This is a MUST read for everyone with CANDIDA.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice This is a MUST read for everyone with CANDIDA.

This topic contains 93 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  laurenziano 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
  • Author

CandiGirl
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

OMG! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for this. I’m very ill at this moment and my doctors can’t seem to figure out why I’m getting worse. Along with Medical Drs, I also do light therapy and bio-feedback. I find out about my overgrowth of Candida from the alternative therapies (btw, the symptoms of Candida just about mirror Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Depression/Anxiety, all of which I’ve been diagnosed with, interesting, huh?). Anyway, one of my holistic therapist told me to watch “The Beautiful Truth.” It’s a documentary about The Gerson Therapy. It was awesome and one of the points it brought out was about mercury poisoning from amalgam. I have eight and I have no doubt that it’s contributing to my compromised immune system and the Candida. I don’t have any income at the moment but when I get money the very first thing I’m going to do is get them removed.

With so much gratitude!

PS here’s to link to the video if you’d like to take a look at it. http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/beautiful-truth/

d510g1c
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 19

just watched that movie “the beautiful truth” very interesting stuff. things ive already suspected but got even more reassurance. thanks for putting that up, im even more optimistic about getting mine removed. cant wait get them all taken out tomorrow, this day has been a long time coming, when do you ever hear of someone being excited about going to te dentist…especially when they know they are getting at least one of those super painful shots in the mouth lol…

immunetroubles
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 26

Please, everyone who is undergoing extraction of amalgam fillings keep us posted as to your results after having the fillings removed…..and good luck!!!!
    Lynda

d510g1c

fillings removed yesterday! just wanted to report immediate changes. first of all within the first few hours i feel like my anxiety has definitely been lessened as well as mental fog, i have also experienced a bit of a headache and lightheadedness…im thinking these are possibly due to that increased bit of exposure during the procedure, i believe no matter how careful the dentist is there will still be a brief period of exposure. been experiencing runny stools im thinking that could be from the dmsa i dont know. but i can tell the fillings definitely had a direct effect on my mental state and feel less zombiefied. as far as some of the candida symptoms go, no real changes yet but i fully expect a quicker recovery in the weeks and months to come while on dmsa.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

d510g1c wrote: fillings removed yesterday! just wanted to report immediate changes. first of all within the first few hours i feel like my anxiety has definitely been lessened as well as mental fog, i have also experienced a bit of a headache and lightheadedness…im thinking these are possibly due to that increased bit of exposure during the procedure, i believe no matter how careful the dentist is there will still be a brief period of exposure. been experiencing runny stools im thinking that could be from the dmsa i dont know. but i can tell the fillings definitely had a direct effect on my mental state and feel less zombiefied. as far as some of the candida symptoms go, no real changes yet but i fully expect a quicker recovery in the weeks and months to come while on dmsa.

DMSA isn’t a good option with your candida. You should way some time (around 3 months) without taking any chelator. DMSA lower the WBC significantly, and this is really bad if candida is present. Instead, DMPS is better but you will need an script. Start with a very low dose of DMSA to see how you react. I am prognosticating an increase in your candida caused symptoms. Some people need to chelate with ALA for around a year to later take DMSA for lead toxicity. DMSA isn’t vital to detox mercury, but ALA is !

Jorge.

d510g1c

jorge what are your thoughts on using alpha lipoic acid for a chelating agent, it is capable of crossing the bbb.

KennyG
    Replies: 9

Hello all!

Thank you everyone for adding so much wonderful info to this post.
    I think this post is going to get really popular, considering 85% of people have mercury in their teeth.

DMSA will lower the amount of mercury in the body and organs. Once all mercury fillings are removed your body will automatically start detoxing. DMSA just makes the process go a lot faster. Once you have removed enought mercury from your body (around 3 months) you then add in lipoic acid (ALA) to remove the mercury from the brain, eyes, and neck.
    Please note that ALA is the only thing that can pull mercury and lead from the human brain. DMSA does not cross the blood-brain barrier.

Before trying DMPS please read this
    DMPSbackfire.com – DMPS Facts and Patient Reports

I still have 2 tiny fillings that need to be removed before I start chelation.
    I will be getting them removed in the middle of April.
    Since having 8 amalgams out of my mouth I feel so much better, but I still have mercury leaking into my body. I will jump for joy once I’m 100% mercury free!

I’ve had insomnia since I was a teen, now I sleep 8 hours a night every night.
    My dentist removed the biggest filling that was leaking and BAM insomnia cured instantly!
    I think the mercury vapor was 100% responsible for my sleep issues.

Many of you have seen the “Smoking Teeth” video, well I found a more recent one and I think that everyone should watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCpVmcezCrI
    *Show your family and close friends if they have mercury in their mouth. They will no longer think you are insane.

What do you think would happen if they showed this clip on the news?
    The whole world would panic!!!

I will keep you all posted on my recovery, love to hear from you all.
    Cheers.

