This crap is taking over my life

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions This crap is taking over my life

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  candida_sucks 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Candida exists in two forms, the pathogenic harmful version and the non-pathogenic beneficial version. We all do have candida in our bodies and if it all died, we would not be alive. We need candida to function and be normal.

However, we don’t need pathogenic candida whatsoever and this is where it causes harm. The goal of your own personal protocol should be to revert the candida back to the non-pathogenic version and this requires a specific plan.

-raster

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

raster;53132 wrote: Candida exists in two forms, the pathogenic harmful version and the non-pathogenic beneficial version. We all do have candida in our bodies and if it all died, we would not be alive. We need candida to function and be normal.

However, we don’t need pathogenic candida whatsoever and this is where it causes harm. The goal of your own personal protocol should be to revert the candida back to the non-pathogenic version and this requires a specific plan.

-raster

No disrespect, raster, but where do you get this nonsense? Show me a documented case of someone dying from a lack of Candida Albicans, or show me a study that explains why it’s so absolutely necessary for human health that we would hypothetically DIE without it. What vital function do you think it performs? Do you deny that the metabolites from the yeast form are toxic to the human body? Despite the fact that science has already shown that the human body forms up to 78 antibodies for these metabolites? You think the Axelson study about Candida antigens (link to it here), the one that Orian Truss cites in the aforementioned journal article, is fiction? Or inaccurate?

So in your belief system, every single natural and prescription antifungal that has been discussed in this forum will only kill the mycelial form of C. Albicans? And leave the yeast form alone? Otherwise we would die, yes? Or at least start to suffer symptoms from C. Albicans deficiency? How would the yeast form be so invulnerable to all of these antifungals?

CS

ks13
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 10

I’m basically trying to figure out why my side effects are so bad. I have a co-worker who got checked for candida antibodies. His were 10x what mine are, but he has virtually no symptoms. With mine, I basically feel the worst I ever have & I can’t figure out why I’m so much worse off than I was a few months back. My wife thinks I need to go on an SSRI b/c she doesn’t understand what’s going on.

raster
    Participant

candida_sucks;53153 wrote:

Candida exists in two forms, the pathogenic harmful version and the non-pathogenic beneficial version. We all do have candida in our bodies and if it all died, we would not be alive. We need candida to function and be normal.

-raster

No disrespect, raster, but where do you get this nonsense? Show me a documented case of someone dying from a lack of Candida Albicans, or show me a study that explains why it’s so absolutely necessary for human health that we would hypothetically DIE without it. What vital function do you think it performs? Do you deny that the metabolites from the yeast form are toxic to the human body? Despite the fact that science has already shown that the human body forms up to 78 antibodies for these metabolites? You think the Axelson study about Candida antigens (link to it here), the one that Orian Truss cites in the aforementioned journal article, is fiction? Or inaccurate?

So in your belief system, every single natural and prescription antifungal that has been discussed in this forum will only kill the mycelial form of C. Albicans? And leave the yeast form alone? Otherwise we would die, yes? Or at least start to suffer symptoms from C. Albicans deficiency? How would the yeast form be so invulnerable to all of these antifungals?

CS

Candida sucks, there is no way to completely destroy all of the candida in your body…

Humans and candida have a strong relationship…

Straight from wikipedia:

“Candida is a genus of yeasts and is currently the most common cause of fungal infections worldwide. Many species are harmless commensals or endosymbionts of hosts including humans; however, when mucosal barriers are disrupted or the immune system is compromised they can invade and cause disease.”

“Commensalism is a class of relationship between two organisms where one organism benefits without affecting the other. It compares with mutualism, in which both organisms benefit, amensalism, where one is harmed while the other is unaffected, and parasitism, where one benefits while the other is harmed.”

“An endosymbiont is any organism that lives within the body or cells of another organism…Many instances of endosymbiosis are obligate; that is, either the endosymbiont or the host cannot survive without the other…”

-raster

raster
    Participant

ks13;53168 wrote: I’m basically trying to figure out why my side effects are so bad. I have a co-worker who got checked for candida antibodies. His were 10x what mine are, but he has virtually no symptoms. With mine, I basically feel the worst I ever have & I can’t figure out why I’m so much worse off than I was a few months back. My wife thinks I need to go on an SSRI b/c she doesn’t understand what’s going on.

