This is a MUST read for everyone with CANDIDA.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice This is a MUST read for everyone with CANDIDA.

This topic contains 93 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  laurenziano 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)
  • Author

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

pomacanthus;51831 wrote: I have had all of my Mercury removed years ago and I have a fairly severe case of Candida.
    Mercury is a neurotoxin and highly toxic so I don’t really see the point in arguing about it as it relates to Candida esp since I have Candida and no Mercury

How many of you filter your tap water? Im an expert on water quality and trust me when I say the Mercury is there, the only real question is how much?
    Call you City and request the latest water test results if you like you will see it listed along with Arsenic, Lead, etc.
    Please purchase a high quality reverse osmosis water purifier if you haven’t already.
    Bottled water is better than tap but I would bet dollars to doughnuts its adsorbing BPA from the cheap plastic is bottled in but thats another post….

Point is Mercury is multi sourced poison.
    Fillings and amalgams are really only the beginning in my opinion but a great STARTING point.

When you say you have no mercury you mean you just got your fillings removed? Mercury stays in the body unless you chelate.

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

what are your thoughts on the accuracy of the hair test? I had that done and was told it was totally normal by the folks on the chelation yahoo group. I had normal mineral transport and was not high on mercury.

Would love other feedback on my test as well.

http://livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/hairtest/hairtest3/

I’m # 801

My naturopath wants to get me PH neutral before chelation, but I dont think he uses the DMSA, DMPS type stuff…i think more natural supp’s he uses

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

yisucks;51868 wrote: what are your thoughts on the accuracy of the hair test? I had that done and was told it was totally normal by the folks on the chelation yahoo group. I had normal mineral transport and was not high on mercury.

I’m # 801

My naturopath wants to get me PH neutral before chelation, but I dont think he uses the DMSA, DMPS type stuff…i think more natural supp’s he uses

According to Cutler the hair test is the most accurate test, besides doing a trial chelation round itself. I’m not an expert on reading all of the things a hair test can tell you, but you definitely don’t meet any of the counting rules and your mineral transport looks very orderly. There’s always the possibility that your sample accidentally got switched with somebody else though.

What are your symptoms that make you think mercury? What are your sources of exposure that you can identify?

The most accurate diagnostic test of all would be a trial chelation round. Depending on your reaction you should be able to determine whether or not mercury is truly a problem for you. Might want to ask the yahoo board about that.

Edit: I forgot you had the attached background info with your hair test results. Whatever you decide to do don’t do any chelation while you still have your filling (if it’s amalgam) in. If I were you I’d first get the amalgam removed by a mercury-free doctor and then try a trial chelation round via the Cutler protocol with either DMSA or DMPS. If you experience symptoms that are in line with mercury mobilization/redistribution I would continue down that path and see if you notice any improvement.

yisucks
    Participant

ThomasJoel2;51869 wrote:

what are your thoughts on the accuracy of the hair test? I had that done and was told it was totally normal by the folks on the chelation yahoo group. I had normal mineral transport and was not high on mercury.

I’m # 801

According to Cutler the hair test is the most accurate test, besides doing a trial chelation round itself. I’m not an expert on reading all of the things a hair test can tell you, but you definitely don’t meet any of the counting rules and your mineral transport looks very orderly. There’s always the possibility that your sample accidentally got switched with somebody else though.

What are your symptoms that make you think mercury? What are your sources of exposure that you can identify?

The most accurate diagnostic test of all would be a trial chelation round. Depending on your reaction you should be able to determine whether or not mercury is truly a problem for you. Might want to ask the yahoo board about that.

Edit: I forgot you had the attached background info with your hair test results. Whatever you decide to do don’t do any chelation while you still have your filling (if it’s amalgam) in. If I were you I’d first get the amalgam removed by a mercury-free doctor and then try a trial chelation round via the Cutler protocol with either DMSA or DMPS. If you experience symptoms that are in line with mercury mobilization/redistribution I would continue down that path and see if you notice any improvement.

Thanks! Yeah, I actually had my 1 amalgam removed over the summer– so like 6 months ago. I had it removed the right way -I found a pricey dentist in a college town that followed the protocol

I was thinking about doing chelation until my hair test came back normal. The thing is, I’m scared to take DMSA because I know it makes candida symptoms worse, and I don’t think a doc will RX me DPMS since my tests have all been normal. I should prob talk to my naturopath, but maybe a brief trial would help me figure out if this is a path worth exploring still

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

yisucks;51870 wrote:

I’m # 801

Thanks! Yeah, I actually had my 1 amalgam removed over the summer– so like 6 months ago. I had it removed the right way -I found a pricey dentist in a college town that followed the protocol

I was thinking about doing chelation until my hair test came back normal. The thing is, I’m scared to take DMSA because I know it makes candida symptoms worse, and I don’t think a doc will RX me DPMS since my tests have all been normal. I should prob talk to my naturopath, but maybe a brief trial would help me figure out if this is a path worth exploring still
    Since it’s been 6 months you could always try a ALA-only trial chelation period. Just make sure to start at a low dosage.

yisucks
    Participant

oh nice. and that wouldnt kick up the yeast symptoms?

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

yisucks;51917 wrote: oh nice. and that wouldnt kick up the yeast symptoms?

At the very least it shouldn’t exacerbate the yeast like DMSA would. DMSA can cause yeast to flare by lowering your neutrophils, the white blood cells in charge of killing off the yeast. ALA shouldn’t cause that to happen, but I suppose the mobilization of mercury alone could cause the yeast to flare. Regardless, if you experience symptoms after taking the ALA, especially neurological ones, you should be able to confirm the presence of mercury.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

ThomasJoel2;51920 wrote:

oh nice. and that wouldnt kick up the yeast symptoms?

At the very least it shouldn’t exacerbate the yeast like DMSA would. DMSA can cause yeast to flare by lowering your neutrophils, the white blood cells in charge of killing off the yeast. ALA shouldn’t cause that to happen, but I suppose the mobilization of mercury alone could cause the yeast to flare. Regardless, if you experience symptoms after taking the ALA, especially neurological ones, you should be able to confirm the presence of mercury.

http://atvb.ahajournals.org/content/25/10/2100.full

http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/7686566/inhibition-lps-induced-nitric-oxide-tnf-production-by-a-lipoic-acid-rat-kupffer-cells-raw-264-7-murine-macrophages

They all lead to yeast overgrowth if your prone, even glutathione supplementation. The more sensitive your immune system the pronounced the effect it seems.

yisucks
    Participant

But isn’t chelation important

yisucks
    Participant

But isn’t chelation important

impossible

yisucks;51998 wrote: But isn’t chelation important

Of course it can be. Everyone needs to be aware of that though.

Peter
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

KennyG do you think that is just for my 1 amalgame that my candida don’t want pass?

Garlica
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

I just need to note: almost everyone of my age, older and yonger has amalgam but not everyone of those has candida.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

Peter;53276 wrote: KennyG do you think that is just for my 1 amalgame that my candida don’t want pass?

It’s very possible.

impossible

Garlica;53803 wrote: I just need to note: almost everyone of my age, older and yonger has amalgam but not everyone of those has candida.

And not everyone that takes antibiotics gets an infection either, whats your point?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘This is a MUST read for everyone with CANDIDA.’ is closed to new replies.