these prescription meds ok

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions these prescription meds ok

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eskimo_pup 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

Just checking none of these are detrimental

rectogesic

lactulose oral solution [sounds like a sugar?]

otomize [antibiotic ear spray is this ok because its localized or does it have the same effect as a pill?]

Thanks.

eskimo_pup

eskimo_pup;39035 wrote: Just checking none of these are detrimental

rectogesic

otomize [antibiotic ear spray is this ok because its localized or does it have the same effect as a pill?]

Thanks.

*BUMP*

Really i’m going to get to a point where i just take them regardless if there’s no information.
    Thanks for any help.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

eskimo_pup;39035 wrote: Just checking none of these are detrimental

rectogesic

EP, I’m sorry no one replied to your post, but to be honest, most of us don’t like to advise you about medications that are doctor prescribed unless we’re familiar with them and know for a fact that they will cause the infestation to grow worse, even then, we’re aware that sometimes a medication is necessary regardless of the Candida infestation.

Either you or your insurance company is paying this doctor for what he’s doing for you, so is he aware of the fact that you have Candida or is this actually what he’s treating you for? If he isn’t aware, he should at least know that you have a yeast problem if he’s going to prescribe medications, and if he’s treating you for the Candida, then he should be aware of the potential dangers of any medication in connection with the Candida overgrowth.

I did a search for the lactulose and it seems to be a laxative derived from lactose. Being a derivative, I have no way of knowing for certain whether or not it would bother your infestation.

Why is the doctor giving you an antibiotic for your ears (Otomize)? He apparently believes you have a bacterial growth in your ears, but are you sure it isn’t the Candida instead of bacteria?

Able

eskimo_pup

Able900;39714 wrote:

Just checking none of these are detrimental

rectogesic

EP, I’m sorry no one replied to your post, but to be honest, most of us don’t like to advise you about medications that are doctor prescribed unless we’re familiar with them and know for a fact that they will cause the infestation to grow worse, even then, we’re aware that sometimes a medication is necessary regardless of the Candida infestation.

Either you or your insurance company is paying this doctor for what he’s doing for you, so is he aware of the fact that you have Candida or is this actually what he’s treating you for? If he isn’t aware, he should at least know that you have a yeast problem if he’s going to prescribe medications, and if he’s treating you for the Candida, then he should be aware of the potential dangers of any medication in connection with the Candida overgrowth.

I did a search for the lactulose and it seems to be a laxative derived from lactose. Being a derivative, I have no way of knowing for certain whether or not it would bother your infestation.

Why is the doctor giving you an antibiotic for your ears (Otomize)? He apparently believes you have a bacterial growth in your ears, but are you sure it isn’t the Candida instead of bacteria?

Able

I figured people would be apprehensive for that reason and I complete understand the responsibility here is 100% on myself but I just wanted to make an informed decision.

The ear infection is an ongoing thing, it’s worse when I get water in the ear and when I use headphones, my dr looked inside my ear and said the left one looks inflamed. Equally it may be candida related as it started in the last 2 years.

The antibiotic otomize is something i keep being prescribed and it is truly the most worthless drug i have had to take, it hardly ever deals with the problem. Also I did some of my research last night and it states in side effects ‘may cause candidiasis of the throat…’

So really I would rather see if it goes away as my candida subsides as it could well be candida causing it and that’s why it keeps coming back.

The lactulose is a strange one some people are taking in enemas to TREAT candida despite it being a sugar, that is why i thought their might be an opinion on it here. http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1973074

But I think i might just deal with my constipation with a some poorly absorbed mineral supplements, they have laxative properties without feeding my candida.

Third the rectogesic I see no conflict here though I don’t like it i’ll take it for the problem.

My healthcare is ‘free’ on the NHS, my dr knows i’m on a candida diet and she has no issues beyond a general warning about some diets being dangerously restrictive. Unfortunately this doesn’t mean she will treat me with candida in mind! So i am being proactive in making careful decisions about medicines containing sugar or antibiotics.

So to sum up I think there are safer laxatives then the lactulose and i’m willing to wait to see if candida is causing the ear problems.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘these prescription meds ok’ is closed to new replies.