There's no going back?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions There's no going back?

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

I cheated over christmas and had symptoms worse then my original symptoms, it was just a huge backlash.

My reasoning being if you try to starve a wild animal then throw it a piece of meat its likely to take your hand off. It felt like the candida was directly reacting to the lack of sugar suddenly being available and it just lunged at it.

My symptoms went into overdrive, but thinking logically on it afterwards, if your feeding the candida steadily the symptoms are likely to be steady and even. If you feed it suddenly after starving it the backlash is likely to be sudden and extreme.

Also your shocking your body by suddenly changing the status quo, that is why i think my symptoms after cheating were stronger then they were before i started, the body was in a routine even with the candida.

I’m getting gradually better I went back to no test foods just the original list then i reintroduced the test foods every ten days.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

eskimo_pup ! a million thanks!

I feel like I’ve heard the voice of reason, I’m not sure why I didn’t think of it like that.

mrs.candida

I have felt crappy and been unable to leave the house since January 2nd.

So, I tried a little experiment yesterday. I didn’t take any anti-fungals all day. My energy and mental attitude were great, much better then they have been this last month. I was able to shop with a friend for 8 hours, it was wonderful. The best part was unusual positive attitude, that’s not normal for me. It gave me a glimpse as to what my life would be like if I were Candida free.

This leads me to believe that what I’m doing is working, and I’m going to stick with it.

orka1998
    Participant
    Replies: 673

mrs.candida;35067 wrote: I have felt crappy and been unable to leave the house since January 2nd.

So, I tried a little experiment yesterday. I didn’t take any anti-fungals all day. My energy and mental attitude were great, much better then they have been this last month. I was able to shop with a friend for 8 hours, it was wonderful. The best part was unusual positive attitude, that’s not normal for me. It gave me a glimpse as to what my life would be like if I were Candida free.

This leads me to believe that what I’m doing is working, and I’m going to stick with it.

Hello mrs. candida,

I just wanted to say that perhaps you should ease up on antifungals a bit. You don’t have to stop taking them, but just reduce the dose a bit.

I don’t think that the point of this treatment is to nuke candida, but more about reducing symptoms and then working on restoring your immune system health and good gut flora. If you are so ill while taking anti-fungals, that means that your body is unable to expel all the toxins that are being released and those could be doing harm to your organs (kidneys and liver mainly). You do not want to take care of one problem (candida) and end up with another (kidney or liver failure).

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

mrs.candida

Orka,

That’s excellent advice. I think your right, I will ease up a bit, to find a level that doesn’t wipe me out.
    Thank You!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

mrs.candida;34953 wrote: Yes, of course, makes sense. However it makes me think back to my original reasoning for this post. Why is it that if I eat sugar or wheat I hurt almost instantly. I never had any problems consuming certain foods before starting this diet. That’s what I meant by “no going back”. I actually feel sicker now then I did last May when I started the diet, and now I have real food sensitivities something I never had before.

This happens to a lot of members eventually, it certainly happened to me the first time I thought I had cured the infestation and started eating peanut butter and apples. When the infestation was able to reestablish itself completely, the symptoms were at last twice as bad as the first time. This is proof that the infestation is still a large population of Candida. Once you actually clear your body of the overgrowth, this will no longer happen.

What takes place is, when you stop feeding the Candida, and then start feeding them again, the next generation of Candida is going to be more durable and viral than the last generation; therefore your Candida-related symptoms are going to be worse. This is simply an example of evolution at work; in essence, you’re helping the Candida to evolve with the breaks in the diet.

Able

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

This has all been great reading, thanks everyone. I just have to say that I totally agree that fibromyalgia is a symptom of candida and I believe it is caused by leaky gut. I see it as histamine effecting certain joints. I’m now allergic to lots of foods and feel it in my elbows mostly. I can work it out of the joint by using it. (purely my personal theory)
    Now I wish I could figure out why the ringing in the ears!

mrs.candida

Thanks Able, I guess I won’t be having a croissant while in Paris next week 🙁

Flipper,

I totally agree with you that you can work out the affected muscles. My fibromyalgia is in my lower back, I can alleviate it by yoga poses that open the hips. I still need to look more into leaky gut. I understand that it goes hand in hand with Candida, however the only food sensitivity I know of (or at least knew before starting the diet) is sugar.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘There's no going back?’ is closed to new replies.