance!

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

How about nystatin? If you can get it..

Able900
    Spectator

Keya;37234 wrote: Concerning the parasites, do you mean parasites in the digestive system?

Yes, that’s right. A majority of people with a Candida overgrowth will have parasites as well. This is because they both thrive in the same type of environment.

I can find Milk Thistle from Solgar, I will get it as soon as I can.

Try to get one with around 70 to 80% silymarin per dose if you can. Silymarin is the property in milk thistle which makes it a valuable herb for the liver. The Super Milk Thistle X which Raster mentioned contains 80% silymarin which is an excellent amount.

I have one more question concerning the buckwheat and oat bran – how come they are ok for candida concerning they are carbs.

Because they are both prebiotics which means they’re two of the foods which feed the beneficial bacteria that you’re trying to replace. Sometimes, on a Candida protocol, it’s a matter of more good than harm. But if you use the correct form of oat bran and not the type such as the regular commercial oatmeal in the grocery stores, then there should never be a problem.

Ok, so then I stop eating raw garlic also? I don’t understand why, if you could please explain?

Actually, this was explained in my last post. Quote: “Considering that you’re having trouble reestablishing the beneficial flora in your intestines, stop eating garlic altogether. Garlic is a natural antibiotic. You can eat rutabaga and Brussels sprouts as natural antifungals.”
    Garlic is a pretty strong antibiotic which means that it’s destroying the beneficial bacteria that you need to reestablish in the intestines. Since you’re not taking a very good probiotic, you need to avoid anything that will destroy the bacteria. As I stated, you can replace the garlic with both rutabaga and Brussels sprouts. At this point, you need to concentrate on reestablishing the bacteria more than anything else. If you have enough, the beneficial bacteria can destroy the Candida.

I’m taking 5 to 12 teaspoons daily. Should I take it in a bigger dose? The other day I took 12 teaspoons and had a strong die-off the next day, so now I’m taking about 5 teaspoons daily.

Try to raise this amount very, very slowly to 15 teaspoons a day. You didn’t mention whether or not it’s “virgin” coconut oil.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

serenedream;37244 wrote: Should garlic not be taken as a primary antifungal then? Currently, I am taking coconut oil by the tsp/tbsp and 2 garlic tablets a day. I chop up some garlic for my veggie stir-frys, but do not use every day.

In the beginning of the treatment, garlic is fine. Antifungals which also act as an antibiotic can be taken for the first month or two in order to lessen the population of the Candida quicker, but it depends on the probiotic that you’re able to take as well as the degree of your Candida symptoms. For example, when all of the die-off and Candida symptoms are much less intense than they were in the beginning, it would likely be time to concentrate on rebuilding the flora and stop the type of antifungals which also act as an antibiotic.
    But the point is, everyone is different and everyone will likely need to stop the antifungals/antibiotics at different times. This is why the protocol doesn’t give a definite time limit on these specific antifungals. Contacting us on the forum with your progress is the best way to know when to do what.

I bought GSE first, but haven’t taken due to feedback. What two antifungals, then, would you primarily recommend? Coconut Oil and SF722?

Both; but I understand that SF722 is difficult to obtain right now. There are antifungals which do not harm the beneficial bacteria, and coconut oil and SF722 are two perfect examples; this is why you can continue taking these throughout your treatment.

Able

turkishdelight
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

Hello I am new to the site and have had candida for decades. I am now aged 55. Because I kept getting bad sinuses, headaches etc and did not want to keep taking steroids and anti biotics I started to take a good garlic supplement a year ago. Should I stop taking it? Could it be making it worse? I am looking into doing the diet etc soon.
    In the meantime I have started to eat more vegetables and a lot less carbs and very little sugar. I also started to take a multi vitamin, selenium, tumeric, high vit b, omega 3 and vitamin c.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I think you probably should raise up anything that is a whole food, like coconut oil and garlic and your probiotics. These are hard for yeast to become resistant too. Good luck sweetie, I know you must be miserable.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Three months on the diet and feeling worse, please help’ is closed to new replies.