This is the symptom I hate most- how many of you also have it?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals This is the symptom I hate most- how many of you also have it?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  stifoo 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Lex
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 7

Hi guys, I developed candida in 2008 after receiving a lot of intravenous antibiotics for a leg infection (I also drank heavily at the time and had pre-existing immune system disorders for which I was already on medical disability- needless to say, I developed candidiasis). Took me about 4 or 4 and a half years before I put two and two together (amazed no doctors figured it out, but I have come to understand that many allopathic doctors either don’t know about candida overgrowth or don’t believe it is an actual problem). I have a LOT of the general candida symptoms all stemming from that time period… but what has bothered me from the beginning is this feeling I get of feeling drunk/”high” and sort of stoned/unreal. It starts (now that I pay attention to diet) about 2-3 hours after I eat, and until recently I have been eating my usual not-too-great diet. So I was wondering if this drunken, fuzzy high feeling “die off”? 2 to 3 hours after eating the candida is being starved of it’s usual (in my case, unfortunately) overly starchy diet and is dying and releasing toxins into my blood which make me feel “high”/drunk? This scared me the most (except maybe for the increased panic sensations) because I had no idea candida could cause this spacey/drunk sensation and began to think I was going crazy or had some form of brain damage.

What causes such a difference in the symptomology amongst sufferers and have any of you guys suffering from the unreal/drunk/high feeling found relief with any herbs or any other therapies? Every time I tried the diet in the past this drunk feeling got so bad that I felt like I wasn’t sure I was actually awake (as opposed to dreaming) and that more than almost anything caused me to get scared and relapse, so if anybody else is dealing with this particular symptom and can offer me any advice or hope, I could sure use it. Also, the few times I have tried the diet in the past the die off got so bad that I was so exhausted, I was pretty much unable to do the day to day things I needed to do. So tips for how to handle both of these would be great.

Thanks.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

I think most people that have candida are suffering from the things you mention.
    I used to feel ‘unreal’ right before a meal, and still have it sometimes right before breakfast. It brings anxiety, panic attacks and this drunken feeling with it.
    There are two times when candida releases toxins. When you feed them and when they die. So every time at 2 to 3 hours after a meal can be the candida that are being fed.

Lex

I always have the drunken/high feeling to some extent, since about 2-3 weeks after the IV antibiotics in 2008, however, it gets markedly worse 2-3 hours (or more) after I eat to such an amazing degree that it rivals marijuana and alcohol combined (all of which I have stopped, but the sensation is similar to being inebriated by both of them at the same time). Eating starchy foods seems to reduce it a small amount. For instance, I have been fasting all day because I am low on cash and want to kill off candida, but I have cookies (I put them downstairs in the storage locker) and I know if I were to eat some of them, I wouldn’t feel as drunk and high in about 30 minutes. But if I keep doing that I will never get well and always feel foggy, tired, achy, itchy… to a lesser extent. And that is not good. My hunch is that the spaciness increasing 2-3 hours after my last meals is not that they are being fed (because digestion doesn’t take that long) but it is when my blood sugars are starting to dip because I haven’t eaten in awhile and they are starting to die. That is just my gut feeling on the subject.

It is “nice” to know others experience the same things and that people have managed to obtain some measure of relief from these symptoms.

Lex

Fylgia
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 23

Until about two weeks into the protocol, I often felt drunk, but with chills instead of the warm fuzzy feeling. There were days I just be walking then all the sudden my vision would go fuzzy, my legs turned into noodles, and I’d fall flat on my face, not getting up, because I felt wasted. It’s happened in the car too, and I’d have to pull off the road for fear of an accident. I hope find more ways to supplement your food and get better. I know it’s hard being lacking in cash, but eating and eating what won’t feed the candida will make a world of difference for your symptoms. Fasting is pretty risky considering all that your body has already been through. Best wishes to you.

Lex

Thank you, Fyalgia. I had a small amount of fish, because it won’t feed the yeast (I gave most of it to my cat, I try to only eat vegetable based foods) and a handful of nuts (cashews, pecans and almonds). I have read all sorts of things about fasting- some people say it is the best way to quickly starve off yeast, others say greatly reduce food intake but don’t completely fast because if you do the die off is too intense, others say eat anti-candida diet. This is a learning experience for all of us I guess.

Fylgia
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 23

Indeed, it is. Try to stay away from cashews and pecans (I haven’t a clue why; they’re just not considered a safe food) and switch them out with raw pumpkin seeds, raw sunflower seeds, and/or walnuts.

Here’s a safe food list that raster’s posted, and most of these things are affordable depending on where you live.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm49578_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx
    Personally, I added canned black olives as a cheap snack to my diet. They’re safe too, as long as they are in a water-salt brine and not vinegar, if you like that sort of thing.

P.S.: if you can afford some, I’ve bought liver detox tea (because I was heavy on the drinks myself) and milk thistle tea in bulk online. Both have really helped ease my candida/die-off symptoms. And sugarless, unsweetened aloe vera juice helps your body better absorb vitamins and minerals while fighting the fungus. I hope this helps.

Lex

I love canned black olives! Was thinking that I want a snack… will go and buy a can of black olives! Thanks Fylgia!

bre b
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I have had Systemic Candiasis for over a decade. I started having problems with multiple Fungal infections after getting messed up on meth as a teenager. I have dealt with this for years. It only goes away or gets better if you honestly cut out all the things that feed it from your diet.

