Thought of more foods I'm not sure I should have!

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Thought of more foods I'm not sure I should have!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sarah135
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 0

Hi! As I get further into this diet, I’m thinking of more foods that are not on the eat or avoid lists. How about grain-like flours such as amaranth? I’m thinking that’s okay, because millet and buckwheat are. And every time I see yogurt in a recipe, I think, that’s dairy and it contains sugar! Even if it has no sugar added, it still contains lactose. How and why is that okay? Any recommended substitutions for yogurt, as dairy gives me a stomachache anyway? Anyone know anything about water kefir?

KiwiRae
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 12

Unsweetened coconut milk yoghurt (co-yo) if you can get it – it’s the business!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Amaranth is kinda iffy and isn’t on my list because its high in starch, similar to potato flour. I haven’t had it before though so don’t really know for certain how much it benefits the yeast.

Try out goats yogurt instead of cows, its much more healthier.

-raster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Thought of more foods I'm not sure I should have!’ is closed to new replies.