ThomasJoel2-mercury

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions ThomasJoel2-mercury

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  impossible 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

impossible;50635 wrote: One more. Quotes from Pathways. Feeling overwhelmed yet? Refer to diagrams, wherever you can find them, makes it alot easier to grasp

There definitely is a lot to learn. If only I didn’t have the brain fog obstacle in my way. I’m slowly making my way through Pathways though. I’m on Chapter 2 now and have watched a couple of YouTube panels with Dr. Ben Lynch and Shawn Bean.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

I just realized the link didnt make it on there. Oh well, you’re reading the book. I just wound up printing it all out and putting it in a 3 ring binder. It makes it alot easier because you can flip back and forth and highlight and tab important stuff. Theres alot to keep track of. Whats funny is you’ll read through parts after a few weeks and still keep picking stuff up. Its pretty information dense. She has other stuff, books and info, that they send with the emailed test results. If you want me to send it over to ya, let me know.

I really think Yasko, overall, has a better handle on it than anyone else right now. You’re going to find there’s alot of conflicting info out there. What she says trumps everyone else, she always seems to be right. Everybody else follows studys, theory, and the science involved and make their case from that, but she also has thousands of case histories and her ideas and protocol are based on that. Phoenix rising has the best handle on what can go wrong and how to handle it. Read up on things like paradoxical folate deficiency, methyl trap, hypokalemia, and why some people think its a good idea to support metabolism with stuff like CoQ10, carnitine fumurate(which my doc says should be used with carnosine, idk why), etc. Read lots of threads like this
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/methylation-protocol-big-problems-advice-please.25200/
    Learn how to support the liver with herbs and veges first too, your about to give it a beating. I suggest delving into understanding phase 1/2/3 so you can make decisions for yourself and tailor your plan to your needs. FYI, the more I read, learn and experience myself, the more I believe in starting up with titrating mb12 before adding anything else that spins the methyl cycle. Among other things, it helps get the adaptive immune system, particularly th1 and t suppressor cells, up and running first, which is important to have in place before firing up the antibody production and innate activity with folate. Plus, having b12 & folate out balance with b12 being high is not that big of a deal, but it gets pretty messed up the other way around. Too little folate is better than too much.

Has anything in particular jumped out at you yet? LOL did you ever think you had much in common with autistic children before? You’re alot like me in that you have the desire to get to the bottom of things and get it right, and you have the passion and discipline to put the time in. I can see you being one of the few to make a full recovery.

Im actually going to start chelating soon. Ive been on mb12 for a little bit so I feel comfortable starting up. Im doing a urine cortisol test today to check the status of that and Im going to make an appt with the autism doc tmrw and review everything and get a rx for dmps. It’ll be interesting to see how that goes. Hopefully well.

Deep1111
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 29

Impossible. I would like to improve my methylation cycle. Where would I start from? Is the methylation test from 23andme useful? I think I won’t be able to interpret the test result. I don’t know any good doctor who can help me with that. I am in toronto canada. As I mentioned before, I am still doing AC chelation.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Deep

impossible

Deep1111;51009 wrote: Impossible. I would like to improve my methylation cycle. Where would I start from? Is the methylation test from 23andme useful? I think I won’t be able to interpret the test result. I don’t know any good doctor who can help me with that. I am in toronto canada. As I mentioned before, I am still doing AC chelation.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Deep

A 23andme test is a very good place to start and because of the dynamics of the process and all the different genes involved, imo no one should supplement with methyl supplements without those results. If you would like, I could do an initial interpretation and give you a basic idea of whats going on with you and recommend a general path, including things to avoid, look out for, and ideas to treat that your doc might not know about. As far as a doc I’ll see if I can find someone that looks good. I personally wouldnt make an appt until I had the results, you might not need it.

Deep1111
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 29

Thanks for your help, impossible.

I just ordered 23andme test. It will take me 4-6 weeks to get the result. As soon as I get my result, I will ask your help for interpretation. I am wondering how am I going to show my test result?

Thanks
    Deep

impossible

Run it through genetic genie then post a link to the results page. At least I think thats all there is to it. When you do, start your own thread to help keep this organized. It looks like theres going to be a few people posting results in a few weeks.

impossible

Hey TJ, just out of curiosity because I dont want to read through everything again just yet, what recommendations have you found for the 1298/bh4 problem. I obviously didnt pay much attention the first time because it didnt apply to me. Ahh, brain fog is great.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘ThomasJoel2-mercury’ is closed to new replies.