I am yeast free (no breads as much as possible), gluten-free, and also lactose-free. I found out I’m allergic to gluten and lactose. Two things I ate ALL the time. I am also low-sugar, low-carb. Stay away from over processed foods and fast food as much as possible.

It’s the most difficult thing to do, changing up your diet, but after 4-6 weeks your taste buds will change, and even if your body is craving sugar, starches, etc. you will begin to really enjoy the raw veggies, rice pasta, yogurt, etc. that your body can have…

I also take a Candida cleanse herbal supplement for months at a time when my overgrowth comes back. It’s a struggle to have it from your hairline to your toes and everywhere inbetween. The Candida in my system is now a full fungal form. It’s much more difficult to get rid of. When I have a “die-off” wave, my entire body itches from head to toe. I guess sticking with it is the most difficult, I also have to avoid “moldy” foods like cheeses… I try to be as vigilent as possible but it’s not always easy.

Peanuts and a lot of other nuts have a tendency to grow mold, and that only provokes the yeast in your gut.

Make sure you are taking a strong probiotic, change up your diet, don’t starve yourself to starve the Fungus. That type of stress only weakens your system further. It is over working itself trying to help clear out the toxins that are a by product from the infection itself.

I promise, if you eat right and be strict, your tastes will change and you will love the foods that are Anti-Candida!

I’m no saint. I struggle with it, and have for a decade, but I’m finally seeing results. Diet, probiotics, and herbal antifungal supplement have done wonders.

Best of luck to you in the future!
    Bre

Lex

Thank you so much bre b! I have only been on the diet for a little over a day now (I have tried before and slipped up so badly but decided to try again). I have felt EXTREMELY drunk and high as the hours went on and last night was getting chest pain, racing thoughts, and my BLOOD feels itchy. My arms, legs, belly, head, toes… all are itchy, but it feels deeper than the itch associated with dry skin. Also have this subtle but persistent taste in my mouth, like rotten flesh or something(I had an abcessed tooth as a teenager that was pulled and drained and the gum around it went black and that is similar to the taste I have in my mouth) The nuts I have been eating are cashews, almonds and pecans, but no peanuts, but after these nuts are gone I won’t get anymore (just in case). Weird aches and pains all over and a sense of imminent doom (but I have had panic attacks my whole life so who knows). Pretty sure I am already getting die off. I have been taking vitamin C (5,000-10,000 mg for a few days) and I took 4,000 IU of vitamin D3 last night too.

is tofu allowed on the diet? I found a hot and sour soup paste which doesn’t have an grams of carbs or sugar (and doesn’t have sugar listed in the ingredients) per table spoon and thought I could make a soup from it and throw in some firm tofu cubes, green onions and some seaweed. What do you guys think? Would that meal be good for someone trying to stick to the diet? I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be okay, but am a bit jumpy about screwing up.

Thank you again, everyone, for your posts!

Lex

I double checked and the hot and sour soup paste I have actually does have sugar- it’s the second to last ingredient (the very last is paprika). However, when I look to see how many grams of sugar it has on the side it says 0 grams sugar and 0 grams carbs (per 15 grams, which I am guessing is about 1 tablespoon). So, if the amount of sugar in it is so low that it doesn’t equal 1 gram, can I still have it? Not sure and don’t want to risk it… just thought I’d ask….

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Lex;50950 wrote: I have felt EXTREMELY drunk and high as the hours went on and last night was getting chest pain, racing thoughts, and my BLOOD feels itchy. My arms, legs, belly, head, toes… all are itchy, but it feels deeper than the itch associated with dry skin. Also have this subtle but persistent taste in my mouth, like rotten flesh or something(I had an abcessed tooth as a teenager that was pulled and drained and the gum around it went black and that is similar to the taste I have in my mouth) The nuts I have been eating are cashews, almonds and pecans, but no peanuts, but after these nuts are gone I won’t get anymore (just in case). Weird aches and pains all over and a sense of imminent doom (but I have had panic attacks my whole life so who knows). Pretty sure I am already getting die off. I have been taking vitamin C (5,000-10,000 mg for a few days) and I took 4,000 IU of vitamin D3 last night too.

Thank you again, everyone, for your posts!

I have most of your symptoms…feeling so drunk and like you have a permanent hangover is the worst ever.Itchy.Panic attacks.
    I want to know that this can be gone forever.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

TheChosenOne;50911 wrote: I think most people that have candida are suffering from the things you mention.
    I used to feel ‘unreal’ right before a meal, and still have it sometimes right before breakfast. It brings anxiety, panic attacks and this drunken feeling with it.
    There are two times when candida releases toxins. When you feed them and when they die. So every time at 2 to 3 hours after a meal can be the candida that are being fed.

ChosenOne brings up a good point. I get these attacks either right before or a couple hours after meals. The brain-mind gut plays a lot into this role, too. I never thought about it being the candida releasing the toxins. Try looking into supplements that can relieve your anxiety at each meal, and that seems to help balance me more when I am haywire, plus it makes me have better food choices. I think relora is a good supplement, plus it stops the sugar cravings!

laineyk
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 19

I have told so many drs that my brain feels wishy washy and I cant concentrate & I feel doped up, they all have looked at me like I am crazy

I now believe it has to do with Systemic Candida overgrowth

stifoo
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 24

I can confirm the strange drunk spells and feeling of separation from reality…Candida is a big meanie!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘This is the symptom I hate most- how many of you also have it?’ is closed to new replies.