This is a MUST read for everyone with CANDIDA.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice This is a MUST read for everyone with CANDIDA.

This topic contains 93 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  laurenziano 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • Author

winaker
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

Has any one heard if nickel can also cause this reaction? My daugther who has celiac/leaky gut had braces put on last year. The same night the braces went on she started having major stomach issues that we’ve not been able to cure. She has very strong candida and is starting to have learning issues at school, prior to this she was on the honor roll and never had issues with her memory. We’d talked with the orthodontist as well as her MD and we were told that there is no reaction to Nickel so this could not be the problem. Needless to say, I’m thinking today that we get these things pulled off and have invisiline put on. I’d greatly appreciate any feedback.

I also spoke with my son this morning and confirmed that he does in fact have silver fillings as well. This likely explain his 35% memory loss (diagnosed at age 17) as well as some of his other health issues that are now happening.

Grateful for the info to ponder, otherwise we’d have never looked at this possible connection.

KennyG
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Hey guys it’s me again! I’m back after not being on here for a year. I’m still dealing with a few candida symptoms but in the long run I feel 80% better since getting the mercury out of my teeth. Mercury detoxification takes anywhere from 1-4 years. I have healed lots of symptoms and feel like I’ll be 100% well in another 6 months to a year.

Here is my progress.

“Tons of my symptoms are gone. I had the worst case of TMJ since my teen years… My clicking/snapping jaw completely healed a few months after my amalgams were out. I’m so thankful. My jaw would click and give me horrible neck and jaw pain 24/7. I know that mercury from amalgams loves to build up in the jaw and cause havoc. I could not open my mouth at all without it snapping, it made eating and kissing very difficult.

I felt crazy when my fillings were in. At one point I ended up in the psych ward, doctors thought I had some sort of mental disorder because I had mild hallucinations and crazy anger. Turns out it was my cracked mercury fillings leaking mercury into my brain that made me feel crazy. I got all my fillings out and now I feel 100% normal all the time.

I had heart pains, skipping heart beats, tight chest, and panic attacks since I was a teen. Getting the mercury out of my teeth cured these problems for good.

My depression cleared up a few weeks after my fillings were out never to return.

My chronic fatigue disappeared a few weeks after my amalgams were removed. I still get tired but only after a long walk or a long day at work. 

When I was in the hospital the nurses told me my blood pressure was sky high! I was really freaked out (this was before I knew I had mercury poisoning). My sister is a nurse and checked it a few months ago and it’s 100% normal now.

Feeling icy cold 24/7 has stopped. I literally used to feel like an ice cube… I would sit in front of the fireplace and couldn’t even feel the heat. My girlfriend says I’m always warm now. I’m her little heater.

My vision used to flicker, it was very strange. I would be sitting there and it looked like someone would flick the light off then back on very quickly. I would always ask people around me “did the light just flicker?” and they always said no. My vision no longer flickers.

I developed carpal tunnel one day and had to fully give up weight lifting. It literally felt like both of my arms were one big bruise. It was so painful! Since getting my fillings out my carpal tunnel  is now cured. I’m back to lifting weights again with no problems.

My horrible hand tremors are a thing of the past. I only had them for around 6 months before realizing they were caused by mercury leaking out of my fillings. The tremors stopped when the mercury exposure stopped.

My insomnia has completely cleared up. I was sleeping 1-3 hours every night for about one year. I had 10 amalgam fillings and a few of them were leaking. On the first dental appointment the dentist removed the leaking ones, within two weeks my sleeping problems were history.

I no longer go pee every 15 minutes. That was horrible!

Chronic pounding headaches have disappeared. 

My IBS has cleared up. I know it’s gross but I literally had diarrhea for a whole year before amalgam removal, it didn’t matter what I ate. I also started juicing tons of organic green vegetables… This may have helped cure my IBS.

After my amalgams were out I started dreaming again. I didn’t dream for a very long time, it must of been over a year. Very happy to have them back.

I’ve done lots of healing but still feel like I’m a few years away from being %100 well again. Mercury comes out of the body very slowly. I also had those mercury leaking fillings in since I was a kid.

