This Is Crazy! But Maybe it will work for Candida Sufferers too?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions This Is Crazy! But Maybe it will work for Candida Sufferers too?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kodaz2005 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jdib
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 23

Obviously this sounds gross – but we would do just about anything to try and heal.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-01-fecal-transplant-gut-infection.html

This is big news – just published by the New England Journal of Medicine. Google it and you’ll find over a 100 new articles on this report.

It is saying that fecal transplants had a significant cure rate for people suffering with C. Dif. Basically the fecal matter from a healthy donar was used and mixed with saline and injected into the colon of the person with C. Dif and it seemed the cure rate was over 90%. By far beating out the antibiotic group.

Basically this paragraph sums it up:

For those for whom the whole idea of stool donation remains difficult to embrace, Keller sums it up: “It’s the most powerful probiotic you can imagine, introducing healthy flora [into an unhealthy environment].”

My question — I wonder if this would be helpful to those with bad cases of Candida and those desperate to try something else???

Would love to hear some thoughts on this!!

jdib
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 23

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

jdib;33355 wrote: Obviously this sounds gross – but we would do just about anything to try and heal.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-01-fecal-transplant-gut-infection.html

This is big news – just published by the New England Journal of Medicine. Google it and you’ll find over a 100 new articles on this report.

It is saying that fecal transplants had a significant cure rate for people suffering with C. Dif. Basically the fecal matter from a healthy donar was used and mixed with saline and injected into the colon of the person with C. Dif and it seemed the cure rate was over 90%. By far beating out the antibiotic group.

Basically this paragraph sums it up:

For those for whom the whole idea of stool donation remains difficult to embrace, Keller sums it up: “It’s the most powerful probiotic you can imagine, introducing healthy flora [into an unhealthy environment].”

My question — I wonder if this would be helpful to those with bad cases of Candida and those desperate to try something else???

Would love to hear some thoughts on this!!

Jorge tried this as I recall. I’m not sure if he had any benefit from this though. He doesn’t seem to mention it when he discusses what has helped him turn the corner. It’s unfortunate this website is not set up to keep all old posts archived.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘This Is Crazy! But Maybe it will work for Candida Sufferers too?’ is closed to new replies.