Well ks13, I recommend starting to get educated on candida and start listening to doctors and medical professionals on youtube so you can understand this syndrome. Check out Dr. Mcoombs for a good starting point and it should start to make sense. The reason its not diagnosed in western medicine is because there is not a single drug that can treat you and make you better.

Your co-worker likely is constipated (less than 1 bm per day) and this is considered a digestive disorder and they could have brain fog they never noticed before.

-raster

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

ks13;53168 wrote: I’m basically trying to figure out why my side effects are so bad. I have a co-worker who got checked for candida antibodies. His were 10x what mine are, but he has virtually no symptoms. With mine, I basically feel the worst I ever have & I can’t figure out why I’m so much worse off than I was a few months back. My wife thinks I need to go on an SSRI b/c she doesn’t understand what’s going on.

I dont know if this will offer any comfort,
    but my worst attack of candida symptoms only happened after I ate a holiday dinner with lots of roasted garlic. Never thought anything of it,never put the two together, but that holiday I was eating all kinds of sugar/starches.
    I wonder if we get so acclimated to our overgrowth until we inadvertently cause a BUNCH of die-off, causing a flood of toxins in our systems (thus the symptoms)and then we treat it and it goes into its fungal/virulent form which is tougher to get rid of.

IE I will bet your friend will experience some of your symptoms if he started cleaning it out.

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

raster;53172 wrote:

-raster

CS

Candida sucks, there is no way to completely destroy all of the candida in your body…

Humans and candida have a strong relationship…

Straight from wikipedia:

“Candida is a genus of yeasts and is currently the most common cause of fungal infections worldwide. Many species are harmless commensals or endosymbionts of hosts including humans; however, when mucosal barriers are disrupted or the immune system is compromised they can invade and cause disease.”

“Commensalism is a class of relationship between two organisms where one organism benefits without affecting the other. It compares with mutualism, in which both organisms benefit, amensalism, where one is harmed while the other is unaffected, and parasitism, where one benefits while the other is harmed.”

“An endosymbiont is any organism that lives within the body or cells of another organism…Many instances of endosymbiosis are obligate; that is, either the endosymbiont or the host cannot survive without the other…”

-raster

When I used the word ‘eliminate’ in my first post in this thread, I didn’t mean we can eliminate every single cell of C. Albicans. I simply meant that we want to kill/eliminate as much C. Albicans as possible. C. Albicans is too ubiquitous in the environment to be 100% free of it. The goal of treatment, however, is to kill as much as possible so that its numbers are low. In small numbers it’s not pathogenic. In large numbers it is pathogenic, regardless of which form it’s in.

Your wikipedia definitions do not answer my previous questions, and comprise a rather lame response. We already knew C. Albicans will spread in the gut if the immune system is compromised (at the same time that the gut flora is reduced). Truss wrote about this 30 years ago. Dr. Trowbridge goes into more detail in The Yeast Syndrome and explains that the yeast form will grow quite rapidly if it is well fed. As such, C. Albicans doesn’t need to be in a mycelial form to spread in the gut.

Regarding commensalism, C. Albicans is only a commensal organism if it exists in relatively small numbers. A small amount of C. Albicans will only produce a small amount of toxins. A small amount of toxins is easily handled by the immune system, so no disease is produced in the host. As such, a small amount of C. Albicans is deemed commensal and not pathogenic. By the way, if you’re trying to say C. Albicans is commensal, you’re actually contradicting yourself. Aren’t we supposed to DIE without C. Albicans?

C. Albicans may be classified as an endosymbiont, but that only means that it lives inside us. Not exactly new information; all parasites are endosymbionts. You think that C. Albicans is an obligate endosymbiont that we cannot live without? Once again, I say prove it. I say that knowing full well that you can’t, because the scientific literature already shows that C. Albicans metabolites are toxic to the human body. The yeast form exudes 78 known antigens, and the mycelial form exudes the same 78 plus one extra.

Antifungals will kill both forms of C. Albicans. It’s not like the yeast form is protected by a horcrux that makes it invulnerable.

Cheers,
    CS

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘This crap is taking over my life’ is closed to new replies.