These are the issues that I’m still dealing with:

*memory issues & brain fog
    *tight and sore muscles 
    *knots all over my body
    *candida (thrush, dry eyes)
    *prostate/pelvic pain
    *mild social anxiety
    *vision not as good in right eye
    *sense of smell coming back but still not %100

I’ve done 6 months of HMD chelation and 33 rounds on Andy’s protocol. I only added ALA in on round 23. I know mercury causes permanent damage but I’m still hoping for a complete recovery.

When I found out I was mercury poisoned I started drinking 1-2 liters of fresh organic juice everyday. I feel like this was a big part of my recovery.
    I juice everything including kale, spinach, bok choy, swiss chard, red chard, collard greens, parsley, cucumber, celery, lemon, lime, ginger, turmeric, carrots, apples, pears, eggplant, bell peppers, dandelion greens, fennel, broccoli, beets, cauliflower, and cabbage.”

I’ve also done lots of colon cleansing, liver cleansing, and a parasite cleanse (Humaworm).

I also added many super-foods into my diet.
    *Tons of fruit and veggies
    *Raw chia seeds
    *Raw hemp seeds
    *Raw cacao
    *Milk thistle
    *Dandelion roots (smoothies + tea)
    *Norwegian kelp
    *Spirulina algae
    *Virgin coconut oil
    *Yerba Mate tea
    *Raw Maca roots
    *Raw apricot seeds (cancer cure)
    *Bee pollen
    *Turmeric
    *Ginger

I also stopped drinking everything except water and tea.

FireSpirit
    Replies: 2

I’ve had reoccurring depression, insomnia, brain fog, and mild social anxiety and memory issues for as long as I can remember, even as a kid. My mum has 2 or 3 fillings, but surely that wouldnt be the cause of it? just seems so farfetched

yolee
    Replies: 9

Hi kennyG,
    I am a new member here and would like to talk to you more about this topic but not sure you are still on here since the last post was in June. Please let me know if you are still on the forum.

Thanks
    Yolee

april1
    Replies: 8

What material(considered safe) was used instead of mercury for the new fillings?

Floggi
    Replies: 425

d510g1c;12832 wrote: fillings removed yesterday! just wanted to report immediate changes. first of all within the first few hours i feel like my anxiety has definitely been lessened as well as mental fog, […] i can tell the fillings definitely had a direct effect on my mental state and feel less zombiefied.

Perfect!

This is really a perfect proof of how your expectations are affecting your well-being!

Immediate changes that occur within hours? If there is one thing that conventional and alternative practitioners agree about, it is that any “mercury poisoning” builds up in a matter of years, and disappears even more slowly. Some say it takes decades, others say the effects never disappear.

Therefore, your increased well-being must be caused by yourself. By your own attitude. Which, in turn, is governed by your expectations.

This is why cognitive behavioral therapy is so succesful.

Thanks for sharing and for exposing yourself as an example!

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Floggi;50553 wrote:

fillings removed yesterday! just wanted to report immediate changes. first of all within the first few hours i feel like my anxiety has definitely been lessened as well as mental fog, […] i can tell the fillings definitely had a direct effect on my mental state and feel less zombiefied.

Perfect!

This is really a perfect proof of how your expectations are affecting your well-being!

Immediate changes that occur within hours? If there is one thing that conventional and alternative practitioners agree about, it is that any “mercury poisoning” builds up in a matter of years, and disappears even more slowly. Some say it takes decades, others say the effects never disappear.

Therefore, your increased well-being must be caused by yourself. By your own attitude. Which, in turn, is governed by your expectations.

This is why cognitive behavioral therapy is so succesful.

Thanks for sharing and for exposing yourself as an example!

Floggi it seems as though you have some type of crusade against those speaking out against mercury toxicity. I’m not sure how you can feel so strongly the way you do, but I would strongly encourage you to become more educated about the topic before dismissing it so quickly.

Have you read both of Andy Cutler’s books regarding mercury toxicity? Are you familiar with the overwhelming anecdotal evidence of people’s improvement in health after following a proper chelation protocol. On the other hand, are you aware of sites like http://www.dmpsbackfire.com where there are numerous reports of people using DMPS incorrectly and suffering terrible health consequences. Surely if it was all placebo like you claim, the manner in which you administered DMPS wouldn’t make a difference in the outcomes.

Floggi
    Replies: 425

I have a different opinion than you. That does not make me a crusader. If it would, then I would have equal rights to call you are on a crusade trying to spread the belief that complaint X “must” be caused by mercury.