KennyG

To d510g1c

I am so happy for you… now you can start living again my friend 😀

Pattinoo
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 50

The mercury angle intrigues me. Still exploring. How do you know if fillings are mercury? I have one silver and many a dull dark grey. Also, how does one find a dentist who safely removes them? Just had some fillings removed for a crown and had big time pain and sensitivity for a few weeks after. No precautions used to my knowledge. I have to be honest. I am do grateful for the info here but don’t want to be on this diet forever, if I don’t have to. Really struggling this week with missing things. Im in a 12 step program and using that helps a lot.

KennyG

All silver fillings are mercury. I think grey ones are also mercury.
    Best way to find a mercury-safe dentist is by using google.

I found a very good video you guys, check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_OC9mL0Dlg

MsPharm
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

KennyG, First off thank you for the very detailed description that you have written on 2-6 regarding your experience and treatments.
    Let me start off my letting you know that I am a pharmacist and hold a doctorate degree in pharmacy. And I agree with everything that you have written on here.
    I will say that there are still things unknown from a biochemical perspective that I will still be doing further personal research on, but can’t tell you enough how helpful you sharing your experience has been with me.
    I have been battling Candida for years…..only I did not know it. I realized that it was Candida about 3 years ago and began changing my diet and incorporating the natural fungal killers in my diet. After about 6 months, I felt better and then continued leading a normal life. I did not know what the cause ofmy candida was, but attributed it to a stressful work life I had at the time combined with poor eating habits and extensive travel.
    It is only recently that I have read up regarding the link between mercury fillings and candida.
    I am in the process of having my fillings removed and intend on using the information you provided on myself to assist in my detox process.

I have to say that during my own personal struggle, I ran into the same difficulties with various physicians and medical health professionals. The funny thing is that when they were talking to me……they were dealing with one of their own! And so I challenged them on a pure medical and chemistry level regarding what their thoughts were. To make a long story short, they acknowledged after some time that they didn’t know the answers to some of the basic questions in the causes and treatment of Candida. I can tell you as a pharmacist there have not been any new classes of medications to treat candida in over 20 years and it is still one of the more difficult infections to treat in hospital patients.

Its important to acknowledge that we, as humans, just don’t know everything. It doesn’t matter if you a doctor or not. The world of health and healthcare is a big place. Many years ago, we did not know what cancer was and today we have great innovative therapies to help patients live longer and in some cases, live cancer free.
    I guess the point I want to make to the audience is that just because someone may say “there is no proof that mercury causes candida” there is also the statement “there is no proof that mercury does NOT cause Candida.” The truth is that there have not been enough medical or scientific studies to prove that there is no link. Just because someone didn’t study it yet…..does not mean that it doesn’t exist.

I appreciate the details and stories of all those on this site, because this is essentially what research is…..and what eventually leads to true advancements in medicine and the health of the entire human race. So to everyone out there….please keep your stories coming!

MsPharm
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Oh one more thing…….I read recently that additional data has been sent to the FDA with more evidence regarding the link between mercury fillings and candida which may prompt them to revisit the topic regarding its safe use in patients going forward.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

There has been a number of studies regarding this subject, there should be no lack of evidence.

http://www.orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1990/pdf/1990-v05n03-p138.pdf

http://www.orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1986/pdf/1986-v01n04-p261.pdf

We don’t use these fillings any more in Denmark, and many people get them removed..

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I am not sure about the efficacy of having the fillings removed if they are intact. I have talked to several dentists that have told me that you expose yourself to more mercury by having the fillings removed prematurely. I have no reason to believe that they are lying as they would make more money by replacing my fillings.

There is also a lot of mercury in our food, something not to be discounted lightly. If you eat a lot of fish, especially bigger predator fish, you are going to carry a heavier mercury load. Just something to mull over.

I still believe the one thing that all candida sufferers have in common is typically a bad diet high in sugar, refined flour and foods. It is why there is an epidemic of diabetes in the United States. I just do not believe that removing the mercury from my mouth is going to solve all my problems.

Thanks for the interesting information though. Good to get it out there!

winaker
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

I find this very interesting. The herbalist that I spoke with last month that gave me info on which supplements to take to deal with Candida had also mentioned the fact that along with her Candida issue, she had a mercury issue. Needless to say I’ll be calling her tomorrow to find out where and how she was tested.

I’d had 8 fillings at one point, one of which was leaking when it was removed. I still have 2 at this point, as the dentist said like a previous post stated, that it was more dangerous to remove them. I know for a fact that my mom had fillings. If this is a fact that it can be passed on to your children it would likely explain why my son has only 65% working memory, as my leaky filling was removed after he was born.

My belief is that if you have information to share it with others, someone maybe not all, but someone might benefit. If 1 person ends up having a positive outcome then it’s worth sharing.

Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘This is a MUST read for everyone with CANDIDA.’ is closed to new replies.