Similarly, your call for me to get educated is a call to only look at a scarist’s viewpoint. I refuse that. I do look at the scarist’s viewpoint, but I also look at the scientific knowledge. I invite you to do the same and to get educated.

On a side note, you’ve only gone on a detour. You have not addressed anything of what I wrote. That’s another difference between you and me: I have addressed everything you wrote. I invite you to show the same politeness.

jasmin
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hi everyone
    I have a question: do you know a chelation protocol for severe intoxications (12 fillings worn for 20 years and removed by a dentist in an un-safe, classical way…only by using a suction tube)?
    I would take DMSA and ALA, but I suppose caution is needed with these also.
    I have been taking zeolite powder and chlorella for 1 month now.
    Do you think I should continue with these, while of course sticking to the candida diet (1 month of that too),then wait to feel better and start “heavier” chelation methods?
    Thank you in andvance for any answers.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

jasmin;50620 wrote: Hi everyone
    I have a question: do you know a chelation protocol for severe intoxications (12 fillings worn for 20 years and removed by a dentist in an un-safe, classical way…only by using a suction tube)?
    I would take DMSA and ALA, but I suppose caution is needed with these also.
    I have been taking zeolite powder and chlorella for 1 month now.
    Do you think I should continue with these, while of course sticking to the candida diet (1 month of that too),then wait to feel better and start “heavier” chelation methods?
    Thank you in andvance for any answers.

The safest and most effective chelation protocol is almost certainly Andy Cutler’s protocol. I have to highly recommend you check out his two books. Both are must reads if you are mercury toxic. The links are listed below:

Amalgam Illness, Diagnosis and Treatment: http://www.amazon.com/Amalgam-Illness-Diagnosis-Treatment-Better/dp/0967616808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383112386&sr=8-1&keywords=amalgam+illness
    Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities: http://www.amazon.com/Hair-Test-Interpretation-Finding-Toxicities/dp/0967616816/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383112440&sr=8-1&keywords=hair+test+interpretation

You might want to check out the reviews on both books to see that I’m not the only one high on Cutler as many others are grateful for his protocol as well.

Also, I’m not sure what your experience thus far with chlorella has been, but Cutler warns against using chlorella to chelate so you may want to stop taking it until you’re familiar with Cutler’s views on the subject. Lots of people get worse on chelation protocols involving cilantro/chlorella. I’m not 100% sure of Cutler’s views on zeolite, but if I were you I’d stop both the chlorella and zeolite for now.

Here’s a brief overview of his protocol: http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/
    I should add that that whole site is a really valuable resource for those with mercury toxicity and you should find some useful info there.

Finally, if you do decide on following the frequent, low-dose protocol you should join the yahoo group/forum. There’s a lot of very nice people there that will be glad to help you with any issues you may have. Here’s the link for that: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/frequent-dose-chelation/info

Hopefully this points you in the right direction. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

tude58
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 56

dvjorge;11740 wrote: Hi Kenny,
    I have brought that kind of information to this forum with the only idea of helping candida sufferers to find the right path to leave this diet and supplements forever. The result was some people turned the weapons on me. I agree some candida sufferers resolve it without addressing heavy metal toxicity, but those are a minory who have an active immune system. They only need some antifungal tablets to end with it. Others who are battling it with a diet and antifungals for months or years (most cases) don’t respond because something have their immune system totally suppressed. Mercury is most of time the culprit. You are totally right about the results gotten by those who have removed the amalgams and chelated. Those are who are able to leave the diet and eat what they want, even gluten again, without any relapse. I am following this path , and at the end of this month, I will reach 6 months chelating with ALA. I probably add EDTA soon. Too early to expect a total resolution but for first time in my battle I see the infection leaving my body seriously. I was symptom free two times but when I opened the diet, the relapse occurred.

It is an smart decision to remove the amalgams and chelate. If you have had a candida episodic, soon or later, you will have to do it.

Very smart the route you have taken,
    Good Luck,
    Jorge.

I totally agree with both of you, Jorge and Kenny. I have looked in to getting my fillings removed in the past. I’ve read many studies on this. One thing is two schools of thought: wait till the candida is leaving/left for a period of time or do it first. The expense of the dentists using the safe methods is in itself a crime in my opinion. I had one lady actually tell me she couldnt in good conscience use the “bad” fillings. I wonder how she in “good conscience” can excuse charging twice as much as all other dentists…………..
    I’m waiting on the candida/mold level to drop low enough to be able to afford the dental:(

rdj123
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 12

Very interesting. Any updates on this topic?
    Any success stories from anyone on this forum? Also, does Chlorella work for chelating mercury?

RJ

fizzlex
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 24

I know this is an old post but I would like to give some input.

I believe that mercury toxicity is very crucial in resolving candida. I myself was born with a fungal ear infection that spread into my lungs at 6 months old. I almost died on multiple occasions as an infant (had to be on breathing machines). The doctors could not figure it out. Then one day, I stopped having severe asthma (around the same time my ear drums became ruptured, gee I wonder why). My theory is that the infection was able to drain out of my ears and no longer into my lungs which is what kept me alive.. Now, my mother has candida as well, but also had fillings all throughout her teeth..

I do believe the fillings are what caused her candida as well as inheritance. I remember my grandmother used to have me scratch her back all the time when I was a kid, saying she constantly itched all the time. She died at a young age approximately 60 years old (which is still young). She was underweight despite dieting. She constantly napped all throughout the day even in her younger days. She had been declared “mentally retarded” at age 40. How do you live a long life then just one day you are all of a sudden “retarded”. She had lost her ability to read or write. Could not drive a car etc etc.

So I believe inheritance played an important part in where I am today. My grandmother, my mother, and my uncle all show signs of candida (toe fungus, CFS, asthma, COPD etc).

However, with each generation, the disease becomes more frequent and severe. For me, I have joint pains, fibro and nerve damage which started this past year, inflamed lymph nodes in the groin, underneath the ear, and in the chest (thymus gland), cysts in various areas of my body, ear aches, my ears smell like dirty socks, sinus congestion, etc theres so many symptoms. My sister has candida and has sinus congestion, psoriasis, anorexia, fibrocystic breasts, numbness of the muscles, brain fog and lymph nodes in her chest. It is amazing to me how such a disease can afflict damage among an entire family. Not a single family doctor can explain any of our symptoms or put a connection until recently when I went to the naturopathic doctor and I immediately pointed out the fungus on my mothers toenails, and I said “thats why I’m here”. When I told them I had been on antibiotics every year of my life, they were astounded that I was still alive, which I have to agree, I should be dead.

But, back to mercury toxicity. I have never had any fillings, however, my mother had many in the past, which I believe contributed to my candida and illnesses. My sister was born jaundiced and underweight from candida and mercury toxicity from my mother, where as I was born with the infection in my ears. I believe that heavy metals do need to be addressed by a naturopathic doctor and properly chelated. As for me, I will never be cured, but do hope that I can live another 10-15 years and make it to my 40s. I have 23 years of candida and toxicity running through my blood and tissues, that along with tissue damage from alcohol and drugs (which I consumed because I couldn’t deal with the fact that I knew I was sick but the doctors kept saying I was crazy so I figured the hell with it, if I’m not sick, I’ll just get high to escape the pain, now I am dealing with the repercussions, but yet, according to my blood tests I am “healthy as a horse”).

Good luck to everyone, and if you are going to chelate or do any type of detoxing aside form your usual juicing, then you must do it under the supervision of a trained doctor!

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

Vitamin Research Products has a 50% off sale thru Black Friday – on DMSA and ALA – for those who want to try Andrew Cutler’s protocol for HG detox.

pomacanthus
    Replies: 15

I have had all of my Mercury removed years ago and I have a fairly severe case of Candida.
    Mercury is a neurotoxin and highly toxic so I don’t really see the point in arguing about it as it relates to Candida esp since I have Candida and no Mercury

How many of you filter your tap water? Im an expert on water quality and trust me when I say the Mercury is there, the only real question is how much?
    Call you City and request the latest water test results if you like you will see it listed along with Arsenic, Lead, etc.
    Please purchase a high quality reverse osmosis water purifier if you haven’t already.
    Bottled water is better than tap but I would bet dollars to doughnuts its adsorbing BPA from the cheap plastic is bottled in but thats another post….

Point is Mercury is multi sourced poison.
    Fillings and amalgams are really only the beginning in my opinion but a great STARTING point.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘This is a MUST read for everyone with CANDIDA.’ is closed to